Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

JOS Forums under attack?

Sunny

I had a hard time finding JOS today after noon. Typing the keyword jos forums, which works in general but several times navigation, only the lies and garbage of the enemy were present. I had to report this, I made no mistake in the keyword I type but I did as usual. Thank you.

Master said:
I had a hard time finding JOS today after noon. Typing the keyword jos forums, which works in general but several times navigation, only the lies and garbage of the enemy were present. I had to report this, I made no mistake in the keyword I type but I did as usual. Thank you.

If you can't bookmark the forum due to privacy then you can save the link in a word document and then right-click the saved file to select properties, then just checkmark the 'Hidden' attribute.

It will disappear from visibility and if you need to find it again you can just use the 'View' tab of your file explorer and checkmark 'Hidden items' to show it again. Just make sure to bury the file in a folder within folders but remember where you left it so it can't be happened upon accidentally and remember to uncheck 'Hidden items' in the 'View' tab to hide it again.

Ghost in the Machine said:
Master said:

If you can't bookmark the forum due to privacy then you can save the link in a word document and then right-click the saved file to select properties, then just checkmark the 'Hidden' attribute.

It will disappear from visibility and if you need to find it again you can just use the 'View' tab of your file explorer and checkmark 'Hidden items' to show it again. Just make sure to bury the file in a folder within folders but remember where you left it so it can't be happened upon accidentally and remember to uncheck 'Hidden items' in the 'View' tab to hide it again.
That's a great idea, thanks Ghost in the Machine.

FancyMancy said:
Can't you remember ancient-forums.com?

This feels like that time I put out a large kitchen fire with water and completely forgot we had a fire extinguisher.

The existence of simplistic urls slipped my mind entirely. I guess the intellect of high air element just wants to see the complexity of everything rather than simplicity, doesn't seem very intelligent for everything if you ask me.

FancyMancy said:
It's not that I can't remember an address but I've always written on the browser in an abbreviated way, jos forums, and the search engine has always shown other results too but JOS was and is the main result but lately there is an overload of junk results loaded by the enemy to mislead people.

FancyMancy said:

This feels like that time I put out a large kitchen fire with water and completely forgot we had a fire extinguisher.

The existence of simplistic urls slipped my mind entirely. I guess the intellect of high air element just wants to see the complexity of everything rather than simplicity, doesn't seem very intelligent for everything if you ask me.
Master said:
FancyMancy said:
It's not that I can't remember an address but I've always written on the browser in an abbreviated way, jos forums, and the search engine has always shown other results too but JOS was and is the main result but lately there is an overload of junk results loaded by the enemy to mislead people.
Oy vey. Well, it's simple. You don't need to remember haych-tee-tee-pee-ess-colon-forward-slash-forward-slah-(double-you-double-you-double-you-)dot-ay-en-see-eye-ee-en-tee-hyphen-eff-oh-are-you-emm-ess-dot-com-forward-slash-vee-eye-ee-double-you-tee-oh-pee-eye-see-dot-pee-haych-pee-question-mark-pee-equals-sign-one-six-three-nine-five-seven. It's just ancient-forums.com.

FancyMancy said:
haych-tee-tee-pee-ess-colon-forward-slash-forward-slah-(double-you-double-you-double-you-)dot-ay-en-see-eye-ee-en-tee-hyphen-eff-oh-are-you-emm-ess-dot-com-forward-slash-vee-eye-ee-double-you-tee-oh-pee-eye-see-dot-pee-haych-pee-question-mark-pee-equals-sign-one-six-three-nine-five-seven.

You're a silly kitty, Fancy.

In any case, shortly before this thread was created, there was a somewhat lengthy spot of time that day in which the forums were just straight up unavailable. Some manner of hosting error or something, I can't recall what it said but it was a type of error that I hadn't encountered before. The timing of this thread makes me think there's a possible relation.

FancyMancy said:

On the contrary I put on a fire and burnt my air conditioner as a kid ( the air conditioner was in a room we used for storage) and kind of burnt thw whole room xD

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
FancyMancy said:
haych-tee-tee-pee-ess-colon-forward-slash-forward-slah-(double-you-double-you-double-you-)dot-ay-en-see-eye-ee-en-tee-hyphen-eff-oh-are-you-emm-ess-dot-com-forward-slash-vee-eye-ee-double-you-tee-oh-pee-eye-see-dot-pee-haych-pee-question-mark-pee-equals-sign-one-six-three-nine-five-seven.

You're a silly kitty, Fancy.
Mrow

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
In any case, shortly before this thread was created, there was a somewhat lengthy spot of time that day in which the forums were just straight up unavailable. Some manner of hosting error or something, I can't recall what it said but it was a type of error that I hadn't encountered before. The timing of this thread makes me think there's a possible relation.

Yes, it was a sql-error. I think site was attacked with sql injection or some shit. I do not know for sure, but admins must know this. :)

Henu the Great said:
Yes, it was a sql-error. I think site was attacked with sql injection or some shit. I do not know for sure, but admins must know this. :)

Yep, that's what it was. I figured they must've resolved it on their end in order to get things running again. No doubt though that it was another form of attack that'll more than likely happen again; the forums and JoS proper are the only websites in my time on the internet that experience this wide of a range of errors.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back