Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Do you inhale the CH sound in CHANDRAMASE

Shining sloth 88

I had that question pop in my mind because of an old post in the previous forum and I was wondering if you guys vibrated the CH in CHANDRAMASE while inhaling.
I have yet to learn more about sanskrit but I think some consonants have to be inhaled when spoken.
I thought I'd ask. ^-^

Stormblood said:
No, all mantras are vibrated during the exhalation and done with the brahmari pranayama (humming breath): https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Humming_Breath.html

Alright thanks for your reply & clarifying this for me. ^^

If I understand correctly this also means that when vibrating the CH, S, S' (hiss as in SATANAS) & H sounds
I should also feel the vibration in my throat?

Instead of "whispering" it making the S sound become very similar to the Z sound.

666 Shining sloth 88 said:
Stormblood said:
No, all mantras are vibrated during the exhalation and done with the brahmari pranayama (humming breath): https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Humming_Breath.html

Alright thanks for your reply & clarifying this for me. ^^

If I understand correctly this also means that when vibrating the CH, S, S' (hiss as in SATANAS) & H sounds
I should also feel the vibration in my throat?

Instead of "whispering" it making the S sound become very similar to the Z sound.

You're welcome.

For guttural sounds like G and H, the sound is produced through the throat, yes. For cerebral sounds like the S in Satanas (ṣ), it isn't. For the other two Ss, one is dental (normal S), the other is one is palatal (ś like in Śiva and Śakti).

I think this is an interesting question, while in the sat kryia you have to vibrate part of the satnam mantra while inhaling.

Pramantha said:
I think this is an interesting question, while in the sat kryia you have to vibrate part of the satnam mantra while inhaling.

Thanks for this insight!

Stormblood said:
You're welcome.

For guttural sounds like G and H, the sound is produced through the throat, yes. For cerebral sounds like the S in Satanas (ṣ), it isn't. For the other two Ss, one is dental (normal S), the other is one is palatal (ś like in Śiva and Śakti).

Thank you again for these explanations.
Pardon my sluggishness but I am still confused.

Let's say in "SVAHA" the S is dental and H is guttural but should I also feel my throat vibrating as when one speaks and does not whisper.

If I understand correctly the S in SATANAS is the only letter to not be vibrated like the humming breath?

Anyone else also uses the S (dental), CH, and H sound without vibrations in the throat ( humming )
like I have until now?

I must say I think humming the S feels better but it becomes so similar to a Z and it bothers me :?

vibrations are always produced in the throat, regardless of which type of sound it is, because vocal cords are in the throat. Furthermore, the throat rules sound and verbal expression. From the crown, consciousness goes down becomes light in the ajna chakra, then it goes down to the throat chakra becoming sound/vibration. The throat chakra is what allows verbal expression. That's why manifesting its energies physically the vocal cords formed in the throat, allowing us to speak and produce other sounds.

Stormblood said:
vibrations are always produced in the throat, regardless of which type of sound it is, because vocal cords are in the throat. Furthermore, the throat rules sound and verbal expression. From the crown, consciousness goes down becomes light in the ajna chakra, then it goes down to the throat chakra becoming sound/vibration. The throat chakra is what allows verbal expression. That's why manifesting its energies physically the vocal cords formed in the throat, allowing us to speak and produce other sounds.
Thanks for that knowledge I wasn't aware of that.

Do you personally vibrate the S as in let's say SURYAE as when speaking as in the word Snake or it's more similar to a Z (while humming)?

Stormblood said:
Thanks for that knowledge I wasn't aware of that.

Do you personally vibrate the S as in let's say SURYAE as when speaking as in the word Snake or it's more similar to a Z (while humming)?

There's should an audio file on JoS on how to vibrate it ^__^

Stormblood said:

At first I couldn't find it on the main site but I found it here. https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24576&p=108812&hilit=mp3+square#p108812

I now realize I hadn't been doing it wrong but I got confused when you mentioned the humming breath since some sounds like the dental S don't produce a ''hum''.

Of course now I get what you meant by that.

Thanks again for the meaningful replies comrade! :D

Stormblood said:

At first I couldn't find it on the main site but I found it here. https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24576&p=108812&hilit=mp3+square#p108812

I now realize I hadn't been doing it wrong but I got confused when you mentioned the humming breath since some sounds like the dental S don't produce a ''hum''.

Of course now I get what you meant by that.

Thanks again for the meaningful replies comrade! :D

I'm sorry if it wasn't too clear. I'm working on it.

Stormblood said:
I'm sorry if it wasn't too clear. I'm working on it.

My bad for getting confused over such basic stuff.

It's just 'cause after that I tried vibrating the H while humming at the same time and it didn't sound so bad so I thought maybe that's how it should be done.
I had forgot HPS Maxine had made a mp3 version of the Magickal Squares.^-^

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back