Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

resources for learning sanskrit?

Arin

Been having trouble finding any. Its pretty sad that this language is practically dying off at this point. I'm interested in learning it but again I've been having trouble finding resources. I'd appreciate it if you guys could post some here.

Arin said:
Been having trouble finding any. Its pretty sad that this language is practically dying off at this point. I'm interested in learning it but again I've been having trouble finding resources. I'd appreciate it if you guys could post some here.
Hi there are plenty.
But you would would find it very difficult to learn directly from a book. I learnt it long back and forgot most of it because people dont generally use it.
Start of with youtube videos. There are universities in Germany as I learned in my college that teach Sanskrit and about the Vedic culture about spaceships already being descripted, etc
I will try and find the links to them , but honestly it will be tough . And will take really long. ( depends on how smart you are and how much work you put in :p, maybe you will learn it quicker than me).
:)
Let me see if I can find one for english speakers.

Usthepeople666 said:
Arin said:
Hi there are plenty.
But you would would find it very difficult to learn directly from a book. I learnt it long back and forgot most of it because people dont generally use it.
Start of with youtube videos. There are universities in Germany as I learned in my college that teach Sanskrit and about the Vedic culture about spaceships already being descripted, etc
I will try and find the links to them , but honestly it will be tough . And will take really long. ( depends on how smart you are and how much work you put in :p, maybe you will learn it quicker than me).

Thank you!

And, this won't be my first time learning a language that I haven't really used. Admittedly I have forgotten it over time but it was because I stopped practicing. I looked on youtube but theres like a total of two english based videos that are decent, haha. I'll keep looking though. Thanks again. :smile:

Arin said:
Usthepeople666 said:
Arin said:
Hi there are plenty.

Okay so start with the basic alphabets , matras etc

Thank you!

And, this won't be my first time learning a language that I haven't really used. Admittedly I have forgotten it over time but it was because I stopped practicing. I looked on youtube but theres like a total of two english based videos that are decent, haha. I'll keep looking though. Thanks again. :smile:

Okay so start with the basic alphabets , matras etc I just kind of understood how most of the runes can be done easily if you know the pronunciation of sanskrit alphabets

Stormblood said:
The only thing I want to add is there are several types of Modern Sanskrit and that there's very difficult to find someone who teaches Vedic Sanskrit, which is much different from Modern Sanskrit.

Makes me wonder which one I was taught xD

Stormblood said:
The only thing I want to add is there are several types of Modern Sanskrit and that there's very difficult to find someone who teaches Vedic Sanskrit, which is much different from Modern Sanskrit.

Makes me wonder which one I was taught xD

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back