Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Pronunciation of Barbatos

Hello, all. This'll be quite simple and to the point: I am curious as to how to properly pronounce Barbatos for those familiar with him. I may be just overthinking things here but I wanna abstain from embarrassing myself with an avoidable mistake.

Many thanks, and hail Satan!

Ghost in the Machine said:
Powstanie Pogańskie said:

I believe it's BAR-BAW-TOHSS.

That's what I was leaning towards, thank you. Do you happen to know which syllable receives the emphasis? I've seen outside sources of information say both "Bar" and "Ba", and I've never been too keen to trust them on these matters in the first place.

Ghost in the Machine said:

I believe it's BAR-BAW-TOHSS.

That's what I was leaning towards, thank you. Do you happen to know which syllable receives the emphasis? I've seen outside sources of information say both "Bar" and "Ba", and I've never been too keen to trust them on these matters in the first place.

The BAW is the emphasis in my interpretation. In any event I wouldn't concern so terribly about pronouncing it properly. For the first few years I wasn't pronouncing Andras right, sometimes question if I actually am now but the way I do pronounce it nowadays feels correct.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back