Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Microsoft Files Patent for New Cryptocurrency and Mining System

FancyMancy

1DBui71.jpg

Microsoft Patents New Cryptocurrency System Using Body Activity Data
Microsoft has patented a cryptocurrency mining system that leverages human activities, including brain waves and body heat, when performing online tasks such as using search engines, chatbots, and reading ads. “A user can solve the computationally difficult problem unconsciously,” the patent reads.
https://news.bitcoin.com/microsoft-cryptocurrency-system

Microsoft Files Patent for Crypto Mining System Using Body Activity Data
Tech giant, Microsoft, is looking to develop a cryptocurrency system which enables individuals to mine cryptocurrency using their body activity data, eliminating the need for specialized mining machines.

Microsoft published a patent dubbed “Cryptocurrency system using body activity data” on March 26. Their paperwork details a method of crypto mining which exploits data associated with a user’s body activity to exercise a new form of proof-of-work. The document further details:

For example, a brain wave or body heat emitted from the user when the user performs the task provided by an information or service provider, such as viewing advertisement or using certain internet services, can be used in the mining process.

9Gmw5mF.png

Diagram of the invention. Source: Patentscope

To implement the process, a server provides a task to a user’s device, which is communicatively coupled to the server. A special sensor then indicates body activity of the individual, while a cryptocurrency system verifies whether or not the body activity data satisfies the conditions set by the cryptocurrency system. Ultimately, the system awards cryptocurrency to the user whose body activity data is verified.

Blockchain patents gain traction
Technology companies continue to experiment with cryptocurrency and blockchain in an attempt to remain a step ahead of their rivals. In the United States alone, the United States Patent and Trademark Office granted 227 blockchain-related patents from January 2014 to October 2019.
Recently, another tech behemoth, IBM, was awarded a patent for the development of a so-called “self-aware token.” The idea of the development is that the adoption of new forms of currency will create questions regarding the ability to validate, authenticate, and coordinate transactions across diverse forms of payment and trade that traditionally had little or no interaction.
Brian Amstrong, the CEO of Coinbase, patented a method that enables users to make Bitcoin (BTC) payments using email addresses tied to wallet addresses, without incurring transaction fees.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/microsoft-files-patent-for-crypto-mining-system-using-body-activity-data

Microsoft Files Patent for New Cryptocurrency and Mining System
The Rundown
  • Microsoft’s Human-Mined Cryptocurrency – Creepy or Cool?
  • Mining Crypto While Watching Ads

Microsoft wants to create a new cryptocurrency that’s still mined using PoW–except replacing expensive power-intense mining rigs with basic human energy. If that sounds a little strange, you should take a dive deep into the details of the patent published yesterday filed by Microsoft. It’s called:

Cryptocurrency system using body activity data.

Microsoft’s Human-Mined Cryptocurrency – Creepy or Cool?
According to the patent, Microsoft’s cryptocurrency would make use of body activity data. This would allow individuals to mine crypto and replace the need for ASICs.

It sounds a little other-worldly and, honestly, borderline creepy. But if you can get past the idea of wiring humans up to some kind of server tracking their energy output, it could be a sustainable way of mining crypto without damaging the environment.

So, how does it work? As per the patent, Microsoft states that ‘human body activity’ needed to mine cryptocurrency could be very simple. We’re not talking about forcing tribes of gym-goers to run 20k here. In fact, it could be as little as:

a brain wave or body heat emitted from the user when the user performs the task provided by an information or service provider, such as viewing an advertisement or using certain internet services, can be used in the mining process.

Mining Crypto While Watching Ads
The document goes on to say that this type of activity would replace the “massive computation work” currently required by some conventional cryptocurrency systems. This is because the data that is gathered from the body activity could be regarded as Proof of Work:

therefore, a user can solve the computationally difficult problem unconsciously.

The patent states that certain tasks would reduce or increase computational energy accordingly, depending on how much activity they generate. The cryptocurrency system using human body activity data would most likely work through a server giving a command to a wearable device.

Body activity data may be generated based on the sensed body activity of the user. A cryptocurrency system communicatively coupled to the device of the user may verify whether or not the body activity data satisfies one or more conditions set by the cryptocurrency system, and award cryptocurrency to the user whose body activity data is verified.

At this stage, Microsoft hasn’t yet stated whether this new cryptocurrency will be based on any blockchain in particular or whether the software giant will create its own framework. It’s also not certain whether this new cryptocurrency will actually go ahead. But, in case you were thinking about using human brain waves to replace hash power, sorry, Microsoft patented it first.

What do you make of Microsoft’s new foray into cryptocurrency? Add your thoughts below!

comments
Leroy Jenkins 3h
Pipe dream of a Shitcoin.

Nancy Eleanor 11h
this is the dumbest idea to promote ads everywhere, IOTA is already ahead in this aspect, the perfect currency of the future.

Sam Nyambe 12h
I want in!!.... long short but sounds like a great opportunity.

Aseem Girdhar 14h
I feel this is bound to happen, if not Bill Gates-some one else would do it. It takes huge investments to dare these kind of projects as Proof of Concepts, this is for mankind. I'm kind of in for this as this is now inevitable and I want to be the part of this journey.

Hope information will be used 'for' the mankind instead of 'against' it.

#InformationForMankind

Aseem Girdhar

Los Angeles,CA

SActo 17h
What is the PofW protocol? SHA-256? Or is the " computationally difficult problem" devised by a centralized authority that already knows the answer?

Javamac 18h
So Microsoft came up with a way to not only track biometrics specifically during marketing experiences, but they monetized it . . .

"It's not even certain whether this new cryptocurrency will go ahead" . . . Right . . .

Felix 24h
666 chip in your body is next

the cherry on top

New Neo 1d
This is exactly what the machines did to harvest human energy in The Matrix. Microsoft is openly developing The Matrix.

RH 1d
It sounds cool where this is going even if it ISN'T actually mentioned in this article, Reading the hints, I'm in.

Олег Абросимов 1d
It just would not work because can be simulated with bots very easy.

Binance 1d
[My note: Removed; Binance, a cryptocurrency, advertisement]

https://bitcoinist.com/microsoft-wants-to-replace-asics-with-basic-humans

As you might expect (and I hope that you would expect this from me by now!), I was going to mention the Matrix myself -
BsZzeGV.png

IrjMd57.png

aiwthtf.png

The Matrix: The Human Energy | Electric Dialogue
https://youtu.be/-KyjTGMVTkA
9sWa4ay.png

https://energynarratives.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/the-matrix-the-human-energy-2

MpF5vS3.png

I just fucking watched the Matrix a couple of weeks ago, as well!

Real Life 'The Matrix' Project Uses Body Heat to Mine for Cryptocurrency
https://www.ibtimes.com/real-life-matrix-project-uses-body-heat-mine-cryptocurrency-2629995

Human Batteries: Matrix Science Debunked
nySdWeL.jpg

It's wonderfully exciting to think about the potential for harvesting humans for their energy--an idea made famous by the movie The Matrix. But leave it to science to ruin a perfectly good movie. As it turns out, humans are one of the most inefficient power sources available, and our vital energy isn't going to be powering the world--or the evil machines--any time soon.

But we understand the fascination with this human battery concept.

The search for cleaner energy, limitless energy, and cheaper energy has reached a fever pitch, and the great minds of science are exploring all avenues of how to generate this premium energy. In their quest to discover new ways of supplying energy to the world, we stumble on some pretty far out ideas--and Hollywood has given us some of the more colorful ideas.

Some of these theoretical ideas have even inspired real-life developments, which has given rise to the sensible question, is this even possible?

In the Matrix, machines have successfully overthrown their masters, and have harnessed the energy of humans to power their world. Rows and rows of humans are seen in tanks, connected to hoses to siphon off whatever energy a human body could create. The humans, unaware of their situation, are in a dream state, living their life solely through their imagination.

Morpheus, Laurence Fishburne’s character in the movie, explains it thusly:

"The human body generates more bio electricity than a 120-volt battery and over 25000 BTUs of body heat. Combined with a form of fusion the machines had found all the energy they would ever need."

And that sounds great! The part about the battery output, not the part about the evil robots using you as a power source. The preoccupation with battery advancements is understandable.

Science continues to work on coming up with a better battery. All types of batteries today--including both ones that we use today and ones that are in development--have at least one major drawback, creating a kind of Goldilocks scenario. The material is expensive to mine. The material is expensive to recycle. The battery doesn’t work in the cold. The battery doesn’t last very long in between charges. The battery can spontaneously explode. The battery takes too long to charge. The battery is too big. The list is seemingly endless--unfortunately so for the transportation sector, which has been desperately waiting for a mass adoption of electric cars, busses, vans, semis, and planes.

It’s no wonder why the possibility of the Matrix proposition holds the interest of many, robot masters aside.

But no worries. As it turns out, those evil machines can’t take over the world using yourself against you. And here’s why some have called this particular battery idea utter nonsense.

As it turns out, humans suck at being batteries, even while we are in a evil-machine-induced coma and have nothing else to do except for imagining our way through life. Go ahead and add that to your list of things you suck at.

I guess we don’t put out nearly as much power as Morpheus suggested. Lies, all lies!

Morpheus said the net energy output of a human is 315 W of power. At 7.7 billion people on the planet, that would be a total energy output of 2,425,500,000,000 W. Or 2.4255 terawatts. But that’s just not true. Humans are lousy energy converters, and estimates are that humans can convert fuel (food) into energy at a 25% efficiency rate.

Source: https://personal.ems.psu.edu/~radovic/Chapter4.pdf

That ranks us somewhere above the fluorescent lamp and under the engine of a car. Frankly, we expected better.

Real science--as opposed to Hollywood science--suggests that all the people on the planet--combined--would generate far less, no more than 0.6 terawatts on a best-case scenario. We’re not sure whether we should be relieved that this means the motive for using us as batteries is unremarkable, or whether we should be concerned that someone has already investigated how much power humans could generate.

The problem with the conversion and why we’re not so good at it is because human bodies need energy too. We need food. Energy in, energy out. But while we consume a significant amount of food even in our resting state, only 25% of this is converted into energy, in the form of heat. And that’s assuming these machines have found a way to capture that heat and use it as energy.

Even so, work on the human battery idea is moving forward, in an attempt to get around the battery bottleneck that is holding up electronic advancements. We’d like to think these experiments will not involve evil machine overlords.

The Matrix 4 has just been announced, and science aside, we are expecting even more crazy energy ideas this go around.

By Julianne Geiger for OilPrice.com
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Human-Batteries-Matrix-Science-Debunked.html

Is the basic premise of humans as a power source in The Matrix reasonable?
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/1263/is-the-basic-premise-of-humans-as-a-power-source-in-the-matrix-reasonable

[The Matrix] does not use humans as a power source, that is just how humans understand it. Really the machines are harvesting mental energy and creativity because they cannot create their own.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/5nyh3v/the_matrix_does_not_use_humans_as_a_power_source

Debunking the myths: Science-fiction films that actually hate science
The Matrix (1999)
The Wachowskis missed the mark with the whole “humans as batteries” plot in their epic dystopian blockbuster. After all, humans don’t produce that much heat and energy and would therefore make even worse batteries than those knockoff Duracells you buy down the market.

As Ranker pointed out, “The machines should have invested in nuclear power, hydroelectric power, and wind. Who knows? With some time and ingenuity they could have created sustainable fusion, instead of wasting all their processing power on rendering Hugo Weaving’s face over and over.” Supposedly the idea was a form of esoteric bio-energy, but that concept definitely didn’t make it into the script.
https://filmdaily.co/obsessions/science-fiction-films-that-hate-science

While we may be generating a very low amount of energy, we still can create massive things with massive amounts of energy, for example power plants and any and all things which manifest works and things, so while we might produce a tiny amount, according to these things here, we still create a fuck-tonne load more. Not to mention, these articles ignore or don't know about the Soul's energy, nor do they include when you are determined and your resolve is strengthened, that you continue on in the face of adversity - all of the energy therein, either.

"With this Technology to increase our energies and abilities into eternity, we don't need your pseudospirituality, pseudoscience, and nonsense, JoS freaks! I'd rather be a Borg! 'One of us! One of us!'"

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back