Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

US is sending military troops and TANKS to Europe

CuoreNordico

Any thoughts on this? They say is an "exercise"...

US troops arrive in Germany for 'Defender Europe 20' military maneuvers
https://www.dw.com/en/us-troops-arr...ender-europe-20-military-maneuvers/a-52458535
A massive trans-Atlantic military exercise has gotten underway with over 40,000 US troops and military vehicles expected to arrive in Europe. It is the largest US troop movement across the Atlantic in 25 years.

The first contingent of US troops, tanks and equipment taking part in the "Defender Europe 20" military exercise began arriving in the northern German port of Bremerhaven Friday, kicking off the the largest deployment of US-based forces in Europe in over 25 years.

In total, over 20,000 troops and 20,000 pieces of equipment are being shipped across the Atlantic, arriving at six European seaports. They will then transfer to staging areas and on to military maneuvers with European partners, the US Army said.

A significant part of the troops and equipment are expected to be deployed to Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia.

The role of Russia

The mass movement of US troops across the Atlantic into Germany and eastern Europe is intended as a test of trans-Atlantic military cooperation and capability. It comes as NATO's Eastern European members are wary of Russia's more aggressive posture in the region.

The US army said that the Defender Europe 20 "demonstrates the US military's ability to deploy a large force to support NATO and respond to any crisis."

ERIEhWDX0AAHl-W

Claudia Major, an expert in security and defense policy at the German Institute for Security and International Affairs (SWP), told DW that Russia's Crimea annexation was a "wake up call" for Europe.

"The security order that Europe believed it had with Russia no longer worked. Russia was no longer a strategic partner. Europeans have to deal with the question again: 'how do we defend ourselves in Europe?'"

However, Lt. Gen. Martin Schelleis, German commander of the joint support service, said that Defender Europe 20 was not intended to be a sign of aggression towards Russia.

"Russia is not a reason for the exercise, military capabilities can only be rebuilt and maintained in the long term," he said.

Tanks on German roads?

Germany's central location means that the vast majority of the equipment heading east will be transferred along German roads and rail.

Both the German and US military have said they will try and avoid interrupting daily life, and transports are expected to take place during the night.

"If everything goes well, nobody will notice anything," said Schelleis. "From an operational perspective, we are primarily interested in whether our processes are capable of withstanding loads of this magnitude.

The long-term aim is to use the experience to strengthen NATO

"The exercise is essentially about the transit and transportation of troops," said Major, adding that NATO's eastern European partners in Poland and the Baltic states need to test their infrastructure and capacities.

Those troops and tanks should be going to the borders there. Ww3? I don’t think so. Russia will be unable to defeat NATO and USA. I thought a bunch of Troops in Europe were in quarantine because of the virus?

They do these kinds of practices and games very often, like every couple years they do something like this. Maybe even every year. All the NATO countries do this, they usually work together on practicing these large scale moves. Russia does it to. This is not anything strange or uncommon.

SouthernWhiteGentile said:
Those troops and tanks should be going to the borders there. Ww3? I don’t think so. Russia will be unable to defeat NATO and USA. I thought a bunch of Troops in Europe were in quarantine because of the virus?

The thing is since about the 1950s or so *IF* war breaks out. Like some US Generals have stated Air superiority would last less then a week against Russia. 3-5 days tops.

I have no idea how advanced Russia is in terms of aircraft due to the fact that much of that stuff is hidden. But from what I know they posses a Zerg of an Airforce. In fact I think pretty much till the collapse of the soviets in 1990/91. Nato and US held it's breath on whether or not a successful fight can occur. Like for example the A-10 Thunderbolt/Warthog(technically built out of the schematics of a German WW2 ground attack plane almost copy paste) was built for soviet tank offensive. In fact the recent shuttering of A-10 upset many people as the plane delivers a lot of non-anti-tank support. Forward Obs in Afghanistan and Iraq shows the A-10 can act sorta like an AC-130 Hercules.

I think ground wise European nations have fortified themselves like Ukraine, Belarus, or Baltic states(Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania). But even still Russia is not to be underestimated.

It's just like the situation with Iran. Iran is no pushover and we'd probably end up in a 10 year war possibly nuclear as well. Like Mageson posted on the forums Operation Jade Helm cancelled, considered a suicide mission. Naval battle Nato/US/Allies vs Iran, decisive defeat for the allied fleet against Iran's superior fleet.

So all in all these exercises should be better used preventing rapefugees rather than Russia. Russia isn't the problem even the jews know messing with the west is suicide for their neo-soviet rise up. But really the enemy is the rapefugees hurting the nations of Europe not Russia. Like HP.Cobra said Slavic people are not inundated with kalergi's children because they WILL fight back.

I hope this helps understand the situation more.

will be transferred along German roads and rail.

can confirm, I've seen helicopters the whole day (at least 2-3 pass near my city every hour), my trains to work have also been delayed for up to 30 minutes.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back