Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Surfing safely on the Internet

Sunny

Until now I was just using my cell phone, now I bought my own laptop. I need help. The laptop has Windows 10 installed. Is it safe? Just turn off automatic updates? What about vpn and/or proxy and which browser to use? For those who have experience in surfing safely with computers, what do you advise me to do?

If you want to use Windows 10 then you need to Google online for Windows 10 privacy tools. There are a few online you can use. Do not pay for any. Use only free ones.

This should be enough granted you do regular personal use on the computer here.

Personally I think Windows 10 and some reasonable human respecting privacy is very difficult to achieve. There have been replies on alternatives in the forums so make your search.

Download also the Tor browser if you want anonymous surfing. Easy and foolproof for safe surfing on the internet. VPN is easily circumvented by many ways, and it can only do that much.

For a regular browser you can use Firefox should be sufficient for normal daily browsing needs.

There is a browser called Brave on Android that prevents adds. Any thoughts?

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
If you want to use Windows 10 then you need to Google online for Windows 10 privacy tools. There are a few online you can use. Do not pay for any. Use only free ones.

This should be enough granted you do regular personal use on the computer here.

Personally I think Windows 10 and some reasonable human respecting privacy is very difficult to achieve. There have been replies on alternatives in the forums so make your search.

Download also the Tor browser if you want anonymous surfing. Easy and foolproof for safe surfing on the internet. VPN is easily circumvented by many ways, and it can only do that much.

For a regular browser you can use Firefox should be sufficient for normal daily browsing needs.
Thank you very much, Commander.

There is a tool that can be downloaded, made by German computer scientists, which can edit the code of windows 10. It gives options to turn off many features and settings that are usually hidden and unable to be changed. You can turn off all the spying and trackers, automatic updates, delete the nonsense programs that come already installed. There are probably about 200 different settings that you can turn off with this program, all different kinds of spys and trackers.

I don't want to say exactly what it is because I don't want it to be shut down or changed. Some program for windows 10 security. Once you download it 1 time, you can copy the files for it with a USB and move it to any other windows 10 computer and use it, so you don't need to download it again.

Master said:
The laptop has Windows 10 installed. Is it safe?
No, in any way and not for any reason. Take a look here: Link to GNU.org
Get Linux and full disk encryption, it's free, secure and now easy enough to use.

TopoftheAbyss said:
There is a browser called Brave on Android that prevents adds. Any thoughts?
Being it opensource and free I would use it (it is available on multiple platforms). It is based on Chromium - where Google Chrome derives from - which is also open source. All good on paper, except it is developed by a society and not by volunteers, I have been not able to totally understand how they make profit out of their product. They have something to do with cryptocurrencies, you might want to do some online research

Pirate11 said:
Master said:
The laptop has Windows 10 installed. Is it safe?
No, in any way and not for any reason. Take a look here: Link to GNU.org
Get Linux and full disk encryption, it's free, secure and now easy enough to use.
Thanks for the link, it is really worrying the situation with Windows.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
There is a tool that can be downloaded, made by German computer scientists, which can edit the code of windows 10. It gives options to turn off many features and settings that are usually hidden and unable to be changed. You can turn off all the spying and trackers, automatic updates, delete the nonsense programs that come already installed. There are probably about 200 different settings that you can turn off with this program, all different kinds of spys and trackers.

I don't want to say exactly what it is because I don't want it to be shut down or changed. Some program for windows 10 security. Once you download it 1 time, you can copy the files for it with a USB and move it to any other windows 10 computer and use it, so you don't need to download it again.
I understand, you don't have to put this good work in jeopardy. For those who are interested in this you can help them in private through secure email. We are in public and we must be careful, the enemy must not take and exploit any important details from us. I have another question about computers, what do you think about antivirus?

Master said:
what do you think about antivirus?
Let me share with you my opinion about antivirus software: No antivirus software is needed when the operating system is designed correctly. What I mean is that no real antivirus software exists for Linux and the BSDs, as they are secure on their own. On the other hand, windows system's design is very poor in an intentional way, as Microsoft needs to make profit from that. Windows always breaks on its own or due to malware, they have always had NSA backdoors, so when you have problems, you either pay for their assistance or you pay a local computer assistance shop to fix your computer.
Now Linux is getting more and more users that come from windows, so software houses are pushing their "antivirus" for linux as well, not because there are viruses, but because these users are used to have an antivirus installed on their computers.
On windows, when you need a program, you search for it on google, visit some websites, then download and execute the .exe file. That's mostly how people get viruses, and that's the procedure you do for every single program you want to install on your computer.
On Linux you have repositories where all the software is available, you download from these repos directly without googling around. You do this either using the software center program or by using the terminal. Programs in these repos are verified and managed by volunteers, so the risk of getting malware is near zero. The only real way you can get malware on linux is to download software binaries from untrusted source - such as googling for it online and then download stuff, not using the repository system. Anyway even if you do that, the malware only have your user's permission, does not fuck up the whole system as it has no administrator (root) power, as opposite of windows.

Android is a mess. Not even going to write about it lol, it is as bad as windows. It does not mean anything that it has Linux kernel in it.

Master said:
You're welcome, by the way

Pirate11 said:
Master said:
what do you think about antivirus?
Let me share with you my opinion about antivirus software: No antivirus software is needed when the operating system is designed correctly. What I mean is that no real antivirus software exists for Linux and the BSDs, as they are secure on their own. On the other hand, windows system's design is very poor in an intentional way, as Microsoft needs to make profit from that. Windows always breaks on its own or due to malware, they have always had NSA backdoors, so when you have problems, you either pay for their assistance or you pay a local computer assistance shop to fix your computer.
Now Linux is getting more and more users that come from windows, so software houses are pushing their "antivirus" for linux as well, not because there are viruses, but because these users are used to have an antivirus installed on their computers.
On windows, when you need a program, you search for it on google, visit some websites, then download and execute the .exe file. That's mostly how people get viruses, and that's the procedure you do for every single program you want to install on your computer.
On Linux you have repositories where all the software is available, you download from these repos directly without googling around. You do this either using the software center program or by using the terminal. Programs in these repos are verified and managed by volunteers, so the risk of getting malware is near zero. The only real way you can get malware on linux is to download software binaries from untrusted source - such as googling for it online and then download stuff, not using the repository system. Anyway even if you do that, the malware only have your user's permission, does not fuck up the whole system as it has no administrator (root) power, as opposite of windows.

Android is a mess. Not even going to write about it lol, it is as bad as windows. It does not mean anything that it has Linux kernel in it.

Master said:
You're welcome, by the way
I agree with you. Antivirus is one of the many ways to make money. Almost all if not all antivirus, to offer more security and more services require subscription, offer very little and almost useless for free. They also take up RAM unnecessarily. Ideally, the operating system should provide security and much more, but Jews abuse and exploit society and people beyond all limits just as viruses exploit the cells they infect, exploiting them to the maximum and finally discarding them.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back