Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Deleted Photos from Mobile Phone

Cyn666

I've already seen the article about the Samsung Find My Phone '1' happening that occured the other day. They claimed it was in error.

What is curious to me is that after such happening, two photos somehow mysteriously disappeared from my phone. One was the Final RTR, the other was a screenshot of the money working I am currently doing.

Have any of you also experienced this?
And, what can I do to protect my mobile security? (As this is my only means of being online at the moment.)

Uninstalling and removing all Samsung services can be positive. If they back up your data, then unfortunately they have control over them, and yes, they can even liberally delete all your data.

You need to remove "Samsung Account" and all Samsung related apps from your phone. This should make this harder. Also, Google Drive can also be removed same as all Google apps.

You can manually backup your Data with Smart Switch on some external SD card [I think this is how it's named in Samsung phones] and remove Storage permissions from apps that you don't want to have storage permissions. This should prevent data leakage.

The above is quite superficial but should work for normal file loss. Also, if you have an SD card, keep duplicates in the SD card, and then take it off the phone. The SD card itself can be encrypted in the native Android OS settings [Encrypt SD card] and will only work with the specific phone if you want to do that.

Cyn666 said:
And, what can I do to protect my mobile security?
No such thing exists regarding Android devices.
If you seek for securely keep SS and personal information, get a computer and install Linux on it, with Full Disk Encryption and a decent decryption password.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
The SD card itself can be encrypted in the native Android OS settings [Encrypt SD card] and will only work with the specific phone if you want to do that.
Do not trust Android encryption too much, as it is only safe when the phone is turned OFF. Any application can be a backdoor allowing whoever knows it to remotely unlock your device or resetting your encryption key. You will never really know what your phone is doing, as it is closed source code you can not check. "Law enforcement agencies" have easy access to poeple's android phone data. Strictly speaking of smartphones, actually Apple iPhones are surely better in that case, as Apple does not unlock people's phones when requested from "agencies". Apple though complies when asked for iCloud data though. So it's both local + cloud on Android phones and cloud only for Apple.

The best (and really only serious) solution for that is Linux computers with Full Disk Encryption and/or external encrypted devices (any USB stick will do) with LUKS.

You could buy yourself a cheaper phone which you do not use online. Instead, you could (if you think and feel it is safe) download things on your Internet-connected phone, then via bluetooth/SD card (make sure you don't lock the SD card on the first phone, because then you might not be able to copy the files to the second phone) or phone1-to-computer-to-phone2 transfer the things to the non-Internet-connected phone.

FancyMancy said:
You could buy yourself a cheaper phone which you do not use online. Instead, you could (if you think and feel it is safe) download things on your Internet-connected phone, then via bluetooth/SD card (make sure you don't lock the SD card on the first phone, because then you might not be able to copy the files to the second phone) or phone1-to-computer-to-phone2 transfer the things to the non-Internet-connected phone.

This idea did come to mind. My old phone would probably work for that. I also have an old desktop (not internet connected atm) I could transfer my personal files to and use that, as well.

I will look into the other suggestions in this thread as well. Thank you ^^

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back