Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is there such a thing as a wrong number of days for a magical working?

Seby

Or everything that is done for at least 40 days is okay?

40 days is permanence. That’s the purpose of that. Other numbers have different purposes. As well, if you’re doing a working and it manifests before you’re prescribed number of set days, it isn’t necessary to continue obviously. You’ve achieved you’re goal.

So choose your numbers with a purpose in mind.

There is no such thing as a "wrong" number of days to perform a magical working. School has trained people to think there is a "right" and "wrong" answer for everything. Magick isn't a multiple choice test with one "right" answer and everything that isn't "right" is "wrong." You can perform a magickal working for as many days as you like. 40 days is generally recommended because 40 days will engrave the energies into your soul and make them permanent.

Make sure you don't start a magickal working during a void moon. Anything started during a void moon doesn't work out. This includes spells.

Void of Course Moon Dates
https://www.moontracks.com/void_of_course_moon_dates.html

I'm doing more than 40 because I want it to be more powerful and I never know the exact number of vibrations I'm doing. I intend to do 50, should I continue until 80?

TopoftheAbyss said:
Or everything that is done for at least 40 days is okay?
For small goals and for buffer-workings (workings you do inbetween your main ones so as to avoid an energy drop), it can be less than 40 days as well. As has already been said, 40 days are what give permanence, so for bigger goals you would want to atleast do 40 (or more).

TopoftheAbyss said:
I'm doing more than 40 because I want it to be more powerful and I never know the exact number of vibrations I'm doing. I intend to do 50, should I continue until 80?
You can do 80 or 90 if you want to add power.
Other numbers would depend on what the nature of the working is, such as 50 for harmony/venus, 60 for Saturn/hard work/stability, 70 for curing illness (theorizing here), 80 for more raw power, 90 for permanent endings, 100 for simple completion (and maybe added material emphasis).

TopoftheAbyss said:
80 or 90

Is it strictly 40 or at least 40? For instance, doing 41, 42, or 43 would have the same permanent effect?
HAIL SATAN

TopoftheAbyss said:
The most powerful as far as I know is 90 days.

Is there much difference between 80 and 82 days of working?

Taurus666 said:
Is it strictly 40 or at least 40? For instance, doing 41, 42, or 43 would have the same permanent effect?
HAIL SATAN
At least 40.

TopoftheAbyss said:
Is there much difference between 80 and 82 days of working?

No.

You don't need to worry about every minor detail of a magickal working. Magick is very simple. You raise energy. You direct the energy to do something. That's it.

Your mind is extremely powerful and is working 24/7 to manifest what you think and feel into reality. Constant worry about minor details of a magickal working is a fast way to implode the energy you raised. Absolute confidence in yourself and your magick is the way to go.

TopoftheAbyss said:
I never know the exact number of vibrations I'm doing.

There are endless ways of keeping count. A method that works well for one person may not work so well for another and vice versa. Find a way that works for you. You can get a calulator, type in 1+1, and hit the enter key every time you do a vibration. You can get sticks, write numbers on them, and put down/ pick up/ move a stick into a different pile every time you do a vibration. You can open a blank document on your computer/phone and type numbers in as you do vibrations.

Here is a method of counting originally from user Fire2u (SuryaPuttran) from the old forum:

“To help you to keep-up with the count, find a way, practice it and familiarize yourself with it.

I use my fingers and finger-pads. There are 3 pads on each finger.
I use my thumb to press the 1st pad of my little finger for one count, 2nd pad of little finger for 2 counts, 3rd pad of my little finger for 3 counts.
Then i'll switch my thumb to press my ring finger's 1st pad for the 4th count and so on.

-I find using fingers to be very easy esp to count 108.
-I-'m right-handed so I'll press my thumb on each 3 pads of my right hand fingers which will amount to 12 counts (beginning with little finger then ring, middle and index),
-I'll press the pads of my LEFT hand's little finger to denote 1 set of 12 counts being done on my right.
So pressing 9 pads with my left thumb(begin with little finger, then ring then middle) on left hand X 12 counts on right hand = 108.”

TopoftheAbyss said:
Is it bad if I do it twice in a day by mistake?

No.

You should invert the attitude of "Is is bad if ______?" Focus on the positive side and don't worry about it. You did the vibrations twice in a day? Extra energy and more power! You did more (or less) vibrations than intended? You still rased a bunch of energy!

Overcoming Obstacles
https://www.joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Overcoming_Obstacles.html

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back