Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Physical Activity (In home)

Eric13

A thousand calories a day is going to require a lot of work. Multiple hours possibly.

Okay so we know burpees burn more calories than like running for example, but you’ll burn out fast on those. Won’t be able to get that 1000.

Rebounders are easy on the joints and can burn calories. But it’s typically less than running and it’s going to take a long time.

Possibly running is one of your best bets, but you’ll have to realize it’s going to take time to build the stamina and conditioning to run for the time needed for a thousand calories, but this applies to any exercise you wish to do to burn this much. Running is free and for free it’s one of the best things for calorie burn.

Even in the cold, I’ll typically get out and run a 5k at least, a few times a week. The running keeps you warm. Doesn’t cost anything. The only thing is over time, the joints can suffer. Yoga can help with that.

There are plenty, if you look into calisthenics and gymnastics, the latter being the best strength training system anyway. There are plenty of exercises and methods one can use. You can do high-intensity interval training with weight-free exercises as well. Look to tabata, emom and other such methods that rely on time, rather than repetitions.

Do you have a little amount of equipment, such pull-up bars, parallel bars, sturdy boxes, yoga blocks? You can even use bottle waters, as they're light enough not to damage joints. Or are you completely equipment-free?

Planet of Liberty said:
Which I'm the physical exercises homemade to burn more calories? For example: if I wanted to burn 1000 calories.
There's a way to burn many calories in one day? I had read somewhere in our forum, that there was a discussion in which we spoke, that you could burn more than a thousand calories a day. I don't remember where I had it bed. Home training only for the moment since thatthe gymI can not attends for lack of money.

Thanks for your help!! :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine_italian

https://docdro.id/G8QyAGx -- simple 7 Page PDF titled Guerilla Cardio. It's not a commercial product, just an explanation on why and how a basic jog, sprint, jog routine is one of the most effective routines for burning fat. (Just 12m in total. Run outside or do treadmill, doesn't matter.)

Excerpt:
High intensity cardio -- Quote: For years, we’ve been told that low-effort aerobics is the best method for burning fat. New research tells another story. While studies show high-intensity aerobics may burn a little less fat than its low-intensity counterpart during the time actually spent exercising, the total expenditure of calories (and fat!) is up to 50 percent greater with intense cardio. You see, most of the fat you burn with high-intensity cardio occurs after exercising, not during the workout itself. Research presented in the journal Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise shows that when you work out using high-intensity intervals, the total amount of calories your body burns is elevated up to 142 percent MORE than low-effort aerobics within the hour after your workout. Research published in the journal Metabolism shows this potent post-exercise "burn" may persist for up to 48 hours after exercising.

Routine:
Minutes 1-4:
Warm-up @ 50% of perceived maximum effort followed by:
Minute 5:
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Minute 6:
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Minute 7:
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Minute 8:
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Sprinting for 20 seconds
Rest for 10 seconds
Minutes 9-12:
Cool-down @ 50% of perceived maximum effort

When I have my own house, I will buy dumbbells and I will buy and mount parallel bars and especially calisthenics, I really like this tool.

Planet of Liberty said:
Aquarius said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine_italian
Thanks so much!!
I was looking for just that. :D

Too Long; Didn't Read: You can just read the last paragraph, as the rest contains specific info about real fitness and the fitness industry population.

To be honest, I found more value in "Gymnastic Bodies" training system, rather than this random system. The reason is Gymnastic Bodies' trainers have a more reasonable and steady development process, which also associates a mobility exercise to every strength exercise and that is really important. It's also one of the few high-quality programs online that also helps you fix any structural imbalance and weak point you might have. Many people, understandably do not have a good opinion of it and I will explain why:

1. Most people have a rushing mentality. In other worlds, they pursue instant gratification. So they want results and they want them now, rather than building them over time according to natural law like nature does.
2. Most people come from the modern joodeo-xtard mentality. In other words, from bible of fitness, which is weight-lifting (ego-lifting) and body-building (ego-building). This brings them either of these thought patterns: a) to idolise weight-based routines, without really knowing in-depth, and thinking that if you don't incorporate any of those elements you're doing nothing to improve yourself; b) to expect immense hypertrophic gains, which aren't the main goals of real physical disciplines, which instead aim to develop your physical skills, not make you big (and full of water); c) to think that relying on light weights, which don't harm the joints unlike heavy weights, for some mobility drills and strength exercises won't achieve any result; d) to think that you need to overtrain (destroy yourself physically) in order to train properly and maximise gains.
3. Most people neglect mobility, which is the key to fully utilising strength, and they find it useless, sissy or just secondary/irrelevant.

In other words, a wrong mindset sets them up for failure. Another thing to note is that not everyone is supposed to train for the same goal and thus with the same methods/emphasis. Physical training should be based on occupational needs and personal interests.

Of course, speaking strictly in terms of calories, which is your purported goal, neither GB nor this recommended routine will help you to burn a lot of calories. In order to achieve that purpose you asked for, Laconic Lion's running routine is better. Of course, you could combine strength training with speed training to compound your calorie loss.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back