Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is being a top or bottom genetic?

It's not genetic, it's about preferences. I think every gay may like both (as if done well anal sex is good, even straight if they are open minded can like playing with their anus, it's a normal thing) the problem boils down if the anal sex is not done well, if you are scared or just you prefer to top only.

Everyone has their preferences, it's that simple.

My understanding is we usually look for what we are missing in us.

I believe sex also plays a role in balancing the soul until we become perfectly balanced ourselfs(magnum opus)

Since genes are physical expression of our soul I could see this "technically" being a genetic preference however I think a spiritual preference might be more fitting.

Aslo keep in mind sexuality is fluid and your preference might change according to your partner or planetary placements.

I have seen very feminine guys who are tops and very masculine looks guys who really enjoy bottoming. My point with this is looks can be deceitful lol

MoonlessNight666 said:

I believe sex also plays a role in balancing the soul until we become perfectly balanced ourselfs(magnum opus)

Since genes are physical expression of our soul I could see this "technically" being a genetic preference however I think a spiritual preference might be more fitting.

Aslo keep in mind sexuality is fluid and your preference might change according to your partner or planetary placements.

I have seen very feminine guys who are tops and very masculine looks guys who really enjoy bottoming. My point with this is looks can be deceitful lol
Sexuality is not fluid, there are just many people's confused and with hung-ups.
That the look is deceitful is true.

luis said:
MoonlessNight666 said:

Sexuality is not fluid, there are just many people's confused and with hung-ups.

I know the word ''fluid'' is mostly used by the extreme leftists in order to push an agenda so I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully however I still don't know what would be more appropriate than the word fluid?

Im %100 open to suggestions

Maybe, preferences arent set in stone would have been more appropriate, but even as I am writing this I also see how that could be wrong too

My point with this post was, I personally go through periods where I crave a more masculine partner however after having sex with one for a long time I catch myself fantasizing about having a more feminine partner. I don't consider myself a %100 top or %100 bottom as I personally feel like that is the hangup ( this isnt a backhanded jab at you btw)

I have had sex with tops who didn't even want you to touch their butt lol and sadly seen some bottoms who enjoy locking thier dicks up as this seems to be the new disgusting trend in the marxist LGBTQ 45678 + crew lol. (the end goal is the make your penis smaller)

My point with ''fluidity'' was, even thou we may prefer a certain role, these can change according to the chemistry between partners

MoonlessNight666 said:
luis said:
MoonlessNight666 said:

I know the word ''fluid'' is mostly used by the extreme leftists in order to push an agenda so I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully however I still don't know what would be more appropriate than the word fluid?

Maybe, preferences arent set in stone would have been more appropriate, but even as I am writing this I also see how that could be wrong too

My point with this post was, I personally go through periods where I crave a more masculine partner however after having sex with one for a long time I catch myself fantasizing about having a more feminine partner. I don't consider myself a %100 top or %100 bottom as I personally feel like that is the hangup ( this isnt a backhanded jab at you btw)

I have had sex with tops who didn't even want you to touch their butt lol and sadly seen some bottoms who enjoy locking thier dicks up as this seems to be the new disgusting trend in the marxist LGBTQ 45678 + crew lol. (the end goal is the make your penis smaller)

My point with ''fluidity'' was, even thou we may prefer a certain role, these can change according to the chemistry between partners
Ok, I get what you are saying now and it makes sense, in a way it happens to me too. I would not search a word for it, we do not need to label everything. I did not know about this new trend and definitely I'm staying away from these weirdos...lol

luis said:
It's not genetic, it's about preferences. I think every gay may like both (as if done well anal sex is good, even straight if they are open minded can like playing with their anus, it's a normal thing) the problem boils down if the anal sex is not done well, if you are scared or just you prefer to top only.

so do preferences ever change or not?

luis said:
MoonlessNight666 said:
luis said:

Ok, I get what you are saying now and it makes sense, in a way it happens to me too. I would not search a word for it, we do not need to label everything. I did not know about this new trend and definitely I'm staying away from these weirdos...lol

I believe part of the reason why the term fluid has been floated here and there in the forums is to offer a contrast to the Jewish definition of the term, which is the one many newbies come to JoS familiar with. This idea that the entirety of one's sexuality is open to change and, therefore, not wanting to engage in harmful fetishes is really just a sexual hangup. That dick lockup thing very much is a trend, though I had no idea it was to make the dick smaller; what a horrible fucking idea.

Only other point I have on the subject is, MoonlessNight's bit about planetary influences on sexuality is definitely true. I experienced this myself when transiting Pluto made an aspect to my natal Mars. I became much more aggressive in that domain of my life, and went from being a vers who could like someone regardless of their preference, to a vers who is largely only attracted to other vers folk. It's the closest to a radical change in sexuality that I've experienced, but at the core I'm still attracted to the same things and body type and what-have-you. I just can't do exclusive tops nor exclusive bottoms is all. And that'll quite possibly change again as time goes on and I meet people.

Yes, as everything about your soul is encoded in your DNA, since the DNA is a physical expression of your soul.

But it's never either or. Things always go in percentages, as we have two polarities in the soul.

Getting deep self-knowledge to defeat outside conditioning is one of the parts of being a Satanist.

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
This idea that the entirety of one's sexuality is open to change and, therefore, not wanting to engage in harmful fetishes is really just a sexual hangup.

There are two types of hangups/blockages:

• those coming from deficiencies, which sexually would mean suppression and abstinence;
• and those coming from excesses, which sexually would mean exactly doing something that is harmful or excessive.

Crystallized Mushroom said:
luis said:

so do preferences ever change or not?
I think they can change but you'll reach a point in your life that you'll know what you like, for sure i think that if you are a vers then it's nornal that there are periods wher you like something more than the other.

I don't know about gay men specifically, but I think complexes and external circumstances have a large influence on how sexuality is expressed, often without people realising it.

Unless you're able to completely understand the very depths of your Soul that naturally influence your preferences, you'll constantly be distracted by all those external factors and complexes. As you overcome your old complexes, negative experiences may give you new ones, and your circumstances will constantly change. As a result, your sexual preferences may change over time, sometimes even drastically.

Such changes happen more often in some people than in others, though. A lot of people just continue to be affected by the same complex for their entire lifetime (or sometimes even longer) and as a result their outward preferences stay the same, but deep down they're not as fulfilled as they could be in different circumstances; and some people just aren't really exposed to situations that would cause them to develop noticeable complexes anyway.

If you have some kind of sexual hangup right now (I think most people do), then it's possible that your preferences will change if you're able to overcome it.
My own preferences changed a lot as I meditated about sexual topics and remembered my past lives, as I was able to overcome a lot of things holding me back, and understand better what kind of person I am deep down; but even now, there's some things that I don't really understand. I'll probably figure it out as I meditate even more, though.

Stormblood said:
Yes, as everything about your soul is encoded in your DNA, since the DNA is a physical expression of your soul.

But it's never either or. Things always go in percentages, as we have two polarities in the soul.

Getting deep self-knowledge to defeat outside conditioning is one of the parts of being a Satanist.
so does that mean gay men like both and not exclusives either or?

Stormblood said:

noone other then yourself can answer this question. meditate meditate meditate

Stormblood said:

I'm just saying that a 100% preference toward bottoming/submissivenes or topping/dominance is quite rare. For example, some people may enjoy both sides in anal but only one side in oral. Same people may dislike either oral or anal completely. It depends on the peculiar balance of masculine and feminine energies in your soul and on other factors like placements related Venus, Mars and Pluto as well as aspects and so on.

Then transits may bring experiences to you of any kind (sexual, mental, emotional, related to whatever area) that act as a positive or negative reinforcement building karma related to the experience. And of course there may be confusion, clouding, suppression or overexpression that come from current karma, past-life karma, family karma, external conditioning etc. like Chattingwiththegods explained in a way. It's not a simple thing at all.

One should of course work, like in every area when you're a SS, to break up any karma and blockage/hangup/trauma related to negative experience and external condition, to restore the original soul purity and thus being able to act in accordance to their true nature.

Stormblood said:

If you want to know about gay men, ask gay men.

Stormblood said:
Stormblood said:

I'm just saying that a 100% preference toward bottoming/submissivenes or topping/dominance is quite rare. For example, some people may enjoy both sides in anal but only one side in oral. Same people may dislike either oral or anal completely. It depends on the peculiar balance of masculine and feminine energies in your soul and on other factors like placements related Venus, Mars and Pluto as well as aspects and so on.

Then transits may bring experiences to you of any kind (sexual, mental, emotional, related to whatever area) that act as a positive or negative reinforcement building karma related to the experience. And of course there may be confusion, clouding, suppression or overexpression that come from current karma, past-life karma, family karma, external conditioning etc. like Chattingwiththegods explained in a way. It's not a simple thing at all.

One should of course work, like in every area when you're a SS, to break up any karma and blockage/hangup/trauma related to negative experience and external condition, to restore the original soul purity and thus being able to act in accordance to their true nature.
well I do have venus in sagittarus, mars in cancer, and pluto in scorpio but i'm not sure what that means about me maybe you do. however when I dream i'm essentially mostly a top who enjoys fucking guys in the butt but in real life i'm not so sure its really making me go crazy also is it possible to change bottom/top like with transits as you said or is this permanent and can never be altered?

Stormblood said:

well I do have venus in sagittarus, mars in cancer, and pluto in scorpio but i'm not sure what that means about me maybe you do. however when I dream i'm essentially mostly a top who enjoys fucking guys in the butt but in real life i'm not so sure its really making me go crazy also is it possible to change bottom/top like with transits as you said or is this permanent and can never be altered?

I'm Mars in Cancer with Pluto in my 8th House - which has Scorpio on the cusp, placing my Pluto in an even more comfortable position. That said, I don't believe these things are the final determining factor in whether you're a top or bottom.

It sounds to me like you're striving for a clear, succinct way to describe your sexual preference and you haven't yet nailed down whether you like giving or receiving more. From what you've said so far, I'd wager you could easily just say you're vers and that your desire to be on top or bottom depends on your mood. Over time you'll probably start to see a pattern like "Yeah I discovered I typically like to top rather than bottom" but it can still vary based on your mood as well as the dude you're with.

Regarding transits, it's more accurate to say the transits affect your mood and state of mind when it comes to sexual interests, and this can manifest in you leaning more heavily towards topping or bottoming. My own example is that Pluto-Mars transit making me significantly more assertive and feeling less inclined to just take it.

As a vers, your preference for these positions can definitely change over time in accordance with your mood, experiences, and whatever your planets are getting up to up there. But I'd refrain from using lingo like "permanent and can never be altered" because it makes it sound like you take issue with your current preferences, as if they're bad. Unless we're talking about some illegal and/or harmful shit, there's really no need to view your current preferences in a light of needs-to-be-worked-on. Regardless, they certainly can evolve over time, even for "exclusive" tops or bottoms.

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
Stormblood said:

I'm Mars in Cancer with Pluto in my 8th House - which has Scorpio on the cusp, placing my Pluto in an even more comfortable position. That said, I don't believe these things are the final determining factor in whether you're a top or bottom.

It sounds to me like you're striving for a clear, succinct way to describe your sexual preference and you haven't yet nailed down whether you like giving or receiving more. From what you've said so far, I'd wager you could easily just say you're vers and that your desire to be on top or bottom depends on your mood. Over time you'll probably start to see a pattern like "Yeah I discovered I typically like to top rather than bottom" but it can still vary based on your mood as well as the dude you're with.

Regarding transits, it's more accurate to say the transits affect your mood and state of mind when it comes to sexual interests, and this can manifest in you leaning more heavily towards topping or bottoming. My own example is that Pluto-Mars transit making me significantly more assertive and feeling less inclined to just take it.

As a vers, your preference for these positions can definitely change over time in accordance with your mood, experiences, and whatever your planets are getting up to up there. But I'd refrain from using lingo like "permanent and can never be altered" because it makes it sound like you take issue with your current preferences, as if they're bad. Unless we're talking about some illegal and/or harmful shit, there's really no need to view your current preferences in a light of needs-to-be-worked-on. Regardless, they certainly can evolve over time, even for "exclusive" tops or bottoms.
oh I don't take issues with my current preference toward top I actually like that though your proabably right im likely a versatile though it just confuses me sometimes though I seem to like taking control from what I can gather from my dreams and imaginations though i'm just not entirely sure I just know from my dreams I like initiating sex and so forth.

well I do have --- but i'm not sure what that means about me maybe you do. however when I dream i'm essentially mostly a top who enjoys fucking guys in the butt but in real life i'm not so sure its really making me go crazy also is it possible to change bottom/top like with transits as you said or is this permanent and can never be altered?

Please don't share placements on here. It isn't safe. I say it for your own good. As far for interpretation of the placement you shared, the interpretation is on JoS. Take this into consideration:

• Venus rules love
• Mars rules sex
• The Sun and the Moon are relevant in regards to relationship. Male relationships and female relationships respectively.

You also have to consider the aspects between these planets and other planets.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back