Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How to cultivate jing?

Orpheus

I was looking into Taoism and its three treasures Qi, Shen and Jing.
Now Qi is the bioelectricity. Shen I don't know, maybe it relates to ether? Anyway it sounds like a byproduct of good spiritual, mental and physical health.
About Jing I read that it gets depleted in time, and it's harder to restore it. Basically it's the essence that protects the body from ageing.
My questions are:
-Are there any qi gong/tai chi exercises specifically for this?
-Which planet and runes could one use to increase it/take care of it?
Online I read that "Jing is our material body, cellular density, energy stores, our reproductive potential, our DNA and our seed." It sounds like Uruz. Maybe Ing to store it?
-Are there any herbs recommended? (Well since it's chinese medicine).

Jing is pretty much equivalent to the lifeforce. In order to cultivate it, you do qigong, yoga and serpent breathing and exercises.

An increased lifeforce from these practices gives the same result as cultivated and increases jing.

On a physical note, keeping the kidneys healthy preserves jing. Kidney Qigong and chinese herbs for the kidneys such as Rehmannia, gojiberry and eleuthero and Foti work on the physical to help with that. But nothing compares to elevated meditation, and kundalini serpent stimulation to tap into your life force and vasts amounts of jing like energy.

Hey guys :p I think my question was too generic since with further research I now understand how complex the whole system is.
I'm confused by the fact that every major organ is associated with different energies. For example: the kidneys have their own yin and yang (and their own qi aswell), and store jing aswell.
Is jing closer to yin in nature or is it where both the kidneys' yang and yin come from?
To my understanding, the yin acts like a base for the yang. So by strenghtening the Yin you also cover the Yang. I don't think the opposite would work well for the Yin.
And by doing this you regenerate Jing.
The Qi leaking is no problem for us, since we have meditation and soul knowledge.
I'll try the herbs Shannon, thanks.

Jing is sexual essence and the five primary organs are yin natured and thus, store Jing. The main organ for this is the kidneys and from the Taoist perspective, includes the reproductive organs. This is why the Sacral chakra is the ruler of both the kidneys and sex organs as they are connected.

Stress is one of the biggest factors of Jing Loss. This can be from all aspects of being; physical, emotional/mental, energetic and spiritual. To cultivate Jing one must first stop it's leakage. This is done via stress control and management. There are Taoist techniques that I have posted in the Asian forum to help mitigate stress. The void meditation, breathing exercises and yoga help with this also. In terms of herbs, the king of stopping Jing loss is the Schizandra berry. This berry helps all the organs restore Jing more efficiently and works to soothe the five elements and tonifies Jing, Qi and Shen.

Once the practitioner has accomplished this, next is to work on protecting the organs from leakage. This can be done via Qigong and meditation. Circulating the Qi through the soul and restoring the proper flow of spiritual fire. There are also Taoist techniques of the Iron Shirt which pack Qi into the organs to protect them. There are Qi tonics you can use for this as well such as Ginseng.

Lastly to restore the capacity of your Jing and even to increase it, look to tonic foods/herbs and make sure your spiritual practice is consistent. Use Yin herbs/foods first to build the Yin Jing such as Asparagus Root and Goji. Yang tonics can be introduced after a baseline of Yin Jing has been established to build the Yang Jing. This can include tonics such as Eucommia bark.

Jing loss is something that happens no matter how strict one is with their life. This is aging. Jing is not replenished automatically for the average person. Jing replenishes itself automatically for the ascended. This is why they are immortal, the Magnum Opus.

High Priest Lucius Oria

High Priest Lucius Oria said:
Jing is sexual essence and the five primary organs are yin natured and thus, store Jing. The main organ for this is the kidneys and from the Taoist perspective, includes the reproductive organs. This is why the Sacral chakra is the ruler of both the kidneys and sex organs as they are connected.

Stress is one of the biggest factors of Jing Loss. This can be from all aspects of being; physical, emotional/mental, energetic and spiritual. To cultivate Jing one must first stop it's leakage. This is done via stress control and management. There are Taoist techniques that I have posted in the Asian forum to help mitigate stress. The void meditation, breathing exercises and yoga help with this also. In terms of herbs, the king of stopping Jing loss is the Schizandra berry. This berry helps all the organs restore Jing more efficiently and works to soothe the five elements and tonifies Jing, Qi and Shen.
Thank you very much for this, HP Lucius. I believe that Jing loss may be perhaps the #1 factor in why I always feel tired and weak no matter what I do. I also often feel stressed due to the environment I am in. I will purchase some dried Schisandra berries right away.

One question - after some quick research I read that some people recommend thoroughly chewing the berries in order for them to properly develop their effect. Is this necessary, or can I just make a simple tea by pouring boiling water over some berries in a cup? What would be your recommended way of ingestion?

Shael said:

Thank you very much for this, HP Lucius. I believe that Jing loss may be perhaps the #1 factor in why I always feel tired and weak no matter what I do. I also often feel stressed due to the environment I am in. I will purchase some dried Schisandra berries right away.

One question - after some quick research I read that some people recommend thoroughly chewing the berries in order for them to properly develop their effect. Is this necessary, or can I just make a simple tea by pouring boiling water over some berries in a cup? What would be your recommended way of ingestion?

Up to you. There are several ways of taking in the berries, raw, tincture or capsule. It's extremely important to take the chinensis variety instead of the sphenanthera. This species is a lot more effective.

Up to you. There are several ways of taking in the berries, raw, tincture or capsule. It's extremely important to take the chinensis variety instead of the sphenanthera. This species is a lot more effective.
How can I tell which is which if the seller didn't write it on? From image search I saw that the sphenanthera has weird things coming out of the berry on the side, whereas the chinesis seems to be mostly just round and smooth.
The seller wrote the latin name "Fructus schisandreae" on the package.

The dried berries that I got do not seem to have those weird things on the outside, but rather are just a simple round shape. They are somewhat deep red in color. Here a picture:
IMG-20200128-142653.jpg

Once the practitioner has accomplished this, next is to work on protecting the organs from leakage. This can be done via Qigong and meditation. Circulating the Qi through the soul and restoring the proper flow of spiritual fire. There are also Taoist techniques of the Iron Shirt which pack Qi into the organs to protect them. There are Qi tonics you can use for this as well such as Ginseng.

Lastly to restore the capacity of your Jing and even to increase it, look to tonic foods/herbs and make sure your spiritual practice is consistent. Use Yin herbs/foods first to build the Yin Jing such as Asparagus Root and Goji. Yang tonics can be introduced after a baseline of Yin Jing has been established to build the Yang Jing. This can include tonics such as Eucommia bark.

Jing loss is something that happens no matter how strict one is with their life. This is aging. Jing is not replenished automatically for the average person. Jing replenishes itself automatically for the ascended. This is why they are immortal, the Magnum Opus.

High Priest Lucius Oria
Hi HP Lucius, thanks very much for the precious tips.
Lol I was thinking my post would have sunk in the flow of the other posts :lol: thanks man. Yes, I have been through a very difficult situation, so intense that I lost track of the condition but now I can pinpoint the problems (you confirmed what I was thinking). I will follow your advices regarding herbs.
Thanks again

Also one more question. Is there a maximum intake limit that I should be aware of? Today I made 1 cup of tea with approximately 5 grams of berries. If I for example felt like drinking 3 of those cups instead, would that be okay? Or should I try to not cross over 1 cup daily?

High Priest Lucius Oria

Schisandra berries are incredibly underrated. According to TCM if you take the berries for 100 days straight this will restore sexual energy for those who are impotent. The TCM formula of panax ginseng, schisandra berries, and jiaogulan activates the triple heater meridian and works miracles for runners, body builders, and really athletes of all kind. The herbs taken together have a synergistic effect. I have never taken the jiaogulan, but the schisandra and ginseng taken together will still work. If your into jogging or sprinting you will feel the energy flow to your kidneys, heart, and lungs after a few weeks of hard training. The only bad thing that can be said about the five flavor berry is that if you take too much it will give you a sour stomach. Its best to start off light and work your way up to the heavier doses. No more than five grams per day spread throughout the day.

Shael said:
How can I tell which is which if the seller didn't write it on? From image search I saw that the sphenanthera has weird things coming out of the berry on the side, whereas the chinesis seems to be mostly just round and smooth.

The dried berries that I got do not seem to have those weird things on the outside, but rather are just a simple round shape. They are somewhat deep red in color. Here a picture:
IMG-20200128-142653.jpg

Many American suppliers of Schisandra do not know the difference between the chinesis and sphenanthera. Chinesis is found in Manchuria which is North East China while the sphenanthera is known as southern schisandra. Find products which are Di Tao which means authentic. You can ask the supplier directly which variety they use and most times they are good with answering. There are a couple companies such as dragon herbs which are authetic but pricy.

Shael said:
Also one more question. Is there a maximum intake limit that I should be aware of? Today I made 1 cup of tea with approximately 5 grams of berries. If I for example felt like drinking 3 of those cups instead, would that be okay? Or should I try to not cross over 1 cup daily?

Do some experimenting but I would take it easy and do one a day. It takes 100 days to solidify the foundation of the three treasures. Listen to your body as always and just take whats good for you.

Shael said:

IMG-20200128-142653.jpg

Those look legit. I've gotten some other type before sent to me by accident. Said schisandra berries on the package, but definitely was not. Looks like they are easily confused with the variety HP Lucius mentioned.

Many American suppliers of Schisandra do not know the difference between the chinesis and sphenanthera. Chinesis is found in Manchuria which is North East China while the sphenanthera is known as southern schisandra. Find products which are Di Tao which means authentic. You can ask the supplier directly which variety they use and most times they are good with answering. There are a couple companies such as dragon herbs which are authetic but pricy.
I asked the seller which variant the berries are and he said that they are the chinensis variety.

Do some experimenting but I would take it easy and do one a day. It takes 100 days to solidify the foundation of the three treasures. Listen to your body as always and just take whats good for you.
I will stay at one cup daily, then. I have a tendency to go too high on these things in the beginning anyway.
One last question - I assume that it is okay to keep drinking the tea even after the 100 day period is over, right?

Thank you for your help. :)

Shael said:
I asked the seller which variant the berries are and he said that they are the chinensis variety.

I will stay at one cup daily, then. I have a tendency to go too high on these things in the beginning anyway.
One last question - I assume that it is okay to keep drinking the tea even after the 100 day period is over, right?

Thank you for your help. :)

No worries. Yes you can keep going past 100 days, for as long as you wish.

High Priest Lucius Oria

Are the schisandra berries associated to all five elements?

Stormblood said:

High Priest Lucius Oria

Yes due to being linked with all five tastes.

Stormblood said:

High Priest Lucius Oria

Thank you very much for your answer. Could you please share any good suggestions/sources for studying TCM and/or Ayurveda?

Stormblood said:
Stormblood said:

Thank you very much for your answer. Could you please share any good suggestions/sources for studying TCM and/or Ayurveda?
For tcm I believe the fondaments of chinese medicine by giovanni maciocia is good.

I got these berries too, I when I tried them I was like: “Shit, he ain’t kidding when he says they got all 5 kind of flavours”
I made tea out of it and damn that was a good tea!

High Priest Lucius Oria

From what I can tell from my experience, the Vaum and Raum on sacral and solar chakra fuels the sexual energy. Also there are some things to be transformed from energy to sexual energy to something else that gets in the whole body. It can be transformed either in fire or electricity.

Also the kidneys are for sure in correlation to sexual energy, as I feel it. I study now the Fa Jin by Manta Chia now and I have success with what is shown there regarding the discharging the chi energy. But it is put a lot of mental importance there that I haven’t seen it matter that much. Maybe some expansive pride and confidence.

Am I wrong? I strive to know the mechanism fully consciously.

The aspect that I saw that matters a lot in not leaking the energy was intense lower abdominal lock for hours even days, mostly in sleep time.

Aquarius said:
Stormblood said:

For tcm I believe the fondaments of chinese medicine by giovanni maciocia is good.
If you want the pdf in italian you can contact me :p

Aquarius said:
Aquarius said:
Stormblood said:

Thanks but I have it already. I'd like to know what he suggests, as we don't know if this is a good resource and what are good resources in general.

Furthermore, I'd be more interested in Ayurveda, as TCM may have some general content for everyone but also be specialised for Asians in a good portion of the materials.

Stormblood said:
Aquarius said:
Aquarius said:

Thanks but I have it already. I'd like to know what he suggests, as we don't know if this is a good resource and what are good resources in general.

Furthermore, I'd be more interested in Ayurveda, as TCM may have some general content for everyone but also be specialised for Asians in a good portion of the materials.
It's him who suggested that book.

High Priest Lucius Oria

HP, I highlighted some parts of your posts because I want to ask you some questions.

You say that it's possible to stop jing loss, restore its capacity and even increase it. In the conclusive part, you state that jing loss is inevitable for the average person and that it replenishes itself automatically for the ascended.

From how I understood this, you mean that, while jing loss is inevitable for the average person, it can be restored and increased through the methods you mentioned, after stopping the leakage. Then, when we ascend, we no longer need to resort to external methods as it replenishes automatically.

Is this correct or did you mean that it's impossible to stop leakage permanently and we'll keep losing it despite the methods you highlighted until we ascend?

The reason I'm asking this is that someone in the Italian forum advocates the second option and that, no matter what you do (the techniques you provided above), jing will keep leaking until you ascend.

Stormblood said:

High Priest Lucius Oria

HP, I highlighted some parts of your posts because I want to ask you some questions.

You say that it's possible to stop jing loss, restore its capacity and even increase it. In the conclusive part, you state that jing loss is inevitable for the average person and that it replenishes itself automatically for the ascended.

From how I understood this, you mean that, while jing loss is inevitable for the average person, it can be restored and increased through the methods you mentioned, after stopping the leakage. Then, when we ascend, we no longer need to resort to external methods as it replenishes automatically.

Is this correct or did you mean that it's impossible to stop leakage permanently and we'll keep losing it despite the methods you highlighted until we ascend?

The reason I'm asking this is that someone in the Italian forum advocates the second option and that, no matter what you do (the techniques you provided above), jing will keep leaking until you ascend.

Death is the loss of Jing. This leakage is impossible to stop for a mortal as that is the polarity of their condition. There is something known as Pre-Natal Jing which is the genetic life potential of the individual. This is finite and cannot be reversed until one ascends. On the other hand, Post-Natal Jing is another type that can be replenished and helps the individual live as long and as vitally as possible. However this also has it's limits. There were some great sages in ancient China who specialised in preventing Jing loss and lived to advanced ages but they still eventually died. This applies to those who raised their serpents also. This is the effect of time and won't be rectified until you overcome such with the Magnum Opus.

I guess the best analogy is that you built a dam that looks like it blocks the river completely but you still got some micro cracks that gets worse as time goes on. Eventually the dam will break regardless of how you try to patch it up.

Stormblood said:

High Priest Lucius Oria

Death is the loss of Jing. This leakage is impossible to stop for a mortal as that is the polarity of their condition. There is something known as Pre-Natal Jing which is the genetic life potential of the individual. This is finite and cannot be reversed until one ascends. On the other hand, Post-Natal Jing is another type that can be replenished and helps the individual live as long and as vitally as possible. However this also has it's limits. There were some great sages in ancient China who specialised in preventing Jing loss and lived to advanced ages but they still eventually died. This applies to those who raised their serpents also. This is the effect of time and won't be rectified until you overcome such with the Magnum Opus.

I guess the best analogy is that you built a dam that looks like it blocks the river completely but you still got some micro cracks that gets worse as time goes on. Eventually the dam will break regardless of how you try to patch it up.

Thanks for your explanation. I want to examine a specific case too: one is on our spiritual path and gets the Magnum Opus in this life, without even reaching old age. During the time before the Magnum Opus, he also works to stop the leakage, replenish and cultivate jing. In this specific case, the cracks will never reach the point of causing leakage again before the permanent "fix", if this is done properly, right?

Stormblood said:
Stormblood said:

Thanks for your explanation. I want to examine a specific case too: one is on our spiritual path and gets the Magnum Opus in this life, without even reaching old age. During the time before the Magnum Opus, he also works to stop the leakage, replenish and cultivate jing. In this specific case, the cracks will never reach the point of causing leakage again before the permanent "fix", if this is done properly, right?

Yes.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back