Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Yogatattva Upanishad -- questions

Alek666

"131(b)-134(a). That breast from which one suckled before (in his previous birth) he now presses (inlove) and obtains pleasure. He enjoys the same genital organ from which he was born before. She who was once his mother will now be wife and she who is now wife is (or will be) verily mother.He who is now father will be again son and he who is now son will be again father. Thus are theegos of this world wandering in the womb of birth and death like a bucket in the wheel of a well and enjoying the worlds."
I am not sure what this means but is this an excerpt on incest? If not the upanishad is saying that marry the woman who gave birth to you in your past life, which usually people lived alot longer when the up. were created. I don't really think this would be a bad thing, in regards to if that was your mother in a past life.
Alot of things are different in culture than I usually expected, I just get this weird feeling that the Yogatattva upanishad telling me to stay away from women 3 times because the man that does hatha yoga is irresistible.
"61-62. All females being taken up with the beauty of his person will desire to have intercourse with
him. If he so keeps connection, his virility will be lost; so abandoning all copulation with women,
he should continue his practice with great assiduity. By the preservation of the semen, a good odour
pervades the body.
Varaha Up., Ch. V. The preliminaries are necessary only for those who have not attained. For those who have, Niyama, Asana, and the like, are needless. Kularnava-Tantra, XI, 28, 29.
As the Hatha-Yoga pradipika says: " He who knows Yoga should preserve his semen. For the expenditure of the latter tends to death, but there is life for hinm who preserves it."
See also Yogatattva Up., which says that Hatha-yoga secures such personal beauty to the yogi that all women will desire him, but they must be resisted. and see also v. 90, which shows the connection semen, mind and life. (The semen shows to be needed as he goes on to state In the early stages of hatha yoga sadhana the heat goes upwards, the penis shrinks, an sexual powers are largely lost. Coition with emission of semen at this stage is likely to prove fatal. But a siddha regains his sexual power and can exercise it.
Arthur Avalon the Serpent Power- Page 189
Obviously the tattvas have been corrupted with proof of th "OM": 64. The Mantra, Pranava (OM) destroys all obstacles and all sins. By practicing thus he attains the Armabha (beginning or first state.)
This Uphanishad seems to be off along with some other things it says I feel abit odd about it can I please get someones input...
Telling me things like that I have to do the Niyamas this many times a day and then the serpent power says it is unneeded as stated above if one is developed enough at least they should need them it is said.
Thank you.

satanichonor said:
"131(b)-134(a). That breast from which one suckled before (in his previous birth) he now presses (inlove) and obtains pleasure. He enjoys the same genital organ from which he was born before. She who was once his mother will now be wife and she who is now wife is (or will be) verily mother.He who is now father will be again son and he who is now son will be again father. Thus are theegos of this world wandering in the womb of birth and death like a bucket in the wheel of a well and enjoying the worlds."
I am not sure what this means but is this an excerpt on incest? If not the upanishad is saying that marry the woman who gave birth to you in your past life, which usually people lived alot longer when the up. were created. I don't really think this would be a bad thing, in regards to if that was your mother in a past life.
Alot of things are different in culture than I usually expected, I just get this weird feeling that the Yogatattva upanishad telling me to stay away from women 3 times because the man that does hatha yoga is irresistible.
"61-62. All females being taken up with the beauty of his person will desire to have intercourse with
him. If he so keeps connection, his virility will be lost; so abandoning all copulation with women,
he should continue his practice with great assiduity. By the preservation of the semen, a good odour
pervades the body.
Varaha Up., Ch. V. The preliminaries are necessary only for those who have not attained. For those who have, Niyama, Asana, and the like, are needless. Kularnava-Tantra, XI, 28, 29.
As the Hatha-Yoga pradipika says: " He who knows Yoga should preserve his semen. For the expenditure of the latter tends to death, but there is life for hinm who preserves it."
See also Yogatattva Up., which says that Hatha-yoga secures such personal beauty to the yogi that all women will desire him, but they must be resisted. and see also v. 90, which shows the connection semen, mind and life. (The semen shows to be needed as he goes on to state In the early stages of hatha yoga sadhana the heat goes upwards, the penis shrinks, an sexual powers are largely lost. Coition with emission of semen at this stage is likely to prove fatal. But a siddha regains his sexual power and can exercise it.
Arthur Avalon the Serpent Power- Page 189
Obviously the tattvas have been corrupted with proof of th "OM": 64. The Mantra, Pranava (OM) destroys all obstacles and all sins. By practicing thus he attains the Armabha (beginning or first state.)
This Uphanishad seems to be off along with some other things it says I feel abit odd about it can I please get someones input...
Telling me things like that I have to do the Niyamas this many times a day and then the serpent power says it is unneeded as stated above if one is developed enough at least they should need them it is said.
Thank you.
Also telling me to wear orange I did not like that in this up.
Isn't this ridiculous?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back