Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Melatonin: Good or Bad?

I take melatonin because I have a herniated disc which causes pain and makes it hard for me to relax and fall asleep. My typical dose is 3-5mg.

Is it really stupid to take it regularly? I suppose it may make your natural melatonin receptors think that they don't have to work anymore?

CrossRoadsPedestrian said:
I take melatonin because I have a herniated disc which causes pain and makes it hard for me to relax and fall asleep. My typical dose is 3-5mg.

Is it really stupid to take it regularly? I suppose it may make your natural melatonin receptors think that they don't have to work anymore?
I'm not a health expert, but I think doing this regularly will indeed mess with your natural melatonin production and make you require melatonin supplementation in order to be able to fall asleep.

Try keeping the lights dimmed for atleast 2h before you sleep, and end your day with something relaxing like hatha yoga. No workouts or other high-activity things for the last 2h before bed.
Also, keep a consistent sleep schedule. It really helps a lot. I used to have 1-5 hour discrepancies in when I went to sleep, every single day, and it's really bad for your health.

There are natural herbs that can help uou sleep just like chamomile and valerian.If you want to increase your melatonin naturally fall a asleep before 12 or before 11 if possible and always sleep in full darkness cause otherwise (even if you can't sleep at those times always try to sleep in total darkness cause otherwise you can't produce it.)

Next I would suggest to do a Jupiter square for your Pineal gland since this is where the melatonin comes working wity pineal gland will also benefit you spiritually.

To fall asleep apart from the herbs ut is VERY IMPORTANT before going to bet stay away from electronics for at least 30 minutes.

From spiritual side you can use blue energy or do void meditation while laid on the bed.It is also advisable to not meditate before going to bed (not the void meditation ofcourse but I mean other meditation and yoga that increase your bio electricity).

Finally if the only reason you take it is to just fall asleep cut it immediately because the sleep pills can make you addicted to them,and pineal gland is very important organ for our advancement I don't suggest you make it work less.
I am sure if you just do everything that i suggested you are going to sleep naturally in no time :)

Shael said:

I'm not a health expert, but I think doing this regularly will indeed mess with your natural melatonin production and make you require melatonin supplementation in order to be able to fall asleep.

Try keeping the lights dimmed for atleast 2h before you sleep, and end your day with something relaxing like hatha yoga. No workouts or other high-activity things for the last 2h before bed.
Also, keep a consistent sleep schedule. It really helps a lot. I used to have 1-5 hour discrepancies in when I went to sleep, every single day, and it's really bad for your health.
When you mean end your day with smt like hatha yoga ,how much time before bed you mean?Hatha gives a very strong energy buzz so I don't this it the best thing to do before sleep but because it relaxes the body I would suggest it 1 hour before bed.

Νίκος said:
When you mean end your day with smt like hatha yoga ,how much time before bed you mean?Hatha gives a very strong energy buzz so I don't this it the best thing to do before sleep but because it relaxes the body I would suggest it 1 hour before bed.
I guess it depends on the person. Hatha Yoga makes me ridiculously sleepy despite the buzz, so I always do it last. I never want to get up again after the corpse pose, so I just fall asleep after I finish it.

Shael said:
Νίκος said:
I guess it depends on the person. Hatha Yoga makes me ridiculously sleepy despite the buzz, so I always do it last. I never want to get up again after the corpse pose, so I just fall asleep after I finish it.
It might also has to do with the routine one does.For example I do too much pranayama whem along woth the poses so maybe that is why I don't feel sleepy after it.I have noticed that when I do resting (with any meditation not only yoga) putting my tongue in the roof of the mouth amd feeling the energy circuit makes the effects stronger and gets away any tiredness I have.Try it one day if you want (just to check the result)!!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back