Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Mormon Church "Prudent Reserve"

Cyn666

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints built a $100 billion investment portfolio using tax-exempt funds "intended for charitable purposes," potentially in violation of federal laws, according to a whistleblower complaint filed to the Internal Revenue Service.

The 74-page complaint was lodged by David A. Nielsen, a 41-year-old former portfolio manager for the church's nonprofit investment arm, Ensign Peak Advisors, in Salt Lake City, where the church is based. He was aided by his twin brother, Lars Nielsen, who provided documents and spoke to The Washington Post Monday.

The former member worked there until September when he filed a complaint to the Internal Revenue Service Nov. 21, accusing church leaders of "misleading members — and possibly breaching federal tax rules — by stockpiling their surplus donations instead of using them for charitable works. It also accuses church leaders of using the tax-exempt donations to prop up a pair of businesses," the Washington Post reported.

“Having seen tens of billions in contributions and scores more in investment returns come in, and having seen nothing except two unlawful distributions to for-profit concerns go out, he was dejected beyond words, and so was I,” Lars Nielsen told The Post.

The vast majority of member donations are used to fund church operations, temples, missions, education and humanitarian needs while another portion is “methodically safeguarded through wise financial management and the building of a prudent reserve for the future,” church spokesman Eric Hawkins said in a statement to the Associated Press.

Hawkins added the claims are “based on a narrow perspective and limited information.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mormon-church-misled-members-tax-exempt-investment-fund.amp

Many other articles on this out now.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back