Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I Need Your Help With Something Important To Me.

magus.immortalis

I can't tell you what it is, or give clues as it's important to me and personal. So please don't ask what it is or try to draw it out of me.

How do you go about accomplishing a goal that takes the span of many, many years? How do you start? I feel so overwhelmed. But this is something that I need to get done.

It's not the Magnum Opus. This goal that I need to do has meaning to me too just like the MO.

I was told by my Guardians that even doing one hour of working towards this goal, everyday, brings me closer to it.

It's a lot of steps, not just reading, studying, learning and application and constant practice of that knowledge. These steps take years to master. I am a newbie at it all. But I know I have the will, desire, and I just needed advice, guidance and encouragement from my brothers and sisters in Satan.

Yes, I know telling you what it is or giving clues would help you help me better. But that's all I can say, safely, at this time.

Yes, it's legal. Yes, it can be humanly possible and can get done.

Thanks for reading. I await your replies ^_^

Hail Satan!

Depends on if it's a worldly or spiritual goal.

Primarily, you would want to do this by spacing the larger goal into smaller goals that are attainable, depending on the size of the goal. At least in most cases.

A close friend to me always says, “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.”

I mean it really is that simple. As cobra said, what you must do is set milestones. I’m in the throes of a such a project as well. Have been for a year and have a while to go. But it’s about doing something everyday bringing you closer to your goal. Sitting eating potato chips won’t get you closer you must take actual action. Whatever the goal.

Also, as you said, you’re a newbie, which means you’re going to make a ton of mistakes that will most likely discourage you plenty of times along the way. Know this now, so you can get over it and keep pushing forward. Never let the learning curve discourage you. It’s just part of it.

What’s needed to get you to your goals is time and hard work. How much of that you put it will make the difference, but you must break it all down and set tiny goals so you can see the progress as you’re constantly improving and it’s manageable. Doesn’t matter the goal. Any long term goal will require this.

Can’t stress it enough. For me, I’m constantly setting little goals getting me where I need to be. So I can constantly cross stuff off and now looking back I’m amazed at how much I’ve done. The ball is rolling. Also I’m obsessed. That helps too. Passion.

magus.immortalis said:
Map it out in detail.
Keep your end goal in mind, and then think deeply about all the other skills and knowledge you will need in order to reach it. Map it out retrospectively.

For example, say you'd want to become a professional baseball player. That would be your end-goal. Now write down the stuff you need in order to accomplish that. As another overarching goal, (if you wanted to be a batter), you'd want to be able to consistently hit homeruns a lot. You'd also want to be able to run very fast, so you can cover as many bases as possible after hitting the ball. [I do not play baseball so sorry if any terminology is off].

Now that you have those two overarching goals, you can again branch out downwards.
You want to hit homeruns consistently, so for this you will want to master your batting technique and hone the necessary muscles in your body to have enough power to hit it that far. Also, you would want to work extensively on your third eye and clairvoyant abilities, so you can consistently gauge and predict in what way the pitcher will throw the ball.
You want to run very fast to reach as many bases as possible, so you'd want to train your running abilities. Measure how long one full "lap" of all bases would be, and train in that range area to run as fast as possible. That running track is curved with edges, so also train yourself in keeping your momentum when changing directions. Work on your endurance so you can do this several times without lowering your performance from exhaustion.

With those goals set, you can again branch out downwards and make yourself a list of reading materials and training routines that you need in order to attain those things realistically. Then, order those things based on their importance and get started.

And just like that, you have the entire process mapped out. From there, all you need is willpower and perseverance, and some magick to further support you attaining your goal. :)

Lately i am finding myself in a similar situation.
I am trying to change. Like..everything almost hahaha

Lot of things I have to start and have started that will last for months, years or even decades. Yeah, I'm in that phase where I am just starting some big stuff. If nothing I am proud at myself having some discipline over it now.

Stop thinking about how hard it is. Like seriously, cut the crap and do it. Yes you can think still about it but have in mind the more you think about it the harder it will be.

So now I am forcing myself in a simple way...
I make a coffee. Or tea. And start doing it, yes I motivate myself like that ahhaha
Some food sometimes motivates me too. At first it might be hard but later it becomes easier, you actually will create a habit and might even start liking it.

Invest in things and don't cry too much over it. Even if it's something spiritual know yourself and how to cheat yourself. Make yourself happy and motivated, learn how to...otherwise you will be just stuck and avoiding what you gotta do you know.

Also what helps is to start doing something on a good date or just on a day when you feel happy and rested, motivated. It will keep you going more and you will maybe even looking forward to it.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Depends on if it's a worldly or spiritual goal.

Primarily, you would want to do this by spacing the larger goal into smaller goals that are attainable, depending on the size of the goal. At least in most cases.

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply, HP Hooded Cobra 666.

Eric13 said:
A close friend to me always says, “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.”

I mean it really is that simple. As cobra said, what you must do is set milestones. I’m in the throes of a such a project as well. Have been for a year and have a while to go. But it’s about doing something everyday bringing you closer to your goal. Sitting eating potato chips won’t get you closer you must take actual action. Whatever the goal.

Also, as you said, you’re a newbie, which means you’re going to make a ton of mistakes that will most likely discourage you plenty of times along the way. Know this now, so you can get over it and keep pushing forward. Never let the learning curve discourage you. It’s just part of it.

What’s needed to get you to your goals is time and hard work. How much of that you put it will make the difference, but you must break it all down and set tiny goals so you can see the progress as you’re constantly improving and it’s manageable. Doesn’t matter the goal. Any long term goal will require this.

Can’t stress it enough. For me, I’m constantly setting little goals getting me where I need to be. So I can constantly cross stuff off and now looking back I’m amazed at how much I’ve done. The ball is rolling. Also I’m obsessed. That helps too. Passion.

I'm very inspired by what you wrote and everything you said resonates deeply with me.
Thanks for reading and replying, Eric13!

Shael said:
magus.immortalis said:
Map it out in detail.
Keep your end goal in mind, and then think deeply about all the other skills and knowledge you will need in order to reach it. Map it out retrospectively.

For example, say you'd want to become a professional baseball player. That would be your end-goal. Now write down the stuff you need in order to accomplish that. As another overarching goal, (if you wanted to be a batter), you'd want to be able to consistently hit homeruns a lot. You'd also want to be able to run very fast, so you can cover as many bases as possible after hitting the ball. [I do not play baseball so sorry if any terminology is off].

Now that you have those two overarching goals, you can again branch out downwards.
You want to hit homeruns consistently, so for this you will want to master your batting technique and hone the necessary muscles in your body to have enough power to hit it that far. Also, you would want to work extensively on your third eye and clairvoyant abilities, so you can consistently gauge and predict in what way the pitcher will throw the ball.
You want to run very fast to reach as many bases as possible, so you'd want to train your running abilities. Measure how long one full "lap" of all bases would be, and train in that range area to run as fast as possible. That running track is curved with edges, so also train yourself in keeping your momentum when changing directions. Work on your endurance so you can do this several times without lowering your performance from exhaustion.

With those goals set, you can again branch out downwards and make yourself a list of reading materials and training routines that you need in order to attain those things realistically. Then, order those things based on their importance and get started.

And just like that, you have the entire process mapped out. From there, all you need is willpower and perseverance, and some magick to further support you attaining your goal. :)

This was very helpful. I shall do something like this soon. Thanks for your reply, Shael!

Azorm said:
Lately i am finding myself in a similar situation.
I am trying to change. Like..everything almost hahaha

Lot of things I have to start and have started that will last for months, years or even decades. Yeah, I'm in that phase where I am just starting some big stuff. If nothing I am proud at myself having some discipline over it now.

Stop thinking about how hard it is. Like seriously, cut the crap and do it. Yes you can think still about it but have in mind the more you think about it the harder it will be.

So now I am forcing myself in a simple way...
I make a coffee. Or tea. And start doing it, yes I motivate myself like that ahhaha
Some food sometimes motivates me too. At first it might be hard but later it becomes easier, you actually will create a habit and might even start liking it.

Invest in things and don't cry too much over it. Even if it's something spiritual know yourself and how to cheat yourself. Make yourself happy and motivated, learn how to...otherwise you will be just stuck and avoiding what you gotta do you know.

Also what helps is to start doing something on a good date or just on a day when you feel happy and rested, motivated. It will keep you going more and you will maybe even looking forward to it.

You make me feel like I got this, I can do this. Thank you for writing, Azorm !

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back