Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

A new tarot deck

Arctic666

I made a mistake when i bought my first deck, it was far too non traditional. It's pagan in nature, with zero xian symbolism, that's the reason why I bought it.
But I cannot connect with the cards in any way, the images on it barely make any sense to what the card is supposed to represent.

I noticed that I connect to the decks based off RWS much more easily, I find the images much more memorable. Obviously, I am well aware that Raider Waite deck has hebrew letters on it, so that deck is out of the question.

But I still want to get a deck that uses similar imagery.

I like the Robin Wood and Morgan Greer deck, don't know which one to choose though. Do you have any other decks you'd like to recommend?

I have the Witches Tarot. It has zero corruption and the art is really good. It is medieval themed which I don't really like, though.

Arctic666 said:
I made a mistake when i bought my first deck, it was far too non traditional. It's pagan in nature, with zero xian symbolism, that's the reason why I bought it.
But I cannot connect with the cards in any way, the images on it barely make any sense to what the card is supposed to represent.

I noticed that I connect to the decks based off RWS much more easily, I find the images much more memorable. Obviously, I am well aware that Raider Waite deck has hebrew letters on it, so that deck is out of the question.

But I still want to get a deck that uses similar imagery.

I like the Robin Wood and Morgan Greer deck, don't know which one to choose though. Do you have any other decks you'd like to recommend?

I personally love Tarot reading. I own two decks and I agree, the Rider Waite symbolism is what I connect to more. I dont like the Morgan Greer deck or any deck that strays away from the traditional symbolism.

If you want Rider Waite symbolism, then I suggest you use the Hanson Roberts cards. Its smaller, easy to handle and shuffle than big cards. The only thing is two of the cards have some hebrew symbolism but I used a marker to cover it. Other than that, I truly love those cards.

The second deck I own are the "Deck of the Bastard" tarot cards. They are pricier BUT they look exactly like an old vintage card stock. Its beautiful. It has no judeo christian symbolism and some of the cards have small serpent symbols ( like the high priestess card). They are VERY pagan style but with the Rider Waite imagery. The name of the cards are in reference to its mixture from other nice looking decks but the Rider Waite imagery still dominates.

The only downside is they are $69.

I do enjoy my Hanson Roberts cards more in a way though. I use my Hanson Roberts cards in Spring and Summer and the Deck of the Bastard cards during the colder months.

Its up to you.

HPS Shannon said:
The second deck I own are the "Deck of the Bastard" tarot cards. They are pricier BUT they look exactly like an old vintage card stock. Its beautiful. It has no judeo christian symbolism and some of the cards have small serpent symbols ( like the high priestess card). They are VERY pagan style but with the Rider Waite imagery. The name of the cards are in reference to its mixture from other nice looking decks but the Rider Waite imagery still dominates.

I found the seller. These are gorgeous to look at, the vintage look adds to the aesthetic and vibe.

il_794xN.439163365_7qnh.jpg

This will be on my wishlist. Thanks for the recommendations!

HPS Shannon said:
I personally love Tarot reading. I own two decks and I agree, the Rider Waite symbolism is what I connect to more. I dont like the Morgan Greer deck or any deck that strays away from the traditional symbolism.

If you want Rider Waite symbolism, then I suggest you use the Hanson Roberts cards. Its smaller, easy to handle and shuffle than big cards. The only thing is two of the cards have some hebrew symbolism but I used a marker to cover it. Other than that, I truly love those cards.

I do enjoy my Hanson Roberts cards more in a way though. I use my Hanson Roberts cards in Spring and Summer and the Deck of the Bastard cards during the colder months.

Its up to you.

I decided to buy Robin Wood deck, I feel really drawn to it. And the book Maxine recommended on tarot uses the same deck, so that's also nice.
Thank you for your recommendations though. I will buy "Deck of the Bastard" when I'm feeling fancy :)

I agree, Tarot is great! Whenever I'm feeling uneasy or restless because I don't know how something will turn out, I use Tarot.

TopoftheAbyss said:
I have the Witches Tarot. It has zero corruption and the art is really good. It is medieval themed which I don't really like, though.
That decks also looks beautiful. It's going on my to-buy list.

Arctic666 said:
HPS Shannon said:

Its up to you.

I decided to buy Robin Wood deck, I feel really drawn to it. And the book Maxine recommended on tarot uses the same deck, so that's also nice.
Thank you for your recommendations though. I will buy "Deck of the Bastard" when I'm feeling fancy :)

I agree, Tarot is great! Whenever I'm feeling uneasy or restless because I don't know how something will turn out, I use Tarot.

TopoftheAbyss said:
That decks also looks beautiful. It's going on my to-buy list.

I do a tarit reading every week to see how my week will look, and also a 6 month spreat to see the theme of each month.

HPS Shannon said:
I do a tarit reading every week to see how my week will look, and also a 6 month spreat to see the theme of each month.

I recently started doing that. So far, my guesses have been correct :)

I just hate the rider because of Hebrew everywhere.

I gotta get me those two other decks tho. I like that vintage look a lot. Sexy.

SATchives said:
I just hate the rider because of Hebrew everywhere.

I gotta get me those two other decks tho. I like that vintage look a lot. Sexy.

Haha, I thought the same.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back