Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Science and Physics behind a Void Moon

I tried to understand the science behind a moon void on google but to no avail. I tried the search bar here too but to no avail as well.

Google: What is a Void Moon?
When the Moon is Void of Course (VOC) it means that it makes no more major aspects to other planets before it leaves a sign. It is a phenomenon of the transiting Moon, and there is a lot of controversy about what its influence is, and whether we should punt our lives and affairs during those times

Can someone please explain the science and physics behind a void moon and how it affects our magical workings?

Someone more keen on astrology could probably explain it better, but I don't really think it needs to be explained in that much scientific depth to understand its affects on magical workings.

When there are no astrological influences on the moon, it doesn't have the energy behind it. Think of the moon like a conduit for the energy of these signs. When there is no sign in focus, it is pointless because there won't be any of the specific energy needed to go into that working. For example, doing a certain working in the wrong sign. It's not the needed energy and it won't work. The void moon is just an absence of an influence of all of those energies. So none of the workings you would do would work on a void moon, by that same logic.

Okay, but remember, though astrology is a science, it isn’t a left brained science. What this means is it does indeed fallow the scientific method and has repeatable results, but astrology doesn’t fallow logic. The reason it works is literally just because.

Certain things on astrology have an effect that’s hard to understand the why of it and a lot of it seems to be based around relativity. For instance when a planet is in retrograde, it appears to be going backwards in the sky, though it really isn’t, but because of this relative perspective the energies of that planet go in reverse as well and all of the things the planet rules go out of wack. Stop working effectively.

With the void moon this happens when it’s transitioning from one sign to the next and makes its last aspect to a planet before making the transition to the next sign. During this phase it is void of course and without direction so to speak. Without guidance. Now the energies in the world are under the same influence. No direction, no guidance, driving blind. Things aren’t working out and doing things during this time is unwise. Would you drive blind? Of course not.

Hope this helps. It’s just important to understand astrology and other metaphysical sciences aren’t like traditional left brained sciences. The reason they work is a bit different.

I don't know specifically about the void moon

All planets have two motions in the space: rotation around their own axis and revolution around the star in their star system. Satellites like the moon also have an additional rotational motion around the planet they are moon to. Some planets also have retrograde motion, as one can find out through the astronomy. Even the sun and other stars are not fixed but slowly move around the centre of the galaxy they belong to.

The planets and other big bodies affect us because they have a powerful electromagnetic field which we call the planet's energy in astrology. Aspects in astrology explain how this fields interact between them. I suppose that by retrograding a planet produces a reverse field but that's just a theory.

A void of course happens when our Moon stops aspecting other planets and transitions from a sign to another. In scientific terms, its emf stops interacting with other planetary and star emfs.

I suppose that since the Moon has a special role in the Earth's affairs that special role regulates how events may occur on the higher levels.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back