Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Rapid eyelid twitching during meditation

The Proud Gentile

I'm having trouble focusing during meditation. Everytime I close my eyes and attempt to focus my eyelids would start twitiching and I can't control it or make it stop. This doesnt happen when I'm tired. I could close my eyes and fall asleep without any eye movement but when I try to focus on a specific point behind my eyelids they twitch. I find this very distracting. It would help if any one would inform me on what specifically causes this or if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance. :)

It used to happen to me too, try to not see from your physical eyes too much because they will open up.

Do breathing exercises before meditation and your problem will be fixed

Do you eat enough magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium?

Sounds like your balance of sodium and potassium is wrong. These control your muscles. And balance of Magnesium and Calcium is probably wrong too, that also controls muscles.

This used to happen to me. I believe it went away on its own at some point. I'd sometimes sit in a dark room and cover my eyes with my hands or a warm towel until they calmed down. Try the things already suggested here as well.

It could be due to a number of things. As Ol argedco luciftias mentioned it could be due to the lack of electrolytes.

Another is that sometimes an increase of energy during meditation can cause this twitching, because the body is not used to it.

I thought you mean your eyelids flickering, rather than twitching or spasming. If that is the case, it might be due to concentration, where you are focusing more on what you are doing than on trying to keep your eyes closed, possibly straining them.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back