Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

lucid dreams

Viego

i heard is good to have a journal of dreams to exersie it and read it before sleeping
my quesiton is can i make that jorunal on my laptop on a .txt file and read it there too after im going to sleep? is more easier for me then making a book and write it with the pen

A journal is recommended because it shortens the distance between you and writing down your dream. When it's on a laptop, you have to boot up the computer, open the .txt document etc. You forget most of your dreams right after waking, so it's important to get them down fast if you are trying to improve dream recall. That and writing things pen to paper improves recall moreso than typing. Staring at a bright laptop screen before you go to sleep isn't good for you either.

Libra said:
A journal is recommended because it shortens the distance between you and writing down your dream. When it's on a laptop, you have to boot up the computer, open the .txt document etc. You forget most of your dreams right after waking, so it's important to get them down fast if you are trying to improve dream recall. That and writing things pen to paper improves recall moreso than typing. Staring at a bright laptop screen before you go to sleep isn't good for you either.

thank you very much for the information

CrossRoadsPedestrian said:
also wearing "gamer glasses" (yellow tinted) before bed helps u avoid blue light if u really want to use ur laptop

Regarding screen light what I've read and heard is that it will interfere with your sleep , it will be harder for you to fall asleep .
In this case a 30 minute without computer/phone/tv screen before going to bed would be ideal. But then again myself I had no issues with this matter I still fell asleep like a cat.

CrossRoadsPedestrian said:
or u can use a handheld voice recorder and then transcribe it to ur laptop later.

That sounds good if you have the intimacy of doing so but it must be done right after you wake up and if you live with others in the house ..I don't think you'd want others to hear what you dream about especially if your girlfriend/wife sleeps next to you :D :lol: just kidding [not kidding] .
But if you have the intimacy to do so that sounds like a good ideea.

I think you can also wrote it quick and short in a notepad , just parts of the dream/dreams then once you will complete it later the dream/dreams will add up and you might remember more stuff.
Best case scenario would be to wrote them quick , straight after you wake up.

Try wake up a bit earlier, allowing yourself some time to wrote them down.
For instance if you wake up at 05:00 wake up at 04:50 instead. 10 Minutes should be more then enough to wrote the dream/dreams or at least the most important details.

Libra said:
A journal is recommended because
There are many benefits of having a dream jorunal. First of all is a MUST if you want to become a lucid dreamer master.
A journal will help you:
#1: Remember Your Dreams Better
#2: Connect with Your Subconscious Mind
#3: Gain Control of Your Dreams
#4: Tap Into Your Creativity
#5: Heal From Past Trauma
#6: Learn to Interpret Your Dreams

There's more information's about that : https://www.take2minutes.org/page_blog_benefits_of_dream_journaling.html

But in conclusion having a journal and adding some techniques in day to day life [one of them can be reality checks every day , try to form a habit and this will happen in a dream then baam.. you will become aware and lucid then the fun begins]

Libra said:
"it shortens the distance between you and writing down" Sorry but what did you mean by that? This is the same thing as writing it on a paper or computer .
If your computer works on a HDD and is a bit old then of course it might be a bit slower to wake up and open a notepad but if you have an SSD and works well then it will open very quick in few seconds.
I have my laptop on hibernate stage always so it's instant here.

I hope you don't take it in the wrong way I'm just sharing my opinion here.

Myself personally I will stick with digital instead of a book because I found it quicker and less time wasting then writing . Also my hand writing is terrible so I won't understand many of things I've just wrote if I were to wrote in a hurry.

I would advise everyone to use what is best for them. From experience I can say both a book or a digital [like a notepad on computer] works very well.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back