Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is planet earth a living organism?

StyleCoin said:
I am studying gaia theory, can earth be a living organism?
Just like plants can be considered a living organism, the same can be said about the Earth. This does not mean any kind of "consciousness" in the sense that we have it, but I do believe the Earth is alive in a sense.

Earth is an ecosystem as a whole, with ecosystems in it. The Body is a system, and each organ is a system and each cell is a system. The financial "system" is a system, each business/company is a system, each network is a system, each computer is a system, each component and peripheral is a system... Earth doesn't have a brain with thoughts and feelings and intentions, but due to the way the conscious intelligence of the Universe/Aether is, it could be thought of as having such, poetically, symbolically.

OK, in short - define life. What are the requisites for life? Self-preservation? Self-awareness in actuality? Procreation? Earth, if left alone, can heal herself. Earth doesn't ask "Why am I here? What is the point and meaning of life and existence? I am billions of years old, why can't I murder each and every last jew, and keep my Gentiles safe and strong?!" Earth doesn't have sex with another Planet, or is not fertilised by humongous space bees, and pollinated, to produce Baby Earths...

Please, no more debates on the ethical treatment of rocks. One was more than enough.

SSwombat said:
Can the Earth itself be alive? This is an interesting question.

The Earth itself is, in the present scientific sense, inanimate. Meaning it is of the material. But there are certain aspects about it, in the occult sense, that suggest it is of a more complex nature. When one is fully open psychically they can see an aura around things, power lines, plants, animals and themselves etc. This indicates that there is more to just the physical stone that you pick up.

If you look at the big picture, then the Earth is just a planet in a solar system, in a galaxy, in a universe. But life had to start somewhere? Did life originate here? Did it descend from another alternate universe or a more higher level dimensionally?

Most scientists now acknowledge that the big bang is not the answer, but unfortunately, they have nothing else to replace it, so it suffices as the only theory in the academic world for the moment.

We, as Spiritual Satanists, believe the universe is eternal -- without beginning or end -- with an infinite consciousness. This is connected to with the rising of the serpent with meditation (pranayama) the nadis (pingala, ida) merging as the sushumna in the 6th chakra and ascending to the crown chakra sahasrara (1000 lotus petals) and attaining universal consciousness.

Attain this and I think you will have your answer.

HAIL SATAN FOREVER

Many thanks for the reply. =)

I don't think it is alive. I think it is akin to a house, being made of organic matter but not alive. Maybe it is a life-form that has a distinct and unique type of energy? (at least in this galaxy)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back