Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I figured my apartment has no sound insulation...

Alek666

I figured out my apartment has no sound proofing insulation the walls are hollow and I can hear almost everything I can even hear people coughing on the other side of the apartment and farting as well. I don't feel comfortable doing anything spiritual here and I get anxiety people being able to hear me (Funny because I make fun of anxiety.) And am actually now worried about my mental health because it's driving me crazy.
Though I will be moving out in about 4 months.
My soul tells me what I need and its that I need and like lots of relentless work but I feel uncomfortable, when being comfortable is what matters. This is not healthy.
Also my manager says she will do things and never does, which that and all of this has been getting the best of me quite often, the manager she said that she would be working on insulation and the insulation ended being the roofing which it all seemed to be fine until I figured out that was the roofing she was talking about...
This is just a problem and insulation is not required by law.
I lived in a newer apartment where the apartment was pretty new, So my experience with a new apartment is that I only heard the other person next door put their plug in their wall, other than that it was great and was made around 2005.
If this is what you prefer too is good insulation making sure the apartment is newer which helps from my experience that is the only advice I could give not anything for a current situation.
I can't do yoga most of the time without getting upset and losing my cool, which I am supposed to truly feel seclusion while doing anything spiritual.
I can't even come up with anything in this situation to help myself, I would like to help people that are in this situation too if it helps, though I am not sure what people feel about this if they could handle the no insulation.
I would just like help on mainly anxiety, even my breathe gives me anxiety when I get anxious, everything just got worse for me. I still do work on the soul just not as much as I want and need.
Just need help with the anxiety it's uncomfortable I could say stressful here, which like I said is not healthy.

If you are that concerned your neighbors are gonna listen to what you are doing, then try to play some music.

This doesn't have to be something so strong that walls are shaking, you just have to have it loud enough to cancel out your voice, so that it is indiscernible from music.

satanichonor said:
I figured out my apartment has no sound proofing insulation the walls are hollow and I can hear almost everything I can even hear people coughing on the other side of the apartment and farting as well. I don't feel comfortable doing anything spiritual here and I get anxiety people being able to hear me (Funny because I make fun of anxiety.) And am actually now worried about my mental health because it's driving me crazy.
My soul tells me what I need and its that I need and like lots of relentless work but I feel uncomfortable, when being comfortable is what matters. This is not healthy.
Also my manager says she will do things and never does, which that and all of this has been getting the best of me quite often, the manager she said that she would be working on insulation and the insulation ended being the roofing which it all seemed to be fine until I figured out that was the roofing she was talking about...
I lived in a newer apartment where the apartment was pretty new, So my experience with a new apartment is that I only heard the other person next door put their plug in their wall, other than that it was great and was made around 2005.
If this is what you prefer too is good insulation making sure the apartment is newer which helps from my experience that is the only advice I could give not anything for a current situation.
I can't do yoga most of the time without getting upset and losing my cool, which I am supposed to truly feel seclusion while doing anything spiritual.
I can't even come up with anything in this situation to help myself, I would like to help people that are in this situation too if it helps, though I am not sure what people feel about this if they could handle the no insulation.
I would just like help on mainly anxiety, even my breathe gives me anxiety when I get anxious, everything just got worse for me. I still do work on the soul just not as much as I want and need.
Just need help with the anxiety it's uncomfortable I could say stressful here, which like I said is not healthy.

That sucks. Maybe you could find somewhere outside of your house to meditate, or do it at times when everyone else is sleeping. Four months isn't that long to wait - hopefully you can fare better somewhere else. I think I have a deep sense of your problem; I've been able to put myself in your shoes, I hope a remedy comes to you. Have peace of mind.

satanichonor said:

Ya gotta let that go. I chant right in front of people. They are like what the Hell? I am like chanting? Hear of Meditation. Then they are like oh cool man and leave me alone.

Because only we think omg they will know im satanist. Who puts chanting and Satanist together? People know I do yoga, meditation and chant.

Verrryy little people got probs with that lol. Unless they are complete whack christian but its like so what? What are you gonna do? I Dare Bitches to come tell me not to Meditate.

I mean Rituals of yellin Hail Satan or something I get that. But its Meditation.

satanichonor said:
Get yourself a pair of those sound insulators that construction workers use. They look like over-ear headphones without cable. When you have these on, you wont even hear an explosion a few meters from you. Put those on and tune the other people the fuck out from your head. Focus on yourself and your meditation, and not on anyone else. If anybody should ask you what you are doing, tell them it's throat exercises or whatever. You can even tell them you are chanting mantras, because most people still have no idea what that even is. They will just leave you alone most likely.

Aldrick Strickland said:
satanichonor said:

Ya gotta let that go. I chant right in front of people. They are like what the Hell? I am like chanting? Hear of Meditation. Then they are like oh cool man and leave me alone.

Because only we think omg they will know im satanist. Who puts chanting and Satanist together? People know I do yoga, meditation and chant.

Verrryy little people got probs with that lol. Unless they are complete whack christian but its like so what? What are you gonna do? I Dare Bitches to come tell me not to Meditate.

I mean Rituals of yellin Hail Satan or something I get that. But its Meditation.

Aldrick Strickland said:
satanichonor said:

Same here I like this attitude almost no one will probably think Satanist unless somehow they know the meaning of the words you are Vibrating or chanting etc in that case you probably unless the person is an enemy have an interesting conversation with someone cause I know I myself at least would go up and talk to someone if I heard them doing some meditation i was familiar with. I have done that in public places before and when going on walks no one says anything but most public places are loud enough no one will hear you anyways so you'd be less worried than if at home.

Turn on music or the tv or something loud enough if you are worried about this it won't effect the energy of it at all. It may help to find one of those white noise machines some people use in places like doctors offices meeting places etc.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=White+noise

This is just an example of what I am talking about. This may save your mental sanity too a little and block some of the noise from your neighbors.

satanichonor said:

You will have to make your own soundproofed chamber. Others mentioned noise-blocking headphone, but that would still allow others to hear you. For a cheap fix, you should combine these with ambient noise, perhaps using the TV or kitchen fan to generate the ambient noise. Hopefully that would give you personal quiet, yet also shielding you from others. For minor meditation, you could always go to your car, if it is relatively secluded.

Besides that, you would likely have to invest in some over-the-wall insulation and cover a smaller room in it. Same stuff streamers and audio techs use to soundproof the room they work in. I do not know the cost of this, as it varies by material quality and quantity, and I am unaware if this is even viable for you or not. I think if you are moving, perhaps make use of ambient noise until you can move.

Also know that if your neighbors are decent people, if they hear you walking around or whatever in your place, they probably will be thinking somewhat friendly thoughts. Most people are empathetic and friendly, and therefore won't think badly about you should they overhear noise from your apartment.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back