Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Planets & Runes

I am looking for some clarification on which runes correspond to certain planets.

Neptune - Logr
Sun - Sowilo
Jupiter - ?
Moon - Berkano
Mars - Tyr
Saturn - Nauthiz
Pluto - Eihwaz
Venus - Ehwaz
Mercury - Mannaz
Uranus - Dagr

Any help would be appreciated.

Stormblood said:
May I ask why Ehwaz/Ior related to Venus, despite the rune it's related to Gemini? If I had to think if a rune to associate to Venus, Kaun is one of the first that comes to mind.
I agree. I think Kaun and Wunjo.

Stormblood said:
May I ask why Ehwaz/Ior related to Venus, despite the rune it's related to Gemini? If I had to think if a rune to associate to Venus, Kaun is one of the first that comes to mind.

Well, I don’t know for certain. Maybe there are certain planets that don’t have exact corresponding runes. Maybe you’re right. I don’t know.

Stormblood said:
Very interesting observation. I note Kaun~Kama~Kamadevaya(mantra of the love God)~Love ruled by Venus

Mercury =Ansuz and Manaz
Venus = Fehu and kaun
Mars = Uruz and Tyr
Jupiter = Fehu and Dagr
Moon and Uranus = Dagr
Pluto = Eihwaz
Sun = Sowilo
Saturn = Naudhiz
But each rune are governeds for 2 or 3 planets.

The runes are energetic forms of the constellations. They are higher/subtler than the planetary energies. For this reason, one can use a rune holding powerful manifestation of saturnian principles for white magic without harming oneself. When a rune is linked to planetary body, it's not the planetary aspect in itself alone. The planetary identification, is a way of summarizing or a giving a signature to that rune. The runes cut across the entire constellations, for example, the Jera rune, though a solar rune, has a saturnian aspect to it because Saturn rules the concept of time. The Ing rune, also has a saturnian aspect to it because Saturn is the principle in which any form of energy is housed/stored. Every rune a ting of every planetary body, but each are more in line with certain principles. You get the idea.

I think that Futhark runes might just be like the Greek Alphabet. They have 24 characters each. The Greek Alphabet, as we know from other sermons, are divided like this:

1. 7 letters that deal with the inner planets — the vowels;
2. 5 letters that deal with the elements — the semivowels;
3. 12 letters that deal with the zodiac signs — the consonants.

Do you guys think the runes might be this way too?

Jupiter mannaz , depends what u Tryna work for aswel if u could say what it is u wana achieve then more help can be given as one or more than two runes can help with the same goal but b under different influences Also take into consideration the runes are forces of nature and planetary placements can either amplify ur goal or just not like u won't wana use the gebo rune for love when venus is retro

Jupiter mannaz , depends what u Tryna work for aswel if u could say what it is u wana achieve then more help can be given as one or more than two runes can help with the same goal but b under different influences Also take into consideration the runes are forces of nature and planetary placements can either amplify ur goal or just not like u won't wana use the gebo rune for love when venus is retro

BoRn of fire said:

I have used the planetary mantras for a full chakra meditation before and have had great success doing that, but I’m just looking to switch things up.

I’m thinking:

Base - Nauthiz
Sacral - Tyr
Solar - Sowilo
Heart - Kaun
Throat - Mannaz
6th - ?
Crown - Fehu

I’m already making use of the Eihwaz, Logr, and Dagr runes for other things.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back