Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How to count high reps using only fingers

HPS Lydia

How to count high reps using only fingers:

Each finger on a hand has 3 sections, adding to 12 as there are 4 fingers. 1 pad has finger nail, then the middle pad, then the pad nearest the palm of the hand.

1. Use your thumb to mark each one, starting with your pinky 1x per pad equalling 3x for total on pinky, then the 3 on the ring finger, then middle, then pointer. Do this on your right hand, using your right thumb pad to count on each finger pad (the inside of each finger, of course).

2. When you get to the 12th, mark one pad on your pinky finger on the left hand.

Do the same with the right hand, up to 12, then mark the next pinky finger pad on your left hand. This makes 24.

Do the same, steps 1 and 2, then mark the last pad on your left pinky. This is 36.

Do steps 1 again, mark the first pad on your left ring finger. This is 48. Next finger pad marks 60. Last finger pad on ring finger is 72.

Step 1 again, and then you mark the first finger pad on your left middle finger, this is 84.

Finally, just count 1-4 on your fingers normally. 84+4=88.

To get higher reps, I'm sure you can figure it out. All finger pads on the left hand is 12x12, = 144. Simple math to get the rep number you want. If you want to do 216 reps, do this method to all finger pads on the left hand, and then repeat for 2 additional fingers.

Notes:

-You can switch the hands if it is more comfortable for you, using the left to do the 1-12 reps and the right as a placeholder for the multiples of 12's.

-You can start with your pointer finger and work down to pinky if this feels better.

-You can start with the pad that is closest to the palm, then the middle pad, then the pad with finger nail; or start with the pad that has the finger nail on it and go inwards, whichever works best for you, but stick with the same method every time or you will mess up.

(I hope I have made this as simple as possible)

Remembers me of Sumerian count system, that's how they used to keep count with their hands: Youtube video here.
I have been taught this in school a very long time ago, if i correctly recall. Very useful method when one has to keep track of mantra repetitions

Lydia said:
How to count high reps using only fingers:
Or use binary. Then you can count up to 1,023 using ten fingers.

Finger Retracted = 0
Finger Extended = 1

Hold your hands next to each other with all fingers extended. Then increment starting from the right-most finger (the right pinky).

0000000000 = 0
0000000001 = 1
0000000010 = 2
0000000011 = 3
0000000100 = 4
0000000101 = 5
1111111101 = 1,021
1111111110 = 1,022
1111111111 = 1,023

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_number

Count.png

This is the image I use when I'm describing this method to others. I've been using this method for so, so many years.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back