Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

On balanced diet

Goldenage18

Hi guys
can somebody give me some suggestions on what one should eat in a healthy diet ?
I've always been extremely thin until recently , I never thought to become that fat
So far :lol: .
I've eaten too much without thinking about how this would end up...
Somehow I'm better now but I don't feel like it's going to be healthy to continue like this.
My goal now is to gain muscles and to
Eat the healthiest possible :D .
Thank you in advance

You’ll have to go into a calorie deficit to lose the excess fat. For general health, it’s been discussed much, I would suggest hitting the search function and reading related topics. Basically cut the junk. It’s obvious. This will make a calorie deficit easier. And get some exercise. Again, with muscle growth, use the search function and go to the health forums. All the info is there. Detailed.

Listen to your body while cutting and take refeeds as you need or diet breaks as you need. Weight loss can be a harsh thing for the body depending on the amount you’re attempting to lose so use caution and don’t go dramatic with it. A lot of people lose weight dramatically and then gain it back. The reason is you shocked your body and metabolism rates drop. So tackle this process slowly. You gain the weight slowly. It’s wise to lose it slowly as well. And to reiterate, diet breaks are good and use them to keep hormones and other things at appropriate levels. Working out will help you too keep testosterone in decent ranges and boost metabolism. Muscle needs more energy.

Fat loss- calories that’s it.
Muscle - protein. Workout.

A healthy diet is a diet that:

— is organic
— is seasonal
— is local
— isn't excessive in any of the macronutrients (most diets are excessive in carbs, especially processed carbs such as pasta, bread or pizza)
— contains non-starchy vegetables as the main source of carbohydrates
— is defective in any of the micronutrients (everyone is deficient in magnesium, most people are deficient in other minerals, vitamins and antioxidants, generally you need a value much higher than what most medical doctors recommend because we have deficiency and those recommended values are for healthy people, not people who've been deficients for years or decades)

In your case that you're trying to lose fat, limiting foods with high glycemic index is fundamentals. When you do eat those, be sure to pair them with healthy fat and protein sources.

High GI foods (70 and above): glucose (dextrose, grape sugar), high fructose corn syrup, white bread (only wheat endosperm), most white rice (only rice endosperm), corn flakes, extruded breakfast cereals, maltose, maltodextrins, white potato (83).

Medium GI foods (56-69): white sugar or sucrose, not intact whole wheat or enriched wheat, pita bread, basmati rice, unpeeled boiled potato, grape juice, raisins, prunes, pumpernickel bread, cranberry juice, regular ice cream, banana, sweet potato.

Low GI foods (55 and below): fructose; beans (black, pinto, kidney, lentil, peanut, chickpea); small seeds (sunflower, flax, pumpkin, poppy, sesame, hemp); walnuts, cashews, most whole intact grains (durum/spelt/kamut wheat, millet, oat, rye, rice, barley); most vegetables, most sweet fruits (peaches, strawberries, mangos); tagatose; mushrooms; chilis.

Fruit should be considered as your dessert, because it's a natural dessert and you modern desserts are mostly unhealthy, while fruit is very healthy.

I'd advise a ketogenic diet but that's not for everyone (taste-wise) and it's not budget-friendly. Furthermore, no one who has talked about it here in other topics seems to know anything about it, even those who supposedly tried it but didn't actually eat a ketogenic diet as can be seen by everyone who has sufficiently studied what a ketogenic diet is like and it's not certainly bro-science as it has existed for centuries and it has been used to treat pathologies like epilepsy, seizure, stroke and related, as well as cancer most recently. Furthermore, to be bro-science it would need to be actually promoted by people who attend gym, when it actually is barely heard of in gym and between athletes. I know athletes, military athletes, soldiers and many specific categories in the field, instead of just guessing or "googling" like many people here do.

For the rest, use the search function and also don't neglect to have an active lifestyle with no excuses.

Eric13 said:
You’ll have to go into a calorie deficit to lose the excess fat. For general health, it’s been discussed much, I would suggest hitting the search function and reading related topics. Basically cut the junk. It’s obvious. This will make a calorie deficit easier. And get some exercise. Again, with muscle growth, use the search function and go to the health forums. All the info is there. Detailed.

Listen to your body while cutting and take refeeds as you need or diet breaks as you need. Weight loss can be a harsh thing for the body depending on the amount you’re attempting to lose so use caution and don’t go dramatic with it. A lot of people lose weight dramatically and then gain it back. The reason is you shocked your body and metabolism rates drop. So tackle this process slowly. You gain the weight slowly. It’s wise to lose it slowly as well. And to reiterate, diet breaks are good and use them to keep hormones and other things at appropriate levels. Working out will help you too keep testosterone in decent ranges and boost metabolism. Muscle needs more energy.

Fat loss- calories that’s it.
Muscle - protein. Workout.

I'm wagering it's safe to say that it's better to gradually increase caloric intake to an ideal range in the case where one is seeking to fix calorie deficiency? As in a situation where the body has, albeit unhealthily so, grown accustomed to working with less calories and skipping meals.

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
I'm wagering it's safe to say that it's better to gradually increase caloric intake to an ideal range in the case where one is seeking to fix calorie deficiency? As in a situation where the body has, albeit unhealthily so, grown accustomed to working with less calories and skipping meals.
Yes, but this is also why it’s good to do diet breaks every couple of weeks so this doesn’t happen. Ur, the rune can help as well. Extreme weight loss can sometimes take months to get things back to normal. People in the body building community always deal with that.

To get things back to normal. Eat plenty healthy foods and exercise. You’ll have to be consistent with this as well. Meditation can help depending what you do. The fire element helps with metabolism. The breath of fire as well.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back