Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Questions about Kundalini Yoga

Yagami Light

Website
odysee.com
Hello!! :D :mrgreen: :cool:
I would like to ask 4 questions about Kundalini Yoga, the basic spinal series with the 9 exercises.
1. Since 108 is tied to Saturn, I assume 216 is the way to go? (or less, of course)
2. About the last pose... It says "Do this for at least 3 minites", but what is the maximum? I am currently doing it for 5 minutes.
3. Again about the last pose... After 3 (or 5) minutes are over it says to visualize the energy rising up and out of the top of the head. Do we visualize the energy rising up from the spine or from the middle of the body, where the main chakras are? And, we are basically putting the energy in the 8th chakra, above the head. Is that right?
4 Again about the last pose... :p
The hand position.. the thumbs specifically... Is it different for women and men? Can someone please explain this to me because I'm very sure it's different, but not sure what is the correct one to use.

Thank you for your time! :D

Yagami Light said:
I'm actually curious about most of this as well, so I will let others answer those questions.
For the #1 though I can tell you that most people now use 111 as an alternative. 216 should also be perfectly fine. :)

About the first question i believe 216 it's fine, personally i do 111. As for the 3rd... i believe you visualize (and feel) the energy go all the way up from the spine to the crown chakra, not the 8th. I like to place it there and then meditate on this energy.

Hi.
1. I do 111 reps, as this ties in with the sun.

2. I don't know what the maximum is, but 5 minutes is more than enough.

3. Up the spine. You can put the energy in the 8th chakra, or bring it down along your temple, shoulder, and hip chakras, then back up the spine.

4. I'm male, so I put my left thumb over my right one. I based this of th Merkaba, where men put their left hand over their right, and the opposite for women.
I'm not sure how relevant it really is in this case, but I do it anyway.

Hope this helps.

Hi.
1. I do 111 reps, as this ties in with the sun.

2. I don't know what the maximum is, but 5 minutes is more than enough.

3. Up the spine. You can put the energy in the 8th chakra, or bring it down along your temple, shoulder, and hip chakras, then back up the spine.

4. I'm male, so I put my left thumb over my right one. I based this of th Merkaba, where men put their left hand over their right, and the opposite for women.
I'm not sure how relevant it really is in this case, but I do it anyway.

Hope this helps.

1. There is nothing wrong with doing 108 for this. But 88 or 216 are also good. I think 108 is a great number, just the thing about 108 is you use that when it's something that you do every day. Or every day for at least 40 days so it's permanent. If you do something only one time and use 108, it is not very sturdy so it might fall apart and not work. But when you do it every day, the 108 is very strong and stable, and there are no problems.

2. I don't think there is any maximum, as long as you pay attention to how you feel and if it feels like too much, then stop. 5 minutes is good.

3. Through your entire spine, and all the chakras in your spine. The spine is where the kundalini will live.

4. Do it whatever way is more comfortable for you.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back