Best depiction of Ancient Greece in media yet?

For those who wish to establish a relationship with Satan.

Topics of discussion include: Demons, Magick, Satanic Witchcraft and much more!

http://www.joyofsatan.com / http://www.joyofsatan.org
Egon

Best depiction of Ancient Greece in media yet?

Postby Egon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:51 am

Ancient Greece has always been my favorite "sub-division" of the Ancient Satanic culture. But it seems even though it's the most depicted in movies and such, 99% of media inspired by it is utter garbage. Maybe the only exception was a Disney cartoon about Hercules lol. The 90's Odyssey movie wasn't that great and let alone that cheap Hercules TV series but these were the only "decent" entertainment I had access as a child.

Then Ubisoft launched the next Assassin's Creed game that would be based on Ancient Greece, and it made me very excited even though I'm not into the franchise, and now I found it has a tour mode that is centered in learning and not just a gameplay:

https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=y8rcx4yuqOQ

https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=VRuHLCpOoF0

What are your opinions? I'm considering buying the game, it seems very immersive and beautiful.

Jack

Re: Best depiction of Ancient Greece in media yet?

Postby Jack » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Assassin's creed is about a group of assassins assasinating templar knights for some obtuse reason which I have forgotten because I haven't played it since assassins creed 3.
"He who suffers for my sake,I will surely reward in one of the worlds."
-So saith Satan

https://youtu.be/73UMWoXRbjg (Pink Floyd - Mother)
Hail Zepar!!!
Hail Horus!!!
Hail Vapula!!!
Hail Andramelech Adar Melek(The Glorious King, The Magnificent King)!!!
Hail Satan and the empire of Orion!!!

Larissa666

Postby Larissa666 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Egon wrote:Ancient Greece has always been my favorite "sub-division" of the Ancient Satanic culture. But it seems even though it's the most depicted in movies and such, 99% of media inspired by it is utter garbage. Maybe the only exception was a Disney cartoon about Hercules lol. The 90's Odyssey movie wasn't that great and let alone that cheap Hercules TV series but these were the only "decent" entertainment I had access as a child.

Then Ubisoft launched the next Assassin's Creed game that would be based on Ancient Greece, and it made me very excited even though I'm not into the franchise, and now I found it has a tour mode that is centered in learning and not just a gameplay:

https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=y8rcx4yuqOQ

https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=VRuHLCpOoF0

What are your opinions? I'm considering buying the game, it seems very immersive and beautiful.

Have you played AC Origins? I did.

It also portrayed Ancient Egypt pretty well. Although it was late Ptolemaic Egypt, that has already descended into chaos and got corrupted by enemy.

Of course, there is pinch of leftist crap, couldn’t go without that, other than that, it is pretty much good. And Origins also has Tour Mode, too. You can explore Alexandria, Memphis, Cyrene...many metropolises of that time.

I will have to try Odyssey, too.
Thank You, Lord Azazel!!! Hail to you, The Shining One! Forever!!!

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:25 pm

I played the game, you will kill athenians or spartans(based on your preferences) but it’s a pretty cool game, and very big too.
HAIL TO OUR TRUE INEFFABLE GOD SATAN

TopoftheAbyss

Postby TopoftheAbyss » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:52 pm

I hate Ubisoft. I played most of the assassin's creed saga and after my tastes and critic sense improved I started to hate them when I played Unity. I got really mad in a part where I wasn't seeing who was shooting me. And the camera was annoying, it was like retarded.
That and the fact that far cry 4 is a terrible game made me hate Ubisoft.

Egon

Postby Egon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:25 am

Larissa666 wrote:Have you played AC Origins? I did.

I've seen the trailer and it didn't make me as excited, it bothers me as Egypt is even harder to depict than Greece I think, and the inaccuracies get even worse.

TopoftheAbyss

Postby TopoftheAbyss » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:26 am

I saw people complain that it was politically correct and women were students. It is considered historically inaccurate but we know that ancient Greece was not misogynistic?

Rook

Postby Rook » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:23 pm

I have played the game, it is indeed immersive and beautiful.
There're also multiple endings if i recall correctly.
I think you'll like the story in this, the antagonists are very parallel to the jews.

If you're playing it for the assassin creed experience then you'd be disappointed it's more of an RPG than a stealth game.

It also portrayed Ancient Egypt pretty well. Although it was late Ptolemaic Egypt, that has already descended into chaos and got corrupted by enemy.

Of course, there is pinch of leftist crap, couldn’t go without that, other than that

i didn't play it because i had a feeling they'd portray it wrongly, and that seems to be the case from what i see, ubisoft is known for being very PC.
i liked AC black flag and AC rouge where you get to play as the Templar, but Odyssey was great, only thing holding it back is the retarded ass grind that pretty much gets people to go through their abominable mircotransactions.

Egon

Postby Egon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 pm

TopoftheAbyss wrote:I saw people complain that it was politically correct and women were students. It is considered historically inaccurate but we know that ancient Greece was not misogynistic?

Because you can chose to play as man or a woman (they're warriors because what the game is about) lol how depicting anything positive about females in Ancient Aryan culture is "SJW". Funny though the producers didn't obsess over any "Greeks were all gay" and I heard in the DLC you can go for a romance route that happens to be heterosexual.

Same people who complain about playing a woman in Odyssey didn't complain of the Woker movie writen by kikes however, which totally is not commie crap because it's done "right".

Larissa666

Postby Larissa666 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Rook wrote:I have played the game, it is indeed immersive and beautiful.
There're also multiple endings if i recall correctly.
I think you'll like the story in this, the antagonists are very parallel to the jews.

If you're playing it for the assassin creed experience then you'd be disappointed it's more of an RPG than a stealth game.

Of course, there is pinch of leftist crap, couldn’t go without that, other than that

i didn't play it because i had a feeling they'd portray it wrongly, and that seems to be the case from what i see, ubisoft is known for being very PC.
i liked AC black flag and AC rouge where you get to play as the Templar, but Odyssey was great, only thing holding it back is the retarded ass grind that pretty much gets people to go through their abominable mircotransactions.

I learned about places and people from Egyptian history that I didn’t even know existed. That is enough for me.

As for PC bullshit, such “we wuz kingz” (Bayek of Siwa just had to be black, we all know why, Greeks and Egyptians hating each other, Greeks being deviant pedophiles...etc), I just ignored it.

Larissa666

Postby Larissa666 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Egon wrote:

I've seen the trailer and it didn't make me as excited, it bothers me as Egypt is even harder to depict than Greece I think, and the inaccuracies get even worse.

It is set in Ptolemaic Egypt (around 50 BCE). That’s why it was easier to reconstruct. If they tried to reconstruct Intermediate and Old period, they would just fail miserably.

They really dedicated a lot of attention to detail.

Edelwise

Postby Edelwise » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:30 am

When it comes to video games, the older I get, the more the gameplay seems to be a nuisance that gets in the way of theme and experience. Whereas in high-school I would have died to get my hands on something like AC: Odyssey, these days I can only tolerate metroidvanias and the like. I would much like to explore ancient Athens as a VR experience. There aren't enough of these products out there, unfortunately.