Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The LIE of FASTING

Aldrick Strickland

Many are proporting fasting or intermittent Fasting. This has been one that is going on for a while. The body requires food. I fasted for 2 days once and then hopped on a Body scan. I had lost 5 pounds of muscle and .3 of a pound of fat.

You do not lose fat by not eating. The body will eat itself. It goes for the muscles and organs. So say you dont eat breakfast, then go work out. You are burning off that bicep and going wow I lost 5 pounds!

I have over 200 books on Health stacked on the floor I have read. Yet I will admit that my knowledge on this subject is still lacking. They report health benefits of doing this, but I dont think thats right. I am not one to go well my feelings tell me this isnt right sooo, my opinion says this.

People are so lazy and that is usually what they do. I read endlessly and I take the advice and do it for at least a month. I have been experimenting with Keto and Fasting for over a year now.

Keto I have learned through experience is bunk. I have never had any good experience with Fasting. HOWEVER, my knowledge is still lacking on the subject. If anyone has any good resources on the subject for either its health benefits or ill effects. You may post them here.

I enjoy learning on the subject.

I always mentally facepalm myself whenever I hear/read of people recommending intermittent fasting like it's some kind of miracle method. I tried it for a few weeks like 2 years ago, and it wasnt to special. I did not notice any benefits whatsoever. I just felt really hungry for the last 2 hours before I was "allowed" to eat my first meal of the day.

I think it's bullshit for the most part.

Man I don’t know where you’re getting this diet info. What body scan was it? Those scans can be gloriously inaccurate. Even the most reliable ones like the DEXA . A skilled technician is needed for accurate results. I’ve seen cases of even reputable places giving off results and 5 pounds of muscle loss in two days is impossible. That’s just not how the body works. It won’t waste muscles and organs until fats are depleted. This wouldn’t make sense or before the fats depleted organs like the heart would fail. Sometimes those scans report crazy stuff. Like a guy I knew it showed lost 50 lbs of lean muscle in 3 months. Completely impossible. He was a big dude, but this is impossible no matter what.

The body prioritizes fat burning over muscle. And muscle breakdown for energy doesn’t really occur until fat is depleted. This is deep into starvation. Muscle wasting other wise during a calorie deficit is through a different process, but still isn’t dramatic in most cases.

With fasting, Mageson mentioned the Hunzas of the Himalayas and the 7th day Adventist’s as being some of the healthiest people on the planet. They practice a form of intermittent fasting, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner all before 3-4 pm usually and going a good 17~hours without food. For muscle breakdown to occur and wasting, fasting would need to be beyond this. We’re talking at least 3 days.

Fat loss is directly related to calories in and out and not eating WILL cause fat loss. However that’s not a wise way to go about it cause over time you’ll have to worry about how it’s effecting hormones and getting those back to healthy levels can take time.

First of all Intermittent Fasting only works if one physically trains and if you keep the right fasting window for your needs, which I believe is 16 hours for males but can be tweaked. This means you cover all your daily nutritional needs in the remaining 8 hours and it's easier to do since half of you fasting time is used for sleeping anyway, if you sleep as per average recommendations. Or this is what the books say, at least.

I did that for about three several years ago and I managed to get rid of binge-eating habits during the day and I actually lost fat and relative little muscles, while still having strength gains. Then reverted because it was boring and I didn't want to eat breakfast at 10 and have finished dinner by 18. Late breakfast is not really my thing.

For those who don't train, they'll of course retain more fat as muscle is less utilised. But in diet most things are individual.

Like Shael stated, it's nothing special. One can obtain similar and even better results with other methods.

Shael said:
I always mentally facepalm myself whenever I hear/read of people recommending intermittent fasting like it's some kind of miracle method. I tried it for a few weeks like 2 years ago, and it wasnt to special. I did not notice any benefits whatsoever. I just felt really hungry for the last 2 hours before I was "allowed" to eat my first meal of the day.

I think it's bullshit for the most part.

Right? God that was annoyying. I would wait till 5 pm. I got till I would have my first meal at 8 pm. Dont ask why, because I have to do everything extreme to prove how badass I am.

Anyway, stupid and annoyying.

If you want to know more on how fasting effects fat and muscle loss I’ll briefly explain here. Also I have a thread on the health forums called Muscle Protein Synthesis that gets into this very thoroughly as well.

The main idea of fasting for weight loss is to cut calories, however these shouldn’t be full day fasts. This will effect hormones and your bodies ability to rebuild itself will slow down. Over time this will cause a negative nitrogen balance and small amounts of muscle tissue will be broken down as net neutral balance isn’t met. What this means is as the body is constantly turning over muscle. Breaking and rebuilding, too long of a fast will mean it’s breaking faster than building and you lose muscle. But this is waste muscle that is useless and would be broken down anyway. No matter what your caloric intake.

While in a caloric deficit the body will go for fat primarily for fuel. Only after the energy in the digestive track and glycogen has been exhausted. So intermittent fasting serves you in no way if you eat the same calories as normal but just in a small window. It CAN serve you if you eat your meals in a small window and this allows you to consume less calories. This won’t effect hormones and won’t effect your metabolism negatively. As well attempting to build muscle with this process is possible too if protein levels are met. It isn’t ideal, but there’s no dramatic downside.

Your body will break down muscle for energy when fat reserves are gone. This is after chronic starvation. But as said you CAN lose muscle during the superficial stages of starvation but the process is different. It’s negative protein balance that causes this, but you won’t be wasting away quickly.

To lose fat go in a calorie deficit. However that is achievable for the individual is what they should do. If intermittent fasting works for them than it works for them. My best advice for long term weight loss (3+months) is diet break every couple of weeks. This means stop the cut and eat maintenance level for a week or so. This will make the cut longer but you’ll cause less short term damage to your hormone system and your metabolism. There’s no such thing as long term metabolic damage like some say, but short term it’s a problem. This can help avoid that.

These subjects are literally my life. This is my livelihood. If you have any further questions, please ask and I’ll be glad to explain. And can go into further detail.

Aldrick Strickland said:
Many are proporting fasting or intermittent Fasting. This has been one that is going on for a while. The body requires food. I fasted for 2 days once and then hopped on a Body scan. I had lost 5 pounds of muscle and .3 of a pound of fat.
2-day fast would make you flush most water from your system especially your muscles. The body stores 2 gms of water for every gram of carbohydrate consumed, muscles are mostly made up of water. I doubt the complete accuracy of body scans. A true test would be a test of strength after your fast and your body is normalized to food intake.

Aldrick Strickland said:
Keto I have learned through experience is bunk. I have never had any good experience with Fasting. HOWEVER, my knowledge is still lacking on the subject. If anyone has any good resources on the subject for either its health benefits or ill effects. You may post them here.

Keto really works when a person is obese or has fat percentage of 20% or more. I remember reading your other post that said you were 8 % body fat. That's a bodybuilder fat level before competition.

From experience, fasting(2day) is good for detoxifying the body, helps reduce inflammation, eliminates parasites/infections (they die because of no food). It is like heavy maintenance.

I do IF mostly i.e. eat two meals a day. I find it convenient to manage only 2 meals, but I have decent portion sizes and eat more than my recommended calorie intake for the day. My blood sugar levels are way more stable and I don't get the highs and lows. This helps with my productivity.

I don't think fasting/IF is a one size fits all solution. Just like a power meditation program. There is a lot of factors in play. Human body is amazing and is capable of adapting to any scenarios.

I tried carnivore for 3 weeks, took 4 days for the body to adjust. I started pooping after 2 days, which is not good. My focus and energy levels were surreal!! It felt like a mild trance with light euphoria all the time. My gums started hurting after 2 weeks, because of all the chewing of meat. I'm south asian background, rice/ carbohydrates has been a staple for all my life. I couldn't not eat rice forever. Massive temptation for sweets and carbs crept in, I caved. I think my body was saying carbs are easier to process than fat (in my case).

Aldrick Strickland said:

Full fasts are better are preventing muscle lost than calorie restrictions or intermittent fasting. The best aspect of health deserving of focus is on your light environment. From a quantum-bio standpoint, nothing tops it. The metabolic clock in your eye controls all other clocks in the body. In addition, sunlight directly creates certain hormones through the eye by way of E=MC^2, as the eye can slow and trap UV light and turn it into dopamine, melatonin, serotonin, and other chemicals. Blue light, on the other hand, directly causes mitochondrial disease, as it is alien to the body. It directly causes insulin resistance and other metabolic disfunction.

Please watch the below videos. Even within 15 minutes of viewing, you will immediately understand the large implications involved. Thanks.

This is the 2017 presentation by Dr. Jack Kruse focusing on light and the eye:

https://youtu.be/d7qjh4BIGbc

Skip to the 15:00 mark if you wish to skip his intro, although it may still prove interesting.

This is his 2018 presentation focusing on light and the skin:

https://youtu.be/bigIXbLBK1A

Look how muscular Father Satan is. I do not believe that he fasts at all xD
We need the Gaiinz guys! Spiritual gaiiinz and of course the muscleeee gaiiinnzzzz!

Blitzkreig said:
Aldrick Strickland said:

Full fasts are better are preventing muscle lost than calorie restrictions or intermittent fasting. The best aspect of health deserving of focus is on your light environment. From a quantum-bio standpoint, nothing tops it. The metabolic clock in your eye controls all other clocks in the body. In addition, sunlight directly creates certain hormones through the eye by way of E=MC^2, as the eye can slow and trap UV light and turn it into dopamine, melatonin, serotonin, and other chemicals. Blue light, on the other hand, directly causes mitochondrial disease, as it is alien to the body. It directly causes insulin resistance and other metabolic disfunction.

Please watch the below videos. Even within 15 minutes of viewing, you will immediately understand the large implications involved. Thanks.

This is the 2017 presentation by Dr. Jack Kruse focusing on light and the eye:

https://youtu.be/d7qjh4BIGbc

Skip to the 15:00 mark if you wish to skip his intro, although it may still prove interesting.

This is his 2018 presentation focusing on light and the skin:

https://youtu.be/bigIXbLBK1A

Ive read alot of jack kruze books. He looks and feels like a jew. Just cuz one guy utters nonsense doesnt automatically make it true. There are 50 other Doctors who speak with the same assuredness. All contridicting each other ofcourse.

Eat when you are hungry. Drink when you are thirsty. Sleep when you are tired. Why would you need someone else, or some outside imposed structure, to tell you when to do something that your body is already telling you to do it now? It's the easiest thing ever.

Eric13 said:
If you want to know more on how fasting effects fat and muscle loss I’ll briefly explain here. Also I have a thread on the health forums called Muscle Protein Synthesis that gets into this very thoroughly as well.

The main idea of fasting for weight loss is to cut calories, however these shouldn’t be full day fasts. This will effect hormones and your bodies ability to rebuild itself will slow down. Over time this will cause a negative nitrogen balance and small amounts of muscle tissue will be broken down as net neutral balance isn’t met. What this means is as the body is constantly turning over muscle. Breaking and rebuilding, too long of a fast will mean it’s breaking faster than building and you lose muscle. But this is waste muscle that is useless and would be broken down anyway. No matter what your caloric intake.

While in a caloric deficit the body will go for fat primarily for fuel. Only after the energy in the digestive track and glycogen has been exhausted. So intermittent fasting serves you in no way if you eat the same calories as normal but just in a small window. It CAN serve you if you eat your meals in a small window and this allows you to consume less calories. This won’t effect hormones and won’t effect your metabolism negatively. As well attempting to build muscle with this process is possible too if protein levels are met. It isn’t ideal, but there’s no dramatic downside.

Your body will break down muscle for energy when fat reserves are gone. This is after chronic starvation. But as said you CAN lose muscle during the superficial stages of starvation but the process is different. It’s negative protein balance that causes this, but you won’t be wasting away quickly.

To lose fat go in a calorie deficit. However that is achievable for the individual is what they should do. If intermittent fasting works for them than it works for them. My best advice for long term weight loss (3+months) is diet break every couple of weeks. This means stop the cut and eat maintenance level for a week or so. This will make the cut longer but you’ll cause less short term damage to your hormone system and your metabolism. There’s no such thing as long term metabolic damage like some say, but short term it’s a problem. This can help avoid that.

These subjects are literally my life. This is my livelihood. If you have any further questions, please ask and I’ll be glad to explain. And can go into further detail.

Ohh nice reply. Yes I would like to understand it more. I have only heard pro fasting arguments mainly. If you have any sources.

Its your lively hood? What do you do exactly?

Liberate4free666 said:
Aldrick Strickland said:
2-day fast would make you flush most water from your system especially your muscles. The body stores 2 gms of water for every gram of carbohydrate consumed, muscles are mostly made up of water. I doubt the complete accuracy of body scans. A true test would be a test of strength after your fast and your body is normalized to food intake.

Aldrick Strickland said:

Keto really works when a person is obese or has fat percentage of 20% or more. I remember reading your other post that said you were 8 % body fat. That's a bodybuilder fat level before competition.

From experience, fasting(2day) is good for detoxifying the body, helps reduce inflammation, eliminates parasites/infections (they die because of no food). It is like heavy maintenance.

I do IF mostly i.e. eat two meals a day. I find it convenient to manage only 2 meals, but I have decent portion sizes and eat more than my recommended calorie intake for the day. My blood sugar levels are way more stable and I don't get the highs and lows. This helps with my productivity.

I don't think fasting/IF is a one size fits all solution. Just like a power meditation program. There is a lot of factors in play. Human body is amazing and is capable of adapting to any scenarios.

I tried carnivore for 3 weeks, took 4 days for the body to adjust. I started pooping after 2 days, which is not good. My focus and energy levels were surreal!! It felt like a mild trance with light euphoria all the time. My gums started hurting after 2 weeks, because of all the chewing of meat. I'm south asian background, rice/ carbohydrates has been a staple for all my life. I couldn't not eat rice forever. Massive temptation for sweets and carbs crept in, I caved. I think my body was saying carbs are easier to process than fat (in my case).

Wow you mean if I work out and eat a strict diet like those people called body builders I would have a low body fat percentage. Youre lying, I dont believe you.

Aldrick Strickland said:
Ive read alot of jack kruze books. He looks and feels like a jew. Just cuz one guy utters nonsense doesnt automatically make it true. There are 50 other Doctors who speak with the same assuredness. All contridicting each other ofcourse.

I don't understand how you can say that? His presentations speak for themselves, built up the research done by others, as well as the basis in quantum mechanics. Besides, he only has 1 or 2 books, to my knowledge. Did you mean to say blogs?

As far as his ancestry goes, he says he is German, and that his familial last name was Kruser. I don't think he looks Jewish at all, so I am curious why you say that. His wife is not Jewish, either.

He is telling you that the sun is powerful and can heal you readily. Is that not one of the aspects of the swastika? In addition, what kind of Jew would tell you that? They would try and sell you a pill, not tell you to act in accordance with nature. It is my opinion that you rushed your judgement of him.

You just have to see how fasting is promoted by all religions and jewish cults such as xianity, pisslam and new age.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Eat when you are hungry. Drink when you are thirsty. Sleep when you are tired. Why would you need someone else, or some outside imposed structure, to tell you when to do something that your body is already telling you to do it now? It's the easiest thing ever.

Yes! I don't think this is supposed to be a science x)
Just focus on what your body wants to tell you, but be honest with yourself. Follow how your body reacts to some foods and drinks eventually, your body knows what is bad and what is not.

I used to listen to others and it just got me ruined. I would try those diets a bit, everytime just a problems. Everybody wanna play a scientist, everbody knows what I need more than myself. Well that's a bullshit. Yeah I know my mistakes that I make sometimes and I fix it when I want to, I don't need anybody to tell me when I'm not okay and when is something bad going on with me. I just need to pay more attention. We are all different and with different needs....

Blitzkreig said:
Aldrick Strickland said:

I don't understand how you can say that? His presentations speak for themselves, built up the research done by others, as well as the basis in quantum mechanics. Besides, he only has 1 or 2 books, to my knowledge. Did you mean to say blogs?

As far as his ancestry goes, he says he is German, and that his familial last name was Kruser. I don't think he looks Jewish at all, so I am curious why you say that. His wife is not Jewish, either.

He is telling you that the sun is powerful and can heal you readily. Is that not one of the aspects of the swastika? In addition, what kind of Jew would tell you that? They would try and sell you a pill, not tell you to act in accordance with nature. It is my opinion that you rushed your judgement of him.

Really he might be white but I dont think so. But oy vey if we just eat from the swastika sun, we dont need food. Yeah if we are advanced enough for that to be the case.

Aldrick Strickland said:
Ohh nice reply. Yes I would like to understand it more. I have only heard pro fasting arguments mainly. If you have any sources.

Its your lively hood? What do you do exactly?
Something that I’ve learned probably the most from recently is the Jeff Nippard podcast. He is trainer/nutrition expert and has scientists and other nutritionists and experts on for very in-depth conversations on all the different facets of nutrition, diet and training. Very informative. I often listen while meditating in the background.

Seventh Day Adventist community does not eat junk food diets and they don't do drugs or booze and they eat unprocessed foods so they are healthy.

Fasting will weaken the body if done long enough. Eat when your hungry and eat something health and don't over eat.

Wotanwarrior said:
You just have to see how fasting is promoted by all religions and jewish cults such as xianity, pisslam and new age.

So fasting makes it to where youre not hungry. You can go longer and longer. Its 5 pm youre just getting hungry. If you eat in the morning, youre hungry again by noon. Heres the problem....

If your metabolism is slowing down, you are gonna be less and less hungry. When you eat breakfast your metabolism speeds up. Food speeds up the metabolism.

Which means you burn more and thus require more food. Just like when you were a teenager and could eat every two hours.

So is not being hungry really such a good thing?

Aldrick Strickland said:
So fasting makes it to where youre not hungry. You can go longer and longer. Its 5 pm youre just getting hungry. If you eat in the morning, youre hungry again by noon. Heres the problem....

If your metabolism is slowing down, you are gonna be less and less hungry. When you eat breakfast your metabolism speeds up. Food speeds up the metabolism.

Which means you burn more and thus require more food. Just like when you were a teenager and could eat every two hours.

So this point is brought up a lot and it’s the reason you see people advocating like 6 small meals a day. This theory doesn’t hold though, cause the metabolic boost after eating is commensurate with the quantity of calories consumed.

So to break that down and make it clearer what I’m saying, let’s give an example. Say a person eats 3000 calories in a day, but in 3 meals. So 1000/meal. Each meal will give a metabolic boost corresponding in size to the calorie intake. So 3 large boosts. If you divided into 6 meals a day at 500/meal then you’d get six smaller metabolic boosts instead. The overall daily metabolic boost however would be the same with the three meal and the 6 meals. So eating more frequently or less has no impact. AS LONG as the we’re talking about food consumed within a 24 hour period.

Eating no meals in day for more than a few days and you’ll see a heavy negative impact on metabolism. As well, it’s a chain reaction and many systems in the body will be effected over time. Full day fasts are not good for the body. Short term fasting, however, like just eating your daily meals in a small 6-7 hour window, won’t negatively effect metabolism. But looking at all these factors, I think what’s the point? Why eat in a small window? The only potential benefit is to help reduce daily calorie intake for weight loss. That’s up to the individual, like I said if it works for them. And if it does work for them then it’s fine. It won’t weaken the body. I believe Mageson was referring to full day fasts. Those CAN be dangerous and WILL weaken the body. Your body needs daily nutrients to operate. There’s a cycle the body works within.

(And I just enjoy talking about this stuff, don’t mean to hijack your thread)

Aldrick Strickland said:
Really he might be white but I dont think so. But oy vey if we just eat from the swastika sun, we dont need food. Yeah if we are advanced enough for that to be the case.

You realize the Sun is free, right? Plants are fully capable of photosynthesis, and their chloroplasts turn towards sunlight to absorb sunlight to derive energy. Turns out your body is also capable of deriving a significant (not all) of its energy requirement from the sun itself, as the sunlight speeds up the mitochondria, making the electron chain transport more efficient, thereby making better use of food electrons. In addition, IRa light from the sun is capable of spinning the ATPase cytochrome without needing food electrons, thereby allowing further derivation of food from sunlight.

Turns out that our hemoglobin are very similar in structure to chloroplasts, and are capable of absorbing UV light, as even exhibit rotation towards UV light hitting the skin. Leptin, a endocrine signal of the energy of the body that then governs appetite, is created by subcutaneous fat, which is exposed to sunlight, and the leptin itself is largely composed of aromatic amino acids. These amino acids contain benzene rings which act as photon traps. What this alludes to is the leptin is telling the brain how much sunlight you absorbed and how much food you therefore need to eat to make up the rest. You cannot be 100% food free, but you can significantly offset the amount of food you need through making use of the sun itself.

I don't know, from all that, why you would take that as a bad thing and think he is a Jew just trying to scam you. He is saying we are living in clown world where people are sun deficient and weak. He talks about how AM sunlight generates dopamine in the eye, and said dopamine is responsible for enhanced dopamine. Those that miss out on this dopamine "can have thoughts put in their heads".

Eric13 said:
Aldrick Strickland said:

So this point is brought up a lot and it’s the reason you see people advocating like 6 small meals a day. This theory doesn’t hold though, cause the metabolic boost after eating is commensurate with the quantity of calories consumed.

So to break that down and make it clearer what I’m saying, let’s give an example. Say a person eats 3000 calories in a day, but in 3 meals. So 1000/meal. Each meal will give a metabolic boost corresponding in size to the calorie intake. So 3 large boosts. If you divided into 6 meals a day at 500/meal then you’d get six smaller metabolic boosts instead. The overall daily metabolic boost however would be the same with the three meal and the 6 meals. So eating more frequently or less has no impact. AS LONG as the we’re talking about food consumed within a 24 hour period.

Eating no meals in day for more than a few days and you’ll see a heavy negative impact on metabolism. As well, it’s a chain reaction and many systems in the body will be effected over time. Full day fasts are not good for the body. Short term fasting, however, like just eating your daily meals in a small 6-7 hour window, won’t negatively effect metabolism. But looking at all these factors, I think what’s the point? Why eat in a small window? The only potential benefit is to help reduce daily calorie intake for weight loss. That’s up to the individual, like I said if it works for them. And if it does work for them then it’s fine. It won’t weaken the body. I believe Mageson was referring to full day fasts. Those CAN be dangerous and WILL weaken the body. Your body needs daily nutrients to operate. There’s a cycle the body works within.

(And I just enjoy talking about this stuff, don’t mean to hijack your thread)

Nah thats why I made it. You talk good science.

Aldrick Strickland said:
Wotanwarrior said:

It is a defense mechanism: your body with food shortages by reducing calories or with fasting reacts slowing down your metabolism to try to survive.

Aldrick Strickland said:
Wow you mean if I work out and eat a strict diet like those people called body builders I would have a low body fat percentage. Youre lying, I dont believe you.

That's not point made here, you are shooting off on a tangent. Who can survive better on a fast, fat person or one with body fat in single digits? Just because you tried fasting and it didn't give you the results you expected doesn't outright negate and become " Fasting is a lie". Even a normal person fasts between dinner and breakfast.

Liberate4free666 said:
Aldrick Strickland said:

That's not point made here, you are shooting off on a tangent. Who can survive better on a fast, fat person or one with body fat in single digits? Just because you tried fasting and it didn't give you the results you expected doesn't outright negate and become " Fasting is a lie". Even a normal person fasts between dinner and breakfast.

Thats right cling to your little Ideas that arint saw. You're Wrong.

Gasp. Tell me some more how you think you need to be right. Scream. Ahhh.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back