Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Void Meditation (Clearing mind)

So I've been practicing Void Meditation to help with concentration. I have now in my mind mastered the ability to relax my body which I got from a Lucid Dreaming site I've been reading that instructs to start from your toes and visualize them melting into the bed and work my way up. I tend to do it twice but the first "scan" of my entire body is already enough and I feel very relaxed.

Well to get to the point, after my body is completely relaxed I start focusing on my mind, I would visualize a black hole in my mind and not only visualize but feel the thoughts being sucked into it. After a few times of doing this the intruding thought disappears but as I keep breathing an entirely new thought comes in, I do the same with that one a new one comes in. I finish that one and technically I'm back at square cause the first thought I got rid of replaces the previous one. I have even visualized myself vacuuming the thoughts up with a vacuum cleaner and this is similar to the black hole method but still the same outcome.

So my question is, is it normal for my mind to do this? It's a little irritating but nothing over the top that I have to stop my meditation exercise cause I cant get rid of 3 individual thoughts. I'm using void meditation to improve concentration for visualization, which I have been struggling with but am seemingly getting better with small visualization techniques and now am able to relax my entire body with visualization and feel alone.

HAIL SATAN AND ALL THOSE ALLIED TO HIM :smile:

NoCreativeNameHereV2 said:
The trick with the black-hole method (and any other one really) is to have it there, active, without requiring your focus. If you need the focus on the thought in order to make it disappear, then this will make everything a lot harder. You need to visualize the black hole there, and then let it go. Just leave it there, focusing only on the fact that it sucks in any and all thoughts that may try to pop up instantly. It should be more in the background, and the individual thoughts should not receive any attention from you whatsoever. :)

Void meditation is about laser-focus on one single thing, not emptying one's mind as New Age websites and other people here improperly call it, as it's impossible to think of nothing. If intruding thoughts, you just bring back the focus to what you've decided to focus on at the start of the exercise.

Nothing wrong with thoughts coming and going. The important thing is bring your focus back to your object, or feeling or thought or parto of the soul or whatever you decided to void meditate on. It can take time to acquire mental self-disciplined depending on the individual and your current situation. So all normal. Keep practicing and you'll be able to stay focused for longer periods of time.

Ok so i know others will have their own sayings from experience.

I want to say is dont micro manage your thoughts which is what you doing.

It's completely normal for thoughts to come in and flow. Just let them flow naturally and bring yourself to focus on whatever you choose to focus on. This is a natural way for your mind to be cleared.

Thoughts and images are going to come anyway but with practice with void meditation and whatever method you use, you'll see it starts to reduce in time and your focus/concentration starts becoming sharp.

I used to micro manage and try clearing my like you doing but then it never ends and gets exhausting because thoughts flow anyway so dont try push it out or get rid of them.

I'm just speaking from my experience and what helped me. Some might disagree with me.

Your problem is, you are visualizing too much. Void meditation means literally that, to void any and all thoughts from your mind.

Visualization is also a form of thought, you are using your mind to create an image and use that image to guide energy or your thoughts, etc.

With void meditation the key is to totally empty the mind, of any and all thoughts, images, visuals, memories and be completely blank and empty.

It takes getting used to, but the best way to do it is to simply ignore all thoughts, don’t try to push them out consciously or visualize them going away, just let them drift out of your consciousness, and ignore them, also ignore any feelings from your body, like an itch or something if you feel that during void, and let everything empty out.

When you first start more and more things will keep popping up in your mind, and it can take up to an hour or more to achieve complete stillness and void, however as you do it more often less thoughts will dwell on your mind and less things will come up, until you can eventually void anywhere at any time, even in the middle of a busy place with dozens of people around making lots of noise.

I find it hard to explain, but the moment you totally void your mind, it gives a unique feeling of stillness and calm that is unlike anything else, it’s different from trance as you are still conscious and in deep concentration rather than slipping into a subconscious trance state.

Mastering void will help you enter trance and help you visualize, as with an empty mind you won’t be distracted by anything and thus can visualize exactly what you want without any other thoughts influencing you or interfering.

It also helps you slip into trance if you void first, and then trance.

You should real more of the JoyofSatan in regards to Void meditation, Trance, the mind, lucid dreaming, etc. There is extensive coverage unlike anywhere else on the JoS website about all of this.

Don't take this advice as gospel, as I'm sure someone more experienced than myself will chime in, but what you are dealing with is extremely common, natural, and nothing to worry about. This is especially true for the novice. Even individuals who are extremely comfortable with and experienced with Void Meditation will have intrusive thoughts or background noise thoughts. Do you know what they do when this happens? Absolutely nothing. Hope this helps.

Stormblood said:
Void meditation is about laser-focus on one single thing, not emptying one's mind as New Age websites and other people here improperly call it, as it's impossible to think of nothing.
It's funny you'd mention the New Age here, as the statement of "it's impossible to not think anything" is an extrmely common thing that is spread around in all the jew-infested communities. Why? Because this subconsciously plants the belief that you always "must" think of something. Saying these things is not only competely wrong, but also harmful.

It is completely and totally possible to think of nothing. If one wants to get hypocritical with this, they could say that "even in those cases, you are thinking of not thinking anything", but this statement is contradictory in itself.

Void meditation can be about focusing on one specific thing, like a point on the wall or an affirmation or whatever, but it can also be about simply having a completely still and thoughtless mind. The former is known as "advanced void meditation", whereas the latter is the basic version. Please do not come here to try and villify the basic version just because you may not use it. Stilling the mind for a few minutes every day has its benefits too, as it lets the mind rest and still works to train control over the mind on top of this. And yes, even in this case you are "focusing" on something - you are focusing on keeping your mind still and not thinking of anything. "Meditating on the void", or "Void Meditation", if you will.

Shael said:
The trick with the black-hole method (and any other one really) is to have it there, active, without requiring your focus. If you need the focus on the thought in order to make it disappear, then this will make everything a lot harder. You need to visualize the black hole there, and then let it go. Just leave it there, focusing only on the fact that it sucks in any and all thoughts that may try to pop up instantly. It should be more in the background, and the individual thoughts should not receive any attention from you whatsoever. :)

Thank you I understand now, I was having 6 thoughts in my head but not at the same time or else it would've been significantly more difficult. But the first 3 thoughts were easy to silence since they were just thoughts from a video I was watching just before I did it, its just the last 3 which were musical thoughts which are way harder for me to silent and I couldn't help but focus on them which is what you pointed out. So after I finish visualized my body "melting" in my bed which I like to do a couple times to make sure I'm fully relaxed, I will follow your advice on the black-hole method :)

Stormblood said:
Void meditation is about laser-focus on one single thing, not emptying one's mind as New Age websites and other people here improperly call it, as it's impossible to think of nothing. If intruding thoughts, you just bring back the focus to what you've decided to focus on at the start of the exercise.

Nothing wrong with thoughts coming and going. The important thing is bring your focus back to your object, or feeling or thought or parto of the soul or whatever you decided to void meditate on. It can take time to acquire mental self-disciplined depending on the individual and your current situation. So all normal. Keep practicing and you'll be able to stay focused for longer periods of time.

So should I start incorporating the Flame Meditation into my routine? I do it, just not as much as Void Meditation cause that is my top priority in terms of meditating. Perhaps I could focus on a sound like it states on the Void Meditation page? or something else regarding that fact.

RoseWolf said:

It's completely normal for thoughts to come in and flow. Just let them flow naturally and bring yourself to focus on whatever you choose to focus on. This is a natural way for your mind to be cleared.

Thoughts and images are going to come anyway but with practice with void meditation and whatever method you use, you'll see it starts to reduce in time and your focus/concentration starts becoming sharp.

I used to micro manage and try clearing my like you doing but then it never ends and gets exhausting because thoughts flow anyway so dont try push it out or get rid of them.

I'm just speaking from my experience and what helped me. Some might disagree with me.

I completely agree with you, this is only a first for me so its not exhausting as you said but just rather confusing. As you mentioned with focusing on an object,sound,feeling or emotion. I'll start focusing on a single sound. I've done it before but I thought it might be helpful if I visualized my thoughts disappearing and my mind being clear as per the black-hole method. But maybe if I just visualize the black hole and go back to focusing on a single sound while at the same time believing the thoughts are being sucked into the black-hole a clear mind may come faster. :)

Aquarius said:
It doesent take a day to master void meditation.

Hahahaha, I know that buddy if that was the case I wouldn't be here asking question and advice about Void Meditation. But thanks to everyones advice on how I should deal with it, including your advice I now have a understanding on what I should do and not have this mindset that'll only take one meditation session to clear my mind of thoughts and master Void Meditation :)

VoiceofEnki said:
Your problem is, you are visualizing too much. Void meditation means literally that, to void any and all thoughts from your mind.

Visualization is also a form of thought, you are using your mind to create an image and use that image to guide energy or your thoughts, etc.

With void meditation the key is to totally empty the mind, of any and all thoughts, images, visuals, memories and be completely blank and empty.

It takes getting used to, but the best way to do it is to simply ignore all thoughts, don’t try to push them out consciously or visualize them going away, just let them drift out of your consciousness, and ignore them, also ignore any feelings from your body, like an itch or something if you feel that during void, and let everything empty out.

When you first start more and more things will keep popping up in your mind, and it can take up to an hour or more to achieve complete stillness and void, however as you do it more often less thoughts will dwell on your mind and less things will come up, until you can eventually void anywhere at any time, even in the middle of a busy place with dozens of people around making lots of noise.

I find it hard to explain, but the moment you totally void your mind, it gives a unique feeling of stillness and calm that is unlike anything else, it’s different from trance as you are still conscious and in deep concentration rather than slipping into a subconscious trance state.

Mastering void will help you enter trance and help you visualize, as with an empty mind you won’t be distracted by anything and thus can visualize exactly what you want without any other thoughts influencing you or interfering.

You should real more of the JoyofSatan in regards to Void meditation, Trance, the mind, lucid dreaming, etc. There is extensive coverage unlike anywhere else on the JoS website about all of this.

I agree with you that I was visualizing too much, every time I would clear the 3 individual thoughts(musical) with the black-hole method I changed to a vacuum cleaning method and I just kept alternating between them 2 cause they kept delivering the same outcome so there's a problem I need to treat.

I know exactly what you mean by the unique feeling of stillness and calm. This was a one time thing, but I managed to clear my mind of all thoughts which seemed like 5 minutes(3 minutes during meditation and 2 minutes after I finished my meditation practice) and to this day I'm still wondering how I managed to do it. But I hope I can figure out I did it, and stay in meditation with a silent mind for longer. If I wasn't stressing about my breathing then I may have been able to enter a trance state, but truth be told just cause I wouldnt controlled my breathing better doesnt mean I'll enter the trance state on the first attempt :)

Vitalus said:
Don't take this advice as gospel, as I'm sure someone more experienced than myself will chime in, but what you are dealing with is extremely common, natural, and nothing to worry about. This is especially true for the novice. Even individuals who are extremely comfortable with and experienced with Void Meditation will have intrusive thoughts or background noise thoughts. Do you know what they do when this happens? Absolutely nothing. Hope this helps.

I tend to focus on a single sound, its almost got me to trance twice once. But if I didnt get terrified of the feeling I had I may have been able to enter a trance state. But just cause I'm able to enter the trance-state doesnt mean I'll be able to focus for long periods, since trance - especially deep trance which is what my goal is takes a lot of concentration and willpower. :)

Stormblood said:

No offense Stormblood, but you might want to read the Satanic Void meditation page on the JoS again.

Here's an excerpt, as a reminder:

"There are several techniques for void meditation. The goal is to turn off all of your thoughts and focus on the here and now. You get your mind to be completely still for a specified length of time. In the beginning, this can be extremely difficult, as thoughts will come into your head continually. Before you know it, you will again be thinking about something. Don't get upset with yourself as this is very normal and even for advanced practitioners, certain meditation sessions may not go as smooth as usual. Just keep bringing your mind back to focus. Patience and persistence are the keys here. It definitely helps to do some breathing exercises beforehand to induce a trance state. Some people find meditating after a heavy meal causes the mind to be easily distracted."

While it says it's normal for thoughts to come and go, the goal is for your mind to be completely still, and for no thoughts to be on your mind whatsoever for a specified amount of time, if the Void meditation session goes well.

You focus on the here and now, with total mental stillness.

There is advanced void meditation, as explained on the page, where you focus on something specific for a specific amount of time instead of total stillness: https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Void_Meditation.html

Also to correct myself, I said in my previous reply here:

But, on the JoS page it advice's you to do breathing exercises first to induce a trance State, so it should be the opposite of what I wrote, I stand corrected.

Shael said:
Stormblood said:

I dont want to be rude here or disrespectful, but I agree with Shael that it is possible to empty your mind of any thoughts. I've done it once before and it gave me a very good feeling of calmness and stillness but I'm completely stumped on how I did it and to this day, I'm still wondering how I managed to do it.

Another question directed to Shael regarding "Meditating on the Void" Should I replace the black-hole method with visualizing a void instead? Say visualize my mind as a void and go straight to focusing on a (my preferred medium for focus) sound while at same time believing my mind is a void?

Stop trying to force yourself to not have any thoughts, that's the hard way to do it. Sit there and just observe your senses. Just watch what sounds you are hearing around you, watch what is happening in front of you visually. But don't think about what you are sensing, just calmly observe these senses. Let the sounds go in your ears, let the colors go in your eyes, but don't add any of your own thinking or attention over it. Just calmly observe. This way is so easy to do after a little practice. It's a feeling to me like my conscious, or the location in my head that the focus is coming from, feels like it moves backward a couple inches. And it is now just watching calmly instead of actively thinking.

But doing it the way of trying to force your mind "Stop thinking! Don't think about anything!" That way is almost impossible. Because the action of you trying to not think about it, that is taking even more attention and more thinking to do that. It's like pushing it the opposite way you want it to go, and just hoping for it to still work.

Another question directed to Shael regarding "Meditating on the Void" Should I replace the black-hole method with visualizing a void instead? Say visualize my mind as a void and go straight to focusing on a (my preferred medium for focus) sound while at same time believing my mind is a void?
Basically what the black hole method is supposed to do is to help guide you into this state of thinking about nothing. It should only be visualized initially, and then later disappear completely. This whole visualization of the black hole is only to get your mind into the "mode" that 'every thought that appears is immediately swallowed by the black hole and disapears'. After the initial visualization, you don't actually pay any mind to the black hole or even visualize it. You just focus on the calmness and stillness of your mind.

And yes, you do not "need" to use this method in any way. It's just something that can potentially help to make things easier. If it works better for you to just focus only on a void in your mind, then this is completely fine too. :)

Oh and also, I just had a nice idea for a metaphor to describe this so I thought I should share it.

Imagine it like thoughts are formed from a continuous stream of water that is lead by some pipe and flows into your brain. As the water arrives, new thoughts are formed and pop up in your brain. The black-hole method (and any other method for this purpose) essentially creates a second pipe that brances off from the first one. It leads that water into nothingness, so it never even arrives in your brain in the first place. Imagine it like two branching paths, and the one to your brain is completely sealed off for as long as you desire it.
Once this initial structure has been built, there is no need to give it any thought or attention anymore. You just relax and think of nothing, knowing that in the background this structure is preventing any and all thoughts from manifesting.

You can visualize this any way you want. The above is just to explain the general concept behind it. :)

So should I start incorporating the Flame Meditation into my routine? I do it, just not as much as Void Meditation cause that is my top priority in terms of meditating. Perhaps I could focus on a sound like it states on the Void Meditation page? or something else regarding that fact.
Flame meditation is a form of void meditation. Just follow what's on the void meditation page and choose for yourself how to deal with it.

VoiceofEnki said:
No offence taken. However, it also says this:

FOR MEDITATION WITH YOUR EYES OPEN:
Choose something small to focus on. This can be a point on the wall, a second hand on a clock, or even a piece of lint on your clothing. Many choose to meditate on a candle flame. The important thing is to concentrate on your object of choice

A beginner always starts with the eyes open as suggested in the 40 days programme.

Shael said:
Stormblood said:

I dont want to be rude here or disrespectful, but I agree with Shael that it is possible to empty your mind of any thoughts. I've done it once before and it gave me a very good feeling of calmness and stillness but I'm completely stumped on how I did it and to this day, I'm still wondering how I managed to do it.

You're not being. But it seems the problem is here with you and the other two replying is the concept of thought. Even if you focus on a feeling, on your soul, whatever it's going on in the here and now... That's still thinking. Of one thing, but still thinking. That's why I said it's impossible. Now, I won't argue about this. So everyone, please stop quoting me. We'll have to agree to disagree.

RoseWolf said:

I completely agree with you, this is only a first for me so its not exhausting as you said but just rather confusing. As you mentioned with focusing on an object,sound,feeling or emotion. I'll start focusing on a single sound. I've done it before but I thought it might be helpful if I visualized my thoughts disappearing and my mind being clear as per the black-hole method. But maybe if I just visualize the black hole and go back to focusing on a single sound while at the same time believing the thoughts are being sucked into the black-hole a clear mind may come faster. :)

Well if it works for then great! ^^
I guess it's just me that got exhausted from clearing my mind all the time xd It was the past.

I find been present and using my senses helpful and just sitting outside and closing my eyes and listening to bird sounds and cars and dogs helpful too and very relaxing. Or just drinking a cup of Tea/coffee very slowly and focusing on the taste and been grateful for the invention. Makes you enjoy it more.

I always find my mind want to rush so i take advantage and slow down.

VoiceofEnki said:
... What void is...

What about when a voided moment comes in such as no thoughts for a few seconds(which sometimes happens). And you break the void by thinking somewhere in the back regions of your mind. As am I doing it? if I'm there doing it and my mind feels weird about it and wants to know if I'm doing it, hope you understand.

I'm not a void expert or anything in fact I've probably ignored void for way too long. But recently after the whole Yom Kippur situation. I began to dial down my meditations and keep it more simple.

Also as someone who is a thinker and likes to think a lot. Doesn't the act of performing mindfulness(void) get ruined by the amount of time I think?

If I spend two 20 minute sessions learning to void per day as I've been doing now for a few days; one to start my day another to wind down in the evening. Doesn't the amount of hours that I am using my mind cause me to lose out on void potential? Or is meditation so strong as long as you do it, things occur subtly but greatly.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back