Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Yahoo! Groups announcement

FancyMancy

Those of you on there recently would have seen this.

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Learn More

Yahoo Groups will no longer allow users to upload content - Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups, when the changes happen, and how to keep your important content.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true

Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups
Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

What features will go away?
  • Files
  • Polls
  • Links
  • Photos
  • Folders
  • Calendar
  • Database
  • Attachments
  • Conversations
  • Email Updates
  • Message Digest
  • Message History

What will happen to the site?
The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be made private or restricted. Any new group members will need to request an invite or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be able to manage various group settings, though some functionality will be limited.

What will happen on October 21st?
On October 21st, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.

How can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?
Photos and files can be saved right from the Yahoo Groups site, or you can download your data from the Privacy Dashboard.

Will I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?
You'll still be able to communicate with your groups via email and search for private groups on the site. In addition, admins will continue to have limited access to group settings and administration tools.
https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html?impressions=true

Aww. That pyramid in the bullet points was a nice touch.

R.I.P Yahoo Groups. The only functionality that was good enough was the e-mailing one. And this will be gone also.

Everyone should migrate on the forums from now on.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
R.I.P Yahoo Groups. The only functionality that was good enough was the e-mailing one. And this will be gone also.

Yahoo Groups always spammed my email with endless topics, even though I never spend any time on there, just here. It's a very old system.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

The Yahoo Groups were such a pain just to login to them. I only posted there one time, right after the old forums went down. If I want to read an old post, it is actually easier to search through the archive ZIP than to search the groups online. :roll:

Let's hope ancient-forums.com lives forever! :D

Stormblood said:
Finally! Although this means the hoards of infiltrators, trolls, kikes and whatnot will move here.

Like there are now not already some here, of course. I mean, what more could an infiltrator do than go around and get the info of people as some 'legitimate' people are doing?

FancyMancy said:

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Learn More

Yahoo Groups will no longer allow users to upload content - Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups, when the changes happen, and how to keep your important content.

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

• Files
  • Polls
  • Links
  • Photos
  • Folders
  • Calendar
  • Database
  • Attachments
  • Conversations
  • Email Updates
  • Message Digest
  • Message History

The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be made private or restricted. Any new group members will need to request an invite or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be able to manage various group settings, though some functionality will be limited.

On October 21st, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.

Photos and files can be saved right from the Yahoo Groups site, or you can download your data from the Privacy Dashboard.

You'll still be able to communicate with your groups via email and search for private groups on the site. In addition, admins will continue to have limited access to group settings and administration tools.

We already have the backup of all Yahoo groups till 2018 March. However its only text and there are no attachments. Maybe we'll back them up one last time.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Stormblood said:
Finally! Although this means the hoards of infiltrators, trolls, kikes and whatnot will move here.

Like there are now not already some here, of course. I mean, what more could an infiltrator do than go around and get the info of people as some 'legitimate' people are doing?

Sure. I meant will have more.

FancyMancy said:

• Files
  • Polls
  • Links
  • Photos
  • Folders
  • Calendar
  • Database
  • Attachments
  • Conversations
  • Email Updates
  • Message Digest
  • Message History

I was gonna write something but you wrote it way better then I would have. Thank you Mr.Fancy.

So many years of memories there... Wow just gone. Things are so damn different now in so many ways. Things keep changing. This transit im in makes me feel reallly old it says. I am young damnit. Young in everyway.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

HP when it's possible you should update the forum where all the backups of the Yahoo groups where, i noticed that they started to eliminate many messages in there...while you can search for them if you click it doesn't show up :? It's pretty sad that we have to loose all this messages.

luis said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

HP when it's possible you should update the forum where all the backups of the Yahoo groups where, i noticed that they started to eliminate many messages in there...while you can search for them if you click it doesn't show up :? It's pretty sad that we have to loose all this messages.

Does it even work for you?

Stormblood said:
luis said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Does it even work for you?
No it doesn't, i asked some time ago and HP HoodedCobra said that it's because they are updating it but that it will take some time because he is busy. I asked again because i'm worried ((they)) are going to remove messages from the groups and i would like to see them somewhere else more safe...

How to download your Yahoo Groups data

bGgtErO.jpg

rafapress/Shutterstock

Just a few days ago, Yahoo suddenly announced that Yahoo groups is to close down. More than this, all data that has been uploaded by users is to be deleted.

In just a week’s time, it will no longer be possible to upload new content, and then in mid-December Yahoo will start to delete files, messages and more. If you want to preserve what you have uploaded, here’s what you need to do.

Yahoo is encouraging people to save their photos and files can be saved right from Yahoo Groups, and to make use of the Privacy Dashboard to download data. But just how does this work?

Downloading photos is a simple matter of hovering the mouse over an image and clicking the down arrow. For files, things are slightly different, but just as simple. Just head to the Files section of a group, click a file you’re interested in and click Save File.

But there’s a better option if you have a lot of content to download.

Pay a visit to the Privacy Dashboard page and sign into your account. Now head to “Download a summary of your data” and click Request a download before selecting exactly what it is you would like to download. Click Next, enter your email address and click Request Download. At some point in the following 30 days, you will receive an email from Yahoo with a download link.

Another option is to jump over to groups.io which not only serves as a decent alternative to Yahoo Groups, but can import data so you don’t lose anything.

Wilson Logan
4 days ago

Have you tried downloading 1000 photos one by one?

Yahoo WILL NOT give you a download of the posts.

The only way to get the messages, files, photos and members list is to use a tool like PG Offline.

https://betanews.com/2019/10/20/download-yahoo-groups-data

Also see -

"Yahoo groups archive" by Edward Lonsa
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JoyofSatan666/conversations/topics/202203

As I have just found, Yahoo! has disabled replying to posts on its groups.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back