Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Possible Forum-Bug

Shael

This is mainly for the HPs and mods.
I have been having an issue for a couple of days now where the forum randomly marks tons of topics as "read" even though I never clicked on them. This makes it pretty annoying to try and keep track of what I have- and haven't read yet.

If anyone else had this issue recently, post here.

The closest I have done is tapping on it accidentally because the forum page jumps when loading, regardless of whether I scroll to try and avoid it or not.

FancyMancy said:
The closest I have done is tapping on it accidentally because the forum page jumps when loading, regardless of whether I scroll to try and avoid it or not.
For me, about half of all newly approved posts/topics are just randomly marked as "read", ever since a few days ago. I will try cleaning cookies and all that stuff, maybe it will fix the issue since it seems I'm the only one having it.

Shael said:
FancyMancy said:
For me, about half of all newly approved posts/topics are just randomly marked as "read", ever since a few days ago. I will try cleaning cookies and all that stuff, maybe it will fix the issue since it seems I'm the only one having it.
Don't forget to clear the cache/temporary Internet files.

Sometimes when new comments are approved and show up on the New page, it remembers that you recently clicked on that page already so it is still marked as Read from before, but it doesn't always know that you didn't see these new approved comments yet so it doesn't know to mark it Unread now. I guess this is what you're talking about, it's been doing this sometimes since the website was born. So when you're on the New page and some of the topics on there are already marked Read, just click on them anyway because there could be some new comments there. It's not a big deal.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back