Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is this dreaming or astral projecting?

Gearshift

Hello everyone I have a question on events that occur and have occurred to me for a long time. I should have asked years ago but I never felt like it until today.

I'm aware that I have no experiences with the astral besides projections during dreaming. But I have been researching this phenomena since I was about 10 years old about a year after getting the internet and also discovering lucid dreaming.

Today I had a number of repetitive lucid dreams during the night about closing in on 4 or 5 in the morning. I've noticed over the years that when I sleep on my back, despite the fact that I get a strenuous boredom and tiredness so I sleep on my side. But I noticed I slept on an awkward position to induce a controlled dream or to more specifically control my actions but no the dream.

I notice in my dreams that I wake up in bed. It's funny because that isn't the first time I've had such occurrence, in fact I recall reading a dream journal by one person who had a false awakening and they thought everything was perfectly normal everything felt real. So real they thought they are back on terra firma. But it was not so and they ended up spending about 30 minutes doing daily activities till they noticed something weird and they began to awaken.

I've also had quite a number of dream projections whereby I get out of my body inside the dream. I have heard of people astral projecting from their dream world, they induce a projection. But it sounds like a person advanced in such manners of learning. My dream projections are within the dream.

For example I recall a prominent night I had awoken inside the dream I felt weird then I spun in the air body wise like a long object spinning in water. And then I noticed I felt odd sensations so I decided to push my hand through the door I grabbed the wood of the surrounding doorway frame. And with all my might pulled to get out and then I awoke shivered in coldness and was a bit freaked out. Unfortunately every time I experience these projections they leave me cold, shivering, and a bit freaked out almost like an adrenaline rush fight-or-flight feeling.

1. Am I astral projecting? Is this astral projection?

2. If this isn't astral projection then why am I even doing it inside my dreams?

3. Is it possible to astral project and lucid dream so consciously that it's the same as being fully awake?

4. I've never astral projected but is astral projecting supposed to be so awkward and dream-drowsy like? Or are people astral projecting with full consciousness?

5. I know lucid dreaming is awkward cause 99% of people don't enter their dreams, they don't enter an altered state and then sink into the dream they just fall asleep and wake up with a dream sign. But is it possible to be fully conscious inside the dream and not wake up no matter what?

(I've had situations whereby I'm fully conscious and despite a small amount of dream skipping whereby my consciousness skips or lags a bit kinda like a wave. I notice that in some cases even forcing myself to awaken doesn't work even though most of the time I WOULD awaken or eventually the dream loses it's hold and I awaken.)

6. Is dreaming a sharing of the unconsciousness of other people? or is it your personal playground?

(I recall the Tibetans learn dream Yoga, to practice spiritual exercises inside their dream. Some members have stated such calling the experience surreal. But are they in some combined unconscious system of reality or are they in their personal playground?)

7. Dreaming is one thing and astral projecting is another. But I have read enemy entities appearing in people's dream. One person in a dream journal I read made a psychic contact with a funny looking fella and immediately recoiled in horror then noticed the entity pay attention to him and start following him and getting closer. My question is how pervasive is the enemy in the dreams of people?

8. Is it normal to be scared of dreaming or astral projecting knowing you'd come face to face with an enemy E.T., is it as bad as people state it is or should we be a lot stronger in our resolve and fight back in some way?

(In my lucid dream I noticed a grey pop into my neighbors house while I was inside their house. I freaked out cause at first I saw a shadow a greyish skin then when the door automatically went open I saw the twig boy. I freaked out but noticed as hard as I could trying to flip it off with my middle finger.)

9. Is it normal to be constantly fighting in my dreams. I know 99% of people dreaming or astral projecting are completely knocked unconscious into their dream projection. But is it normal that many times I get into fights with dream characters or entities and I attack them almost like "WTF are you doing in my room or house or something" the only feeling I get is that like "WTF". Is that normal to be constant fighter? or is that some unexpressed feelings of helplessness in the real world?

10. Final question is it normal to experience the paralyzing qualities of the body so much the body inside the dream matches the physical response? I notice my eyes moving by themselves inside dream closing and falling asleep almost like waves in the ocean. I also notice my physical movement and being severely limited and even feeling my mouth breathing through. Is that normal for other people or do people have their dream body move without any limitations?

I went through a very similar situation. I can't answer all of your questions, but I do believe you accidentally astral projected.

It was so strange that I knew immediately. Probably the second experience I had with lucid dreaming as well.

I felt as if I was... floating. Underwater. I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. I felt as if I was above my body but at the same time under it.

Incredible experience - but I was terrified and I just wanted to return to my body because I felt in great danger.

As for your 8th question... I was so scared. When it happened. Mainly because I didn't know what to expect and I couldn't protect myself in any way. I couldn't even move.

And, once again, I felt in danger. I felt like I needed to break out of it as soon as possible.

The whole experience probably lasted for a few moments, but it felt much longer. Even waking up took... a long time, I guess? I was having a panic attack when I did, full of adrenaline from what happened.

And this is why astral projection is such a damns serious thing. If you don't do it right, you can be very vulnerable. I don't know if I managed to return to my body myself or if my GD figured it out and pushed me to it.

So there's no shame in... being scared or nervous about it the first few times. What's important is to get over that fear and understand that we NEED to fight back. What? You're going to let a damned grey bully you on the astral? It's difficult - but there's a reason why we are SS.

Gear88 said:
one person who had a false awakening and they thought everything was perfectly normal everything felt real. So real they thought they are back on terra firma. But it was not so and they ended up spending about 30 minutes doing daily activities till they noticed something weird and they began to awaken.
I had something similar, but mine was only a few short seconds. I felt the sleep paralysis, but then that stopped and I left my room and merely seconds from "waking up" things were incorrect, but I didn't realise I was...by now...dreaming. The first part, when I experienced the sleep paralysis, I knew I was laying on one side, facing one particular way, which I was, but then very soon after it merged into a dream and things were incorrect. As I said, it was only seconds, though.

I wonder, also, if it might have happened when I was younger, as well, dreaming that I was flying/floating up a road or street. Rarely after, l could very nearly feel as if I could float up, with ease, and fly.

BlueLight said:
I went through a very similar situation. I can't answer all of your questions, but I do believe you accidentally astral projected.

The only time I ever really felt like I astral projected, accidentally, enough to warrant it was back in like 2003, when twice in one night I popped out of my body and floated quickly to the roof.

So basically what your saying is most likely it is a or an form of astral projection. But it's possible because I'm sleeping and coming from an unconscious position it may most likely be some from of half-assed projection.

It's weird you state projecting because it feels so dream-like even my eyes and physical movements are tied to my physical body. I mean I remember one of the most common dream sensations I had until just a few years ago was walking around and my legs binded together in an incapacity to walk fully. My eyes flutter around and my movements feel like I'm somewhat paralyzed. Doesn't seem like AP seems more like a dream.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back