Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Plants for the house

Specter

Nasa recommended many plants that have air improving qualities and anyone who spends a lot of time indoors should definitely buy some as they can remove most of the air pollutants and provide oxygen. I keep a mix of plants that work in the day and night. A UV filter is also a good add-on for dust, dirt, and airborne germs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study#List_of_air-filtering_plants_(per_NASA_study_report)

Also studies show that the aroma of rosemary has a variety of health benefits but one in particular is that it can boost your brains cognitive and memory function, so I've kept some on top of my library shelf and work desk. Lavender is a natural insect repellent and has a calming aroma that's best kept near the bed.
https://www.gardenbetty.com/boost-your-brain-power-sniffing-rosemary-can-make-you-smarter/

If anyone knows any other plants with benefits to the air and/or health let me know.

This is true, and having plants make a home feel better in many ways. A house with no plants doesn't feel like a home, to me.

Here's an article I came across a while back, about which plants help improve the air quality, some even remove toxins from the air:

https://theorganicgoatlady.com/25-air-purifying-plants/

I would like to have plants, but my cats would destroy them all. They always did when I tried to grow them.

They either destroy leaves, throw the entire plant in flowerpot to the ground, or use the ground for litter, regardless if their litter box is full and clean.

Larissa666 said:
I would like to have plants, but my cats would destroy them all. They always did when I tried to grow them.

They either destroy leaves, throw the entire plant in flowerpot to the ground, or use the ground for litter, regardless if their litter box is full and clean.
Train your cats...

Lydia said:
This is true, and having plants make a home feel better in many ways. A house with no plants doesn't feel like a home, to me.

Here's an article I came across a while back, about which plants help improve the air quality, some even remove toxins from the air:

https://theorganicgoatlady.com/25-air-purifying-plants/

Heh, it's funny that you replied since you got me into planting after receiving your natal chart order and learning about the Taurus and Alcyone aspect in my house. I've always thought it be cool to live in a jungle. Also I've found that they are very much alive and I'm quite surprised at how much the vibe has changed in my room and I've become very sensitive to their well being.

Thanks for the link, btw your solar return reading was very accurate but I forgot to give you feedback so I'll get to it sometime this week.

Larissa666 said:

You could try getting suspended pots to hang on the ceiling or make wall shelves, but keep in mind that some of the plants recommended here are poisonous when eaten.

Larissa666 said:

I had the same problem years ago, so I did a small AoP on my plants (I was new to SS), just affirming about 10 times that they are safe or whatever, this was years ago so I don't fully remember, but my cat did leave them alone, other than the occasional bite to a leaf. Maybe try a small plant on a table, do a quick AoP and see how it goes? :)

Larissa666 said:

Or put them in a place that your cats cannot reach.

not only for air quality improvement. Some herbs help in magick. Its something I wish us to debate sometime. A good book about Herbs, they're magickal properties, elemental properties, and gender is by Cunninghams-encyclopedia-of-magical-herbs for those interested.

The Alchemist7 said:
Larissa666 said:

Impossible. There is no place cat can’t reach.

The only way would be to make flowerpots hang from the ceiling, but my landlord doesn’t allow any holes and nails in the wall.

Specter said:
Lydia said:
Heh, it's funny that you replied since you got me into planting after receiving your natal chart order and learning about the Taurus and Alcyone aspect in my house. I've always thought it be cool to live in a jungle. Also I've found that they are very much alive and I'm quite surprised at how much the vibe has changed in my room and I've become very sensitive to their well being.

Thanks for the link, btw your solar return reading was very accurate but I forgot to give you feedback so I'll get to it sometime this week.

That's great to hear :) Plants are definitely alive, and they enjoy being next to another plant, instead of all by itself.

Larissa666 said:
The Alchemist7 said:
Larissa666 said:

The only way would be to make flowerpots hang from the ceiling, but my landlord doesn’t allow any holes and nails in the wall.
Maybe just get a catnip plant and put it by your other plants you cover the plant up with a clear cover and make sure that they can't tip it. I would like to see how that works.

Larissa666 said:
The Alchemist7 said:
Larissa666 said:

You could get some sort of strong tape which will not damage or deface anything, for you to use.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back