Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

CAREER ADVISE PLEASE!!!

Antichrist

Hello there!! I'm currently feeling stuck because I don't know what career path to pursue :(
I want to find a job that I would really love. And when I say “work I love,” I’m not talking about the things I have to do just to pay the bills. I’m referring to the kinds of things that bring me to life — like RESEARCHING, SYNTHESIZING, and CREATING.

I love work that allows me to focus deeply on one thing at a time, and it’s usually something that’s project-based in nature. I enjoy deep-dive projects for the focus they afford me.
I want to find a project based work that would allow me to do the following things on a consistent basis:

1) Research that leads to learning something new

I get a lot of joy out of digging in and learning something new — especially when it relates to the arts and humanities.

2)Getting to be creative

Creativity is about combining seemingly unrelated ideas. And when working on a project, I want to transit seamlessly from research to connecting ideas.

3) Projects that lead to a deep state of flow

Projects in a quiet setting with plenty of time and space to think that would afford me the opportunity to solve problems, create, synthesize, and envision.

4) Projects that provide freedom and autonomy

I want what I'm working on to be my own creative endeavor — and not one a supervisor has assigned me — I can work on it when I want, where I want, and how I want.
When I do work, I want the freedom to control “the process and the product".

5) Projects that lead to a sense of accomplishment

I like to get stuff done, and I won’t be content sitting on creative ideas indefinitely. Unlike endless recurring tasks and chores, projects end. And when they do, I can see and enjoy the final product.

I think if my job allows me to do these FIVE THINGS on a consistent basis I'll feel fulfilled with my work, because my natural talents are being put to good use.

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this question...

Hail Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back