Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation and boredom

RoseWolf

How to deal with boredom and loss of interest in meditation?

It just gets really old although i try different techniques. Like for instance, during spinning my chakra I started losing interest in it and feels like torture to continue and finish and start losing focus and concentration because of it.

Meditation starts feeling like a chore to do and i start feeling nothing throughout but dead if you know what i mean.

Like the other morning to be honest during my morning meditation like cleaning aura and protection. I felt so bored and irritated throughout it because it's getting old and i start feeling like auto pilot and not enjoying it anymore.

I've been through this before years ago when i was a young SS and noticed forcing myself through it didnt make it better.
I started getting depressed then.
Years ago I did start taking weeks off from meditation hoping that I'll feel fresh again.

I was thinking maybe others go through it obviously and want to hear from your experiences.

Is this just a stage one must go through over and over? Is it wrong to take weeks off from meditation just so i can start fresh again ?

You sound like you have fried yourself in general, not in meditation, and this hardly has to do with meditation itself. It more than likely has to do with other life choices, such as feeling fried, depressed and bored in general.

Your issue appears to be more a general problem than directly related to meditation. I think case you appear to suffer from some sort of general lethargy, and you need to add exercise somewhere in the mix.

I don't know if this may apply to you, but I think it's a good thing to post in general. This is from Mageson.
http://web.archive.org/web/20150915172322/http://josministries.prophpbb.com/topic1913.html

Let me quote it for you,

A lot of people develop the same issue with meditation. The belief its hard and some demanding rigid task. This leads to one thing. People approach the subject with mental stress and anxiety, then meditation turns into a chore that one must push through. If its a chore.....its a bore. So they either quit or create a pointlessly forceful attitude which is self decimating in nature and fail later on down the road. They can also make the mistake of setting unrealistic expectations that when not met. Leaves them frustrated and demoralized. Those with a perfectionist attitude burnout the fasted. Its unconsciously linked to feelings of inferiority. The need to compensate its a total bummer and stresses them out.

This is why the material that states meditation is some hard pointlessly ascetic endeavour which only a hand full of masters have been able to do. Is one, nonsense and two, turns people away. And three, develops an attitude that leads to failure.

The serious truth about meditation is relaxation you want to just become totally relaxed. Stress is the opposite of relaxation. Sitting down to meditate with the attitude of the need to force something and its going to be a hard task a chore, is stressful. You have already self sabotaged. Its an obligation you put on yourself and its anxiety.

Meditation is the opposite of hard work. Its the art of being LAZY. You just sit back and relax and become too lazy to even think. Its not doing anything at all. If you like you can while relaxing, lazily melt into your breath. Till you are in state of supreme relaxation.

Lazy is a dirty word because it denotes not having to "live up to anyone's obligations of anything." Of just letting go and being free. Your only lazy in society when your not doing what someone else or society demands of you. Doing what you want instead.

Meditation is just this sitting down in a nice relaxing place, letting go of all attachments, obligations, scripts, self criticism and the anxiety that comes with it, these come from sense of obligations. And melting into total inner laziness, too lazy to care. And deep within that comes inner relaxation, bliss and freedom. You melt into supreme nothingness. Hard work is the enemy of meditation. If its hard its not lazy. To get to nothingness you have to do.......nothing.

Mediation=Supreme Laziness.

This is me meditating:

Sloth-hammock-chillin.gif

He also has other posts in there that might be informative for you.

RoseWolf said:
How to deal with boredom and loss of interest in meditation?

It just gets really old although i try different techniques. Like for instance, during spinning my chakra I started losing interest in it and feels like torture to continue and finish and start losing focus and concentration because of it.

Meditation starts feeling like a chore to do and i start feeling nothing throughout but dead if you know what i mean.

Like the other morning to be honest during my morning meditation like cleaning aura and protection. I felt so bored and irritated throughout it because it's getting old and i start feeling like auto pilot and not enjoying it anymore.

I've been through this before years ago when i was a young SS and noticed forcing myself through it didnt make it better.
I started getting depressed then.
Years ago I did start taking weeks off from meditation hoping that I'll feel fresh again.

I was thinking maybe others go through it obviously and want to hear from your experiences.

Is this just a stage one must go through over and over? Is it wrong to take weeks off from meditation just so i can start fresh again ?

That's a sign that you should change your regiment up a bit. Instead of spinning your chakras, there's loads of other meditations that you could perform to fulfill your daily regiment. Or as Cobra said, you could simply be lethargic in general and perhaps some life changes are in order.

If it's the first thing, a routine becomes a routine which becomes boring. Not all of us are the type that can stick to one program for months or years on end, so change it up a bit and try doing something different or perhaps try adding onto it, that way you get the energy buzz that you feel afterwards. To me, it's like a tolerance so adding or changing something usually does the trick.

RoseWolf said:

I have not skipped a single day of meditation in the almost decade I've been with the JoS.

I agree with what HP Cobra mentioned, perhaps doing more challenging yoga before meditating will solve the issue.

RoseWolf said:
I am getting through this too and I have been in the past.Unlikely for me I have stop meditation for month and I had the feeling I am going to do this again no matter how hard.Likely I asked my GD and she is willing to help me.It is quite simple ,ask your guardian demon to remind you to do your meditation and tell to him/her to be strict with you .Also if you can clearly communicate with your guardian ask him/her to tell tou a suitable new meditation program.I have done this in the past and it works , especially if you are tye kind of person that gets bored easily,bur remember always don't make the time you are meditating less because your energies will go down If you feel like adding something more do it.Also one thing that I have done and it really works is to keep in your mind your goals.What I mean:
Look in your mirror (or go to a trance state) and ask your self (loud or quite), Why I am meditating?Why I need to empower my soul?Do I need the meditations?CAN I DO MAGICK WITHOUT EMPOWERMENT?
And then just answer them.It gave me much motivation for months and I did that only once (but I had full intension)
Finally better Aop.Our enemies , especially if we do rtr,wants us to be weak so they can curse us without mercy.Also their curses are what make us to not want meditation so with better protection amd cleansing it will be tougher to influence you
I wish you good luck .

Sounds to me like you are depressed. People suffering from depression can’t make themselves do anything, meditation included. They simply don’t see point in doing anything, and everything feels meaningless to them.

I can add, Fire Element may help to recover from depression, boredom, fatigue.

Thanks a bunch all :D

I already started a challenging workout for me as i have not been excercising enough. Anything challenging always make me feel alive. xd
I'll be making improvements and journaling them ^^

And yes i have been going through depression lately. But it passes. Sometimes i forget.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back