Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

nootropics

StyleCoin

what do you think about nootropics? Is there any that is made with natural plants this is reliable?

are cognitive enhancers.

I used to try something like this and posted about it on the health forums.

Generally, try to avoid any "nootropics" who rely on caffeine. The one I used had "Alpha-GPC" as it's main component which was regarded as safe. Here my thread for reference:
https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12844

I'd also encourage you to make a topic on the health forums if you are unsure about any ingredients in the supplements / "nootropics" that you think of buying.
Better to be safe than sorry. :)

Shael said:
I used to try something like this and posted about it on the health forums.

Generally, try to avoid any "nootropics" who rely on caffeine. The one I used had "Alpha-GPC" as it's main component which was regarded as safe. Here my thread for reference:
https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12844

I'd also encourage you to make a topic on the health forums if you are unsure about any ingredients in the supplements / "nootropics" that you think of buying.
Better to be safe than sorry. :)

Okay. =)

StyleCoin said:
what do you think about nootropics? Is there any that is made with natural plants this is reliable?

are cognitive enhancers.
Yes you can take Brahmi and Ashwagandha. Lions mane which is somewhat expensive is also good.

StyleCoin said:

are cognitive enhancers.

StyleCoin said:

are cognitive enhancers.

It's best to stay away from the racetams and most of the chemical types (semax, modafinil analogs etc there's a lot) and use the natural ones.
Alpha GPC and other cholinergics (choline, CDP choline) only affect people with acetylcholine deficiencies.
Caffeine is fine if you're not sensitive to it and it affects you positively. Caffeine and L-Theanine (an amino acid) or L-Theanine and drinking coffee is a nice combination as the theanine is calming without being sedative and smooths out the caffeine so there's no anxiety or jitters.
L-Tyrosine another amino can boost mental energy and clarity.
Research bacopa monnieri, ginseng, guarana, medicinal mushroom extracts, ginkgo biloba. There's a lot. Just don't expect miracles, these things can help and can improve your brain over time but they're likely not going to be amazing to take. The synthetic/chemical ones can seem incredible but tend to really force your brain into it rather than support and enhance functionality like the natural ones.
An exception would be the theanine and caffeine combination, most people agree this is pretty awesome, and it is totally safe.
Also, don't get too excited and buy everything that sounds good and just take all of stuff immediately. Look at the real reason you're interested in this, what exact effects you want, and research until you choose one or two things and then try them each on their own for a while to see how it affects you. Then you can start combining them.
If you know exactly what effects you want I could maybe give you some recommendations.

Way_Seeker666 said:
StyleCoin said:

are cognitive enhancers.

StyleCoin said:

are cognitive enhancers.

It's best to stay away from the racetams and most of the chemical types (semax, modafinil analogs etc there's a lot) and use the natural ones.
Alpha GPC and other cholinergics (choline, CDP choline) only affect people with acetylcholine deficiencies.
Caffeine is fine if you're not sensitive to it and it affects you positively. Caffeine and L-Theanine (an amino acid) or L-Theanine and drinking coffee is a nice combination as the theanine is calming without being sedative and smooths out the caffeine so there's no anxiety or jitters.
Research bacopa monnieri, ginseng, guarana, medicinal mushroom extracts, ginkgo biloba. There's a lot. Just don't expect miracles, these things can help and can improve your brain over time but they're likely not going to be amazing to take. The synthetic/chemical ones can seem incredible but tend to really force your brain into it rather than support and enhance functionality like the natural ones.
An exception would be the theanine and caffeine combination, most people agree this is pretty awesome, and it is totally safe.
Also, don't get too excited and buy everything that sounds good and just take all of stuff immediately. Look at the real reason you're interested in this, what exact effects you want, and research until you choose one or two things and then try them each on their own for a while to see how it affects you. Then you can start combining them.
If you know exactly what effects you want I could maybe give you some recommendations.
True, its listed synthetic ones might give insomnia, anxiety as well as withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking it.
Natural ones are the best.

Jack said:
True, its listed synthetic ones might give insomnia, anxiety as well as withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking it.
Natural ones are the best.

They can also overload the brain, like forcing it to work too hard. Constantly doing this can obviously lead to serious problems down the line.
Also since this stuff got popular, a lot of new substances have been coming out and nobody has a clue of long term risks. Powerful stimulants and altered versions of other chemicals. It's pretty stupid to go taking untested substances.

Way_Seeker666 said:
StyleCoin said:

are cognitive enhancers.

StyleCoin said:

are cognitive enhancers.

What exactly is wrong with racetams?

Syntax said:

First of all, it's not used for healthy people. It's a drug, a psychoactive one, used for treating CNS disorders like stroke, epilepsy and so on. If you don't have any of those disorders you shouldn't even think of using it. Second, it has several adverse effects, which should make people think twice about using it. Epilepsy has been treated for centuries without fail with a ketogenic diet and with other methods. Oxigen therapy works for all CNS disorders too.

Adverse effects: psychomotor excitability, insomnia, heartburn, stomach pain, dysphoria, tiredness, dizziness, memory loss, headache and severe diarrhoea.

The long term effects are largely unknown, but in animal studies nefiracetam caused renal and testicular toxicity, aniracetam was a reproductive toxin.

There is a risk that these substances are being used by healthy individuals, with consequent potential acute and long term harm.

One of many sources about racetam: https://www.tga.gov.au/book-page/12-racetams

Mmm, first of all, drugs are bad. You shouldn't do drugs. Mmkay?

giphy.webp

Stormblood said:
Syntax said:

First of all, it's not used for healthy people. It's a drug, a psychoactive one, used for treating CNS disorders like stroke, epilepsy and so on. If you don't have any of those disorders you shouldn't even think of using it. Second, it has several adverse effects, which should make people think twice about using it. Epilepsy has been treated for centuries without fail with a ketogenic diet and with other methods. Oxigen therapy works for all CNS disorders too.

Adverse effects: psychomotor excitability, insomnia, heartburn, stomach pain, dysphoria, tiredness, dizziness, memory loss, headache and severe diarrhoea.

The long term effects are largely unknown, but in animal studies nefiracetam caused renal and testicular toxicity, aniracetam was a reproductive toxin.

There is a risk that these substances are being used by healthy individuals, with consequent potential acute and long term harm.

I do not see modafinil listed here. What would the issue of a health person taking modafinil? It is used as a treatment for narcolepsy.

Syntax said:
Stormblood said:
Syntax said:

I do not see modafinil listed here. What would the issue of a healthy person taking modafinil? It is used as a treatment for narcolepsy.

Apply some wisdom and you'll find the answer on your own. It doesn't take a PhD to understand whether psychoactive drugs are safe for use or now. Just common sense, which most NPCs lack.

Stormblood said:
Syntax said:
Stormblood said:

I do not see modafinil listed here. What would the issue of a healthy person taking modafinil? It is used as a treatment for narcolepsy.

Apply some wisdom and you'll find the answer on your own. It doesn't take a PhD to understand whether psychoactive drugs are safe for use or now. Just common sense, which most NPCs lack.

I have done a lot of study on modafinil which is why I am asking. There are no side effects that modafinil shows that are normally associated with psychoactive drugs. No addiction, no jitter, nothing really negative. It is used to treat sleep apnea and narcalepsy. My question is what does modafinil do which is negative that a healthy person should not take it for enhanced cognitive abilities?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back