Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hatha Yoga Alternate nostril breathing questions.

Hello, I'm following the example routine found on JOS and also found in this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl/w2yd6kb6zwf0qe5/KUNDALINI%20%26%20HATHA%20YOGA%20ROUTINE.zip right now I'm only doing the hatha yoga routine to help with back pain and to hopefully make it easier to stay in a seated meditation for longer but I will be including the Kundalini Yoga routine as well, and I have replaced the head/handstand asanas with standing/seated forward bend. It states to do the "Nostril Alternate breathing" now I'm not sure if you do this during the Hatha/Kundalini routine or after it? My next question would be what would the best breathing exercise be for the routines?

I apologize for the unimportant question, I have been very lazy lately and have only just started doing yoga a couple days ago, and I am genuinely confused about when to the do the "Alternate nostril breathing"

NoCreativeNameHereV2 said:
Hello, I'm following the example routine found on JOS and also found in this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl/w2yd6kb6zwf0qe5/KUNDALINI%20%26%20HATHA%20YOGA%20ROUTINE.zip right now I'm only doing the hatha yoga routine to help with back pain and to hopefully make it easier to stay in a seated meditation for longer but I will be including the Kundalini Yoga routine as well, and I have replaced the head/handstand asanas with standing/seated forward bend. It states to do the "Nostril Alternate breathing" now I'm not sure if you do this during the Hatha/Kundalini routine or after it? My next question would be what would the best breathing exercise be for the routines?

I apologize for the unimportant question, I have been very lazy lately and have only just started doing yoga a couple days ago, and I am genuinely confused about when to the do the "Alternate nostril breathing"
Hatha yoga /Alternate nostril breathing and kudalini yoga should be done with distan of so e hours between of them (lets say kudalini yoga in the morning ,Alternate nostril breathing in the middle of the day and Hatha before bed.)!
Now ,since the Kudalini yoga routine in the Jos has a breathing exercise almost similar to the breathe of fire there is no need to add anything more.
Regarding Hatha yoga you can add any breathing exercise that doesn't distract you body from doing the Asana.Alternate nostril breathing requirs one hand to touch your nostils so you can't do it.Every other exercise should be fine.
Some of us are doing the breathe of fire .
Also check a Topic made by Egon ,it is named :. Asanas and Mantras

Check also the comments of it
There is plenty of info that can help you improve your routine.

Νίκος said:
Hatha yoga /Alternate nostril breathing and kudalini yoga should be done with distan of so e hours between of them (lets say kudalini yoga in the morning ,Alternate nostril breathing in the middle of the day and Hatha before bed.)!
Now ,since the Kudalini yoga routine in the Jos has a breathing exercise almost similar to the breathe of fire there is no need to add anything more.
Regarding Hatha yoga you can add any breathing exercise that doesn't distract you body from doing the Asana.Alternate nostril breathing requirs one hand to touch your nostils so you can't do it.Every other exercise should be fine.

Thank you for your response Νίκος I had actually planned on leaving Kundalini yoga out to focus more on Hatha yoga to help with back pain, so I can stay in the seated meditation for longer. But I think I might add the kundalini yoga routine in aswell. My routine was all hatha yoga every 12 hours, but I'll change it up to the way you suggested. I will have a look at Egon topic on Asanas and Mantras.

Thank you for your response once again Νίκος :smile:

HAIL SATAN AND ALL THOSE ALLIED TO HIM :smile:

There is no reason to leave one of those two.They are actually the same.
You can make your Hatha yoga routine be like a kudalini yoga routine kust be adding mantras ,pranayama (breathing exercises) etc..
Also if you have the time to continue doing Hatha every 12 hours and add the Kudalini yoga you can do it.
The only thing you should remember is that once you add yoga to your meditation program you should not late more than one day to pass without doing it because apart form the energy loss that you will have your body will pain too.

Νίκος said:

Thank you for your response Νίκος I had actually planned on leaving Kundalini yoga out to focus more on Hatha yoga to help with back pain, so I can stay in the seated meditation for longer. But I think I might add the kundalini yoga routine in aswell. My routine was all hatha yoga every 12 hours, but I'll change it up to the way you suggested. I will have a look at Egon topic on Asanas and Mantras.

No need to be in an asana when doing meditation, sometime ago Hps Maxine recommende against it as it will block the flow of energy.

Aquarius said:
No need to be in an asana when doing meditation, sometime ago Hps Maxine recommende against it as it will block the flow of energy.

Wow, I've actually never heard of that particular asana causing problems, I prefer to do my meditation while laying down I've only recently "tried" to do it while in the seated pose I thought it would be more beneficial, it also stops me from falling asleep but I have trouble cause of my many years of slouching. I'm still trying to meditate while laying down, did some meditation last night and instead of taking 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 mins it only took 20 minutes for my thoughts to completely be shut off. However I started feeling weird, it is natural I believe when you kinda no longer "feel" or "hear" your breating but above that I just didnt feel right so I just stopped the session laid in my sleeping position and went straight to sleep. Later on tonight or even today, I will continue the meditation session and i wont stop based on a weird feeling.

Thank you for informing about this, never thought of it being a problem.

HAIL SATAN AND ALL THOSE ALLIED OT HIM :smile:

Aquarius said:
Νίκος said:

She also constantly.says that do what works best for you.This works for me and other members too .

Aquarius said:

Wow, I've actually never heard of that particular asana causing problems, I prefer to do my meditation while laying down I've only recently "tried" to do it while in the seated pose I thought it would be more beneficial, it also stops me from falling asleep but I have trouble cause of my many years of slouching. I'm still trying to meditate while laying down, did some meditation last night and instead of taking 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 mins it only took 20 minutes for my thoughts to completely be shut off. However I started feeling weird, it is natural I believe when you kinda no longer "feel" or "hear" your breating but above that I just didnt feel right so I just stopped the session laid in my sleeping position and went straight to sleep. Later on tonight or even today, I will continue the meditation session and i wont stop based on a weird feeling.

Thank you for informing about this, never thought of it being a problem.

HAIL SATAN AND ALL THOSE ALLIED OT HIM :smile:
You can also just use a couch or a chair to meditate on.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back