Strength Training

For those who wish to establish a relationship with Satan.

Topics of discussion include: Demons, Magick, Satanic Witchcraft and much more!

http://www.joyofsatan.com / http://www.joyofsatan.org
AldebaranDeTauro

Strength Training

Postby AldebaranDeTauro » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm

So I read on the JoS main site that Maxine used to do strength training and ever since then ive been motivated to seriously start a workout routine based around that. Does anyone here have any experience with strength training? This is all new to me so I dont really know where to start or what books to read. Ive only ever done cardio as far as working out goes. HP Mageson , you seem like you'd have some awesome advice as this seems right up your alley way :)

thank you brothers and sisters in advance!
Hail Satan!!!

hailourtruegod

Re: Strength Training

Postby hailourtruegod » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm

The channel FitnessFAQs has some great stuff. I've learned a lot about calisthenics from that guy at least in his beginner videos.

Some of the things you can start off doing is just the basics like push ups and variations of it, squats (i myself like doing jumping ones) variations of that and core work outs. That's just a few of the things I do. Also imo the best way to start in strength training is to do some gymnastics stuff like the tucked planche. I've been working on it recently. The people I've watched in videos including Daniel have said it's the fastest way to get results and it'll tone your body at a fast rate and from my experience this is true. I'm not saying it's easy though lol but once you start getting better at it you definitely start seeing results.
"Concerning my own faith, I am fighting under the flag of Lucifer." -Otto Rahn

Hail Satan!!!

Ave Ce Acatl Topiltzin Quetzalcoatl!

13th_Wolf

Postby 13th_Wolf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:17 pm

If you can do push ups and your body feels achy, lethargic etc. In the day- just drop down and do some, works for me XD.

When it comes to actually making a routine, just research yourself online through YT asw as different websites good excercises to do to increase strength. Do leg workouts like squats, tricep dips and lunges asw as bicep curls, situps etc. to ensure that you are working on your legs as well, that is where most of the vigour of excercise comes from (squatting releases some kind of hormone if I remember rightly). Make sure that you do something beforehand like jogging on the spot to warm you up, swing your arms about etc. and begin your routine. I've actually started doing jumping jacks a little asw just recently, so that's another option

To get your routine to stick, just write a note somewhere in a diary or journal or if you're prone to procrastination like me- get a fucking huge piece of paper and put it on your main desk or wherever you are prone to sit in your room and usually waste time. Write on it the routine and the affirmational nature of doing this will better drive you than just saying it to yourself in you're head today and then forgetting tomorrow. Also, when you have made the routine-begin it right away, the longer you leave it the more effort it takes to actually start it. My current excercise routine I do every 2 days (monday, wednesday, friday, sunday, tuesday etc.) and always before Yoga and my RTR's.

PS. A good tip is to build up a collection of NS marches and rock music etc. And play that on your phone or whatever when you are excercising.

Saytan Abbrasa
From my time on this forum, all I can say to you is NEVER verbally square-go another Satanist unless you know your shit b0i. :ugeek:

✠ "Lieb Vaterland, magst ruhig sein - Fest steht und treu die wacht am Rhein"✠

victory666

Postby victory666 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Hello fellow Satanist,

Here is a link that was posted on the old forums. It's a 5X5 strength program.
I tried it for a while and moved up pretty quickly. Getting started again after a shoulder injury at work. Can't bench press any more, but will substitute with dips.
Try it out if you have the equipment.
Hail Satan

https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:40 am

There are tons of programs, check the fitness subreddit on reddit for many programs to choose from or the bodyweightfitness subreddit.
HAIL TO OUR TRUE INEFFABLE GOD SATAN

HP Mageson666

Postby HP Mageson666 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:45 am

To be honest don't waste your time with push up's and convention body weight exercises you end up going nowhere after a point it just gives some extra stamina but no strength gains. Let us find out how to solve this for win.

You want strength....... My experience in strength training was pull up's, hindu squats and kettle bells did the best for strength and endurance. I felt this when doing Judo during the classes you have to get on the mat and wrestle against other members of all belt levels this could last up to an hour. I noticed it was what I mentioned that gave me the advantage in strength and endurance only. Everything else was not as good as this. Including running long distance. I used to run up to twenty miles in a session.

Now let us think on strength I was doing one handed pull ups to sixty plus pull ups of different kinds in one session. The same problem just going up endless reps does not equal extra strength after a point. I was also doing hundreds of push up and handstand push up's.

Now for strength lets say you can do 10 standard pull up's fine with no real effort...... Get a weight vest and put how much weight onto this and then try and do three to five. Same with one armed pull ups which are powerful for strength. It also leaves no room for babying the weaker side of the body.

Gym rings are superior for pull ups for that reason the babying effect is not there. Note also do some squats with a weight vest on. You want cardio there you go. You can do the same with push up's now its a strength training exercise.

Cost a weight vest, some gym rings and that's it not an expense gym fee for hurting yourself with body building methods that ruin the body and don't build strength just strange looking muscle you look like trazan but have the strength of jane.

hailourtruegod

Postby hailourtruegod » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 pm

HP Mageson666 wrote:To be honest don't waste your time with push up's and convention body weight exercises you end up going nowhere after a point it just gives some extra stamina but no strength gains. Let us find out how to solve this for win.

You want strength....... My experience in strength training was pull up's, hindu squats and kettle bells did the best for strength and endurance. I felt this when doing Judo during the classes you have to get on the mat and wrestle against other members of all belt levels this could last up to an hour. I noticed it was what I mentioned that gave me the advantage in strength and endurance only. Everything else was not as good as this. Including running long distance. I used to run up to twenty miles in a session.

Now let us think on strength I was doing one handed pull ups to sixty plus pull ups of different kinds in one session. The same problem just going up endless reps does not equal extra strength after a point. I was also doing hundreds of push up and handstand push up's.

Now for strength lets say you can do 10 standard pull up's fine with no real effort...... Get a weight vest and put how much weight onto this and then try and do three to five. Same with one armed pull ups which are powerful for strength. It also leaves no room for babying the weaker side of the body.

Gym rings are superior for pull ups for that reason the babying effect is not there. Note also do some squats with a weight vest on. You want cardio there you go. You can do the same with push up's now its a strength training exercise.

Cost a weight vest, some gym rings and that's it not an expense gym fee for hurting yourself with body building methods that ruin the body and don't build strength just strange looking muscle you look like trazan but have the strength of jane.

The first part is completely true. I did start writing out about that a bit but then I deleted it thinming that since he's about to start that's it's okay and if he did watch the videos on that channel he'll see that the guy says that eventually the progression does slow down and those work outs become pretty much obsolete even if you do high reps but it makes sense to do things the best way from the start. I'm glad you responded because it definitely helps me out as well. I myself experienced this as well early of last year. My work outs became tedious since i was doing high reps of push ups. So then I was just focusing on core and legs. My arms though I just haven't figured out how I can improve more efficiently until recently coming into strength training.

Idk if I can do the rings in my house but I'll definitely look into the vest and pick up my kettle bell that I haven't touched in a while. Hopefully I can find a way to use gym rings though.

Hail Satan!!!

AldebaranDeTauro

Postby AldebaranDeTauro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Thank you all very much for your replies! Im glad you mentioned the weight vest Mageson666 as I was already contemplating getting one or not. I was talking with a co-worker about strength training and he also mentioned that a weight vest is the best way to go about it. He even mentioned Dragonball Z. He said one of the characters(name escapes me) would always wear one and as soon as he was about to fight, he'd take it off and would be way faster...its no wonder DBZ has always been one of the most popular animes. Always teaching valuable lessons.

In fact one of my favorite drummers, Gene Hoglan, said that its the best way to gain endurance. He would play a show and an hour and into the set as he was becoming fatigued, he would just take those bad boys off and just blast off.

Again, thanks everyone!:)
Hail Satan!!!!

hailourtruegod

Postby hailourtruegod » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:40 am

HP Mageson,

Since I haven't worked with my kettle bell in about a year I'll be going back to this workout for a bit:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6pDMOIlPLFE

Just thought I'd share it since it's a good beginner work out for a kettle bell routine from my own experience.

Hail Satan!!!

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:10 am

hailourtruegod wrote:HP Mageson,

Since I haven't worked with my kettle bell in about a year I'll be going back to this workout for a bit:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6pDMOIlPLFE

Just thought I'd share it since it's a good beginner work out for a kettle bell routine from my own experience.
I recommend u the book kettlebell simple and sinister. and make sure u use the correct form or u could hurt urself.

ss666

Postby ss666 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:27 pm

HP Mageson666 wrote:Now let us think on strength I was doing one handed pull ups to sixty plus pull ups of different kinds in one session.

That's insane. You must have been a professional athlete, there's no way a person with a 9-5 sedentary job can reach that level. I know persons who trained like crazy and can't reach 10 one handed pull-ups. Even 1 one handed pull up is indicative of a very strong person.

Quietlysings666

Postby Quietlysings666 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 pm

Yeahh :) running with rave music no words. Speed up your heart rate with the beat uphill with like an hour long track.Get fucking gacked, out high as a kite, when you jog fast everyday for a long time, building boxing cardiovascular gets easy. Get the ticker muscle big and you'll never get tired!!! Fourth Reich march. 7 miles an hour fuck the jews, with a giant wasp stinger. HAIL SATAN!
:D HAIL SATAN!

HP Mageson666

Postby HP Mageson666 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:01 pm

I could only do about three of four one handed for each arm. The rest were typical different grips with both arms. Like I stated the sixty I was doing was different kinds. I did them in different sets with some rest between.

Slothz'in...

ss666 wrote:
HP Mageson666 wrote:Now let us think on strength I was doing one handed pull ups to sixty plus pull ups of different kinds in one session.

That's insane. You must have been a professional athlete, there's no way a person with a 9-5 sedentary job can reach that level. I know persons who trained like crazy and can't reach 10 one handed pull-ups. Even 1 one handed pull up is indicative of a very strong person.

ss666

Postby ss666 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:24 pm

HP Mageson you are amazing, those stats are excellent!

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:54 pm

It is totally unnecessary to use any kettlebell or any external weight whatsoever to increase your strength. Your bodyweight is more than sufficient. There is tons of progression for each different exercise to increase the difficulty and improve strength. People who claim otherwise aren't too familiar with callisthenics and gymnastic programming. Whatever you decide to do (bodyweight vs external weights vs hybrid methods) you should know that many people hit a plateau when it comes to improving strength, endurance, etc and the reason for that is very simple actually. You see, the most important part of training is actually mobility. Most people don't tend to their mobility at all, which result in them not being able to go past a certain point when it comes to performance. Mobility is much more important than strength, endurance and everything. That's because, without it, you are not able to fully access your capabilities. That's why it is advisable to include mobility training in your schedule.

Aside from my personal advice, Maxine also wrote on the topic of physical training. She did so last year. You can find two sermons of her here and here if you are in the Yahoo groups. I will now quote some parts from these sermons.

Below, I'm including some workout tips, as members have asked me over the years:

As for getting into shape, most military exercises are done with your own body weight. I trained at home for a number of years and got even better results than in the gym. I loved doing both, though.

I was exceptionally strong for a woman, stronger than a lot of men. I always made a point of getting enough rest and I never trained any part of my body that was sore. I always made sure I was healed up 100% before training real hard again.

When you reach a certain level in training, you have to train harder, say one body part per day, like arms day, back day, legs day, etc.

Distance running should be done either every day or at least 3 days a week. Yes, the running track and/or treadmill in the gym is a huge help. So is a pool for swimming laps. No, home training doesn't have everything, but you can still do a lot, especially if you purchase a door jamb pull up bar. I had one in my hallway and every single time I walked under it, I would do pull ups.

If you want to add difficulty, start a pull up (Arms completely straight! Bent arms and you only cheat yourself), and pull slowly to a 120 angle and hold for 10-30 seconds, then do the same at 90 degrees, then at the top again and then do it coming down.

The same can be done with pushups, holding halfway up and down.

If you can get some real heavy chairs or put weights in the seats of the chairs, these can be used for dips.

Martial Arts horse position strengthens legs. Most libraries have books on Martial Arts. Practicing certain kicks and solo moves, all one needs is consistent repetition. Of course, lacking a practice partner can be a problem at home, but again, much can be accomplished any way.

I used to train by the 10,000 rule. Take a movement, say a side kick and do 4 sets of 25 = 100 for one day. Do this every day until you reach 10,000. Everyone who trains should keep a training diary. It is essential.

Gymnast Nadia Comanici did walkovers on the balance beam 10,000+ times.

A heavy bag, if possible is an excellent addition to home training. Different punches, boxer's workout for upper body endurance/aerobics.

One of the very best for a home workout is:
https://www.amazon.com/Navy-Seal-Workou ... 0809229021

It appears to be deceptively easy, but try doing it. The abdominal section put a six-pack on me in my late 30's after having three kids, and a hernia from the last pregnancy.

Now, here are some videos for a home workout, focusing on abs and core strength:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwgqYQpWp8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7EyZ9h4NXoCA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQGQHsl1CA

These are shown in fast motion, but should be done slowly. If you are new, start out with 10 reps each and ALWAYS keep your back rounded and shoulders off the floor when doing kicks, leg flutters, etc for abs:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ8rPFtBVBc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9WYd3PXxCA

I've trained both with gymnastics exercises and heavy weight training. IMO, one should be able to handle one's body weight and establish control as well as lift weights. Weight lifting will not accomplish handling one's body weight. And on the other hand, being able to master one's body weight will result in being able to lift extremely heavy in the gym.

I remember a fitness instructor who was built like an action figure. He would always be on the pull down machine trying to get the strength to do a pull up. He never got anywhere.

Pull ups require a lot of abdominal strength. Once you master pull ups and dips, then, if you want to and have access to a gym, use a dipping belt and string several 5 lb plates, say 10 and do pull ups and dips with these, stripping the weight, one at a time after each set. Do be very careful of doing pull ups without any weights after doing these. I hit my throat real hard on the bar as I was used to the extra weights. Always go slow.

The same can be done with dips.

If you are involved in any athletics, weight training, strength training, Martial Arts, etc. If you raise your energies through meditation, Tai Chi, or related.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO STRETCH!! REGULARLY.

Energy can get trapped and cause serious problems. Say someone over trains one day by doing 200 pushups of which is not their norm.

Western Medical Doctors usually lack the knowledge to handle this sort of thing. One should see an acupuncturist.

Prevention is always preferable.

Keep your body as flexible as is possible. This will keep your chi/witchpower circulating and also help you avoid and lessen any training injuries.

If you want to know more about how to progress in strength and endurance without adding any external weight, you should look to Overcoming Gravity by Steven Low and you can look to Building the Gymnastic Body by Christopher Sommer for what concerns mobility. In alternative to Christopher Sommer, GMB fitness seems to have a good philosophy for mobility training. The different between Christopher Sommer's method and GMB fitness's method is that the former is for people who do better with discipline and structure, while the latter will appeal more to people who prefer flexibility.

One difference between bodyweight training weightlifting is also that bodyweight skills are fully transferable to real life, while weightlifting skills are only partially transferable. This statement came from the findings of research groups like the Mountain Tactical Institute, who cater exclusively to mountain and tactical athletes (i.e. military, law enforcement, fire rescue for the tactical group; and hiking, backpacking, climbing, skiing, mountain running, kayak/paddling, hunting, sledding/snowmobiling for the mountain group.) Whatever you do, stay away from "classic" gym machines which, unlike bodyweight training free weightlifting, are almost always connected to long-term joint damage.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:04 am

There is also plyometrics and isometrics. I don't know much about the first but I'm trying the methods fromthis book for what concerns the latter.

ss666

Postby ss666 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:22 pm

I also recommend the book Stormblood recomended "Building the Gymnastic Body".

I want to add that if you ever get joint prolonged pains in the shoulders, knees or elbows to stop training until you are fully healed and learn the correct form of the exercise. An injury can set you back to square zero, a tendinitis is common and very nasty.

AldebaranDeTauro

Postby AldebaranDeTauro » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:24 pm

Stormblood wrote:It is totally unnecessary to use any kettlebell or any external weight whatsoever to increase your strength. Your bodyweight is more than sufficient. There is tons of progression for each different exercise to increase the difficulty and improve strength. People who claim otherwise aren't too familiar with callisthenics and gymnastic programming. Whatever you decide to do (bodyweight vs external weights vs hybrid methods) you should know that many people hit a plateau when it comes to improving strength, endurance, etc and the reason for that is very simple actually. You see, the most important part of training is actually mobility. Most people don't tend to their mobility at all, which result in them not being able to go past a certain point when it comes to performance. Mobility is much more important than strength, endurance and everything. That's because, without it, you are not able to fully access your capabilities. That's why it is advisable to include mobility training in your schedule.

Aside from my personal advice, Maxine also wrote on the topic of physical training. She did so last year. You can find two sermons of her here and here if you are in the Yahoo groups. I will now quote some parts from these sermons.

Below, I'm including some workout tips, as members have asked me over the years:

As for getting into shape, most military exercises are done with your own body weight. I trained at home for a number of years and got even better results than in the gym. I loved doing both, though.

I was exceptionally strong for a woman, stronger than a lot of men. I always made a point of getting enough rest and I never trained any part of my body that was sore. I always made sure I was healed up 100% before training real hard again.

When you reach a certain level in training, you have to train harder, say one body part per day, like arms day, back day, legs day, etc.

Distance running should be done either every day or at least 3 days a week. Yes, the running track and/or treadmill in the gym is a huge help. So is a pool for swimming laps. No, home training doesn't have everything, but you can still do a lot, especially if you purchase a door jamb pull up bar. I had one in my hallway and every single time I walked under it, I would do pull ups.

If you want to add difficulty, start a pull up (Arms completely straight! Bent arms and you only cheat yourself), and pull slowly to a 120 angle and hold for 10-30 seconds, then do the same at 90 degrees, then at the top again and then do it coming down.

The same can be done with pushups, holding halfway up and down.

If you can get some real heavy chairs or put weights in the seats of the chairs, these can be used for dips.

Martial Arts horse position strengthens legs. Most libraries have books on Martial Arts. Practicing certain kicks and solo moves, all one needs is consistent repetition. Of course, lacking a practice partner can be a problem at home, but again, much can be accomplished any way.

I used to train by the 10,000 rule. Take a movement, say a side kick and do 4 sets of 25 = 100 for one day. Do this every day until you reach 10,000. Everyone who trains should keep a training diary. It is essential.

Gymnast Nadia Comanici did walkovers on the balance beam 10,000+ times.

A heavy bag, if possible is an excellent addition to home training. Different punches, boxer's workout for upper body endurance/aerobics.

One of the very best for a home workout is:
https://www.amazon.com/Navy-Seal-Workou ... 0809229021

It appears to be deceptively easy, but try doing it. The abdominal section put a six-pack on me in my late 30's after having three kids, and a hernia from the last pregnancy.

Now, here are some videos for a home workout, focusing on abs and core strength:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwgqYQpWp8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7EyZ9h4NXoCA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQGQHsl1CA

These are shown in fast motion, but should be done slowly. If you are new, start out with 10 reps each and ALWAYS keep your back rounded and shoulders off the floor when doing kicks, leg flutters, etc for abs:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ8rPFtBVBc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9WYd3PXxCA

I've trained both with gymnastics exercises and heavy weight training. IMO, one should be able to handle one's body weight and establish control as well as lift weights. Weight lifting will not accomplish handling one's body weight. And on the other hand, being able to master one's body weight will result in being able to lift extremely heavy in the gym.

I remember a fitness instructor who was built like an action figure. He would always be on the pull down machine trying to get the strength to do a pull up. He never got anywhere.

Pull ups require a lot of abdominal strength. Once you master pull ups and dips, then, if you want to and have access to a gym, use a dipping belt and string several 5 lb plates, say 10 and do pull ups and dips with these, stripping the weight, one at a time after each set. Do be very careful of doing pull ups without any weights after doing these. I hit my throat real hard on the bar as I was used to the extra weights. Always go slow.

The same can be done with dips.

If you are involved in any athletics, weight training, strength training, Martial Arts, etc. If you raise your energies through meditation, Tai Chi, or related.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO STRETCH!! REGULARLY.

Energy can get trapped and cause serious problems. Say someone over trains one day by doing 200 pushups of which is not their norm.

Western Medical Doctors usually lack the knowledge to handle this sort of thing. One should see an acupuncturist.

Prevention is always preferable.

Keep your body as flexible as is possible. This will keep your chi/witchpower circulating and also help you avoid and lessen any training injuries.

If you want to know more about how to progress in strength and endurance without adding any external weight, you should look to Overcoming Gravity by Steven Low and you can look to Building the Gymnastic Body by Christopher Sommer for what concerns mobility. In alternative to Christopher Sommer, GMB fitness seems to have a good philosophy for mobility training. The different between Christopher Sommer's method and GMB fitness's method is that the former is for people who do better with discipline and structure, while the latter will appeal more to people who prefer flexibility.

One difference between bodyweight training weightlifting is also that bodyweight skills are fully transferable to real life, while weightlifting skills are only partially transferable. This statement came from the findings of research groups like the Mountain Tactical Institute, who cater exclusively to mountain and tactical athletes (i.e. military, law enforcement, fire rescue for the tactical group; and hiking, backpacking, climbing, skiing, mountain running, kayak/paddling, hunting, sledding/snowmobiling for the mountain group.) Whatever you do, stay away from "classic" gym machines which, unlike bodyweight training free weightlifting, are almost always connected to long-term joint damage.

Thank you for sharing that information . I never read that post Maxine put up because I never really had access to the Yahoo groups. For some reason my phone just refused to load anything from there. It would be infuriating becAuse members would always link posts from there and I could never access it >.< Thanks again brother!

HAIL SATAN!!!!

HP Mageson666

Postby HP Mageson666 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 am

There are books and probably video's online that show progression exercises to build up to the full exercises like pull up's and such to avoid this as well. That is why Hatha Yoga is the best its balanced for this. Also it works on the soul, central nervous system and endocrine system directly.

ss666 wrote:I also recommend the book Stormblood recomended "Building the Gymnastic Body".

I want to add that if you ever get joint prolonged pains in the shoulders, knees or elbows to stop training until you are fully healed and learn the correct form of the exercise. An injury can set you back to square zero, a tendinitis is common and very nasty.

hailourtruegod

Postby hailourtruegod » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Stormblood wrote:.

Awesome I was planning on asking if anyone still had this information. I must had forgotten or not noticed she also put this on the Yahoo groups. Thanks.

HP Mageson666 wrote:There are books and probably video's online that show progression exercises to build up to the full exercises like pull up's and such to avoid this as well. That is why Hatha Yoga is the best its balanced for this. Also it works on the soul, central nervous system and endocrine system directly.

ss666 wrote:I also recommend the book Stormblood recomended "Building the Gymnastic Body".

Hatha Yoga is winzzz.

Hail Satan!!!

Wotanwarrior

Postby Wotanwarrior » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:46 am

From my personal experience, both in all the cases that I have seen in the gym and by myself when I trained in that way the typical heavy exercises that are used in bodybuilding and powerlifting like the bench press, the squat, the deadlift, the leg press, ect, are extremely injurious and damaging to the joints.
Apart from the risk of suffering a serious injury, with this type of training the joints become rigid and that can make your progress in yoga more difficult.
In my case I never got a serious injury but it took a lot of effort to regain the elasticity in my hips and knees after leaving this type of training.

HP Mageson666

Postby HP Mageson666 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:20 am

That is why I like Hatha Yoga when I started doing it I felt my muscles unravel from years of heavy training even with convention stretching it still had lasting effects.

Wotanwarrior wrote:From my personal experience, both in all the cases that I have seen in the gym and by myself when I trained in that way the typical heavy exercises that are used in bodybuilding and powerlifting like the bench press, the squat, the deadlift, the leg press, ect, are extremely injurious and damaging to the joints.
Apart from the risk of suffering a serious injury, with this type of training the joints become rigid and that can make your progress in yoga more difficult.
In my case I never got a serious injury but it took a lot of effort to regain the elasticity in my hips and knees after leaving this type of training.

LaconicLion

Postby LaconicLion » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 am

Stormblood wrote:

Do you have the other downloads for gmb.io? I remember you posted Focused Flexibility. It would be great if you had their other programs too.
What have you done today to build Satan's Kingdom? :)
Influencing Millions w/ MetaPolitics: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24859
Paths to Financial Abundance: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24602#p109150

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:36 am

LaconicLion wrote:Do you have the other downloads for gmb.io? I remember you posted Focused Flexibility. It would be great if you had their other programs too.

I have Elements (thanks to an SS brother who purchased it, then asked for a full refund because he couldn't do it), Focused Flexibility, Paralletes 1 and 2, Floor 1, Rings 1 and 2. All these, except for Elements, are available online through research. What is missing is Integral Strength, Vitamin and Floor 2. Ideally, if one has the money for it, could buy one of those, then ask for a full return for many plausible reasons. This way, those are gained free of charge.

As a side note, I must say that I like how GMB programmes are structured but I'm sticking to GB for now because I have different goals right now.

Do you need me to post links to them?

AldebaranDeTauro

Postby AldebaranDeTauro » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:55 pm

Stormblood wrote:
LaconicLion wrote:Do you have the other downloads for gmb.io? I remember you posted Focused Flexibility. It would be great if you had their other programs too.

I have Elements (thanks to an SS brother who purchased it, then asked for a full refund because he couldn't do it), Focused Flexibility, Paralletes 1 and 2, Floor 1, Rings 1 and 2. All these, except for Elements, are available online through research. What is missing is Integral Strength, Vitamin and Floor 2. Ideally, if one has the money for it, could buy one of those, then ask for a full return for many plausible reasons. This way, those are gained free of charge.

As a side note, I must say that I like how GMB programmes are structured but I'm sticking to GB for now because I have different goals right now.

Please do as I would be interested in reading them as well. Thank you in advanced.

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm

AldebaranDeTauro wrote:
Stormblood wrote:

Please do as I would be interested in reading them as well. Thank you in advance.

Focused Flexibility: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1373 Alternate: https://uptobox.com/odwbww9cmw07
Rings One: https://torrentz2.eu/a711f70de385c47179 ... 1ed3240513 Alternate: http://uptobox.com/78snu1qwkakj
Rings Two: https://torrentz2.eu/a9653c82b7a0ec77dd ... efa22cdf6d Alternate: http://uptobox.com/ler9rpvyykv4
Parallettes One: https://torrentz2.eu/1e7cc1136b2f5239d5 ... 4b275b3094 Alternate: https://uptobox.com/pwmwf2msify9
Parallettes Two: https://torrentz2.eu/a2d4c49ae986e67abb ... d78633d100 Alternate: https://uptobox.com/w20w18mbonvs
Floor One: https://torrentz2.eu/a5106a1cc54937902c ... 588086a6a7 Alternate: http://uptobox.com/9pbey320ofsz

To infiltrators: I'm in no way accountable for plagiarism of this programmes in any way, shape or form. I'm only a mediator sharing links hosted in web space that does not belong me, as I'm neither the owner of the hosting space or the owner of the accounts who share them.

LaconicLion

Postby LaconicLion » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Awesome. This'll do great things for my body and health. I think it was Hitler who said something like "A strong mind, is generally found only in a strong body." The Hitler Youth also went through abundant physical training, laboring in the fields and lots of sports. Thanks, Stormblood.
What have you done today to build Satan's Kingdom? :)
Influencing Millions w/ MetaPolitics: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24859
Paths to Financial Abundance: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24602#p109150

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:19 pm

LaconicLion wrote:Awesome. This'll do great things for my body and health. I think it was Hitler who said something like "A strong mind, is generally found only in a strong body." The Hitler Youth also went through abundant physical training, laboring in the fields and lots of sports. Thanks, Stormblood.

You are welcome, man. I have to say I haven't tried all of them and neither am I a physical trainer. I'm just familiar with their philosophy, their blog posts and two of their programmes. I hope they truly benefit you. If you feel like to keeping us posted on your progress through this approach to physical fitness, please do.

hailourtruegod

Postby hailourtruegod » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:37 am

For pull ups when one can easily do 3 sets of 10 or maybe even up to 5 sets without a problem then it'll be a good time to start using a belt and chain with weights on it. Imo.

But what about for push ups and squats? After what point should one consider using a weighted vest or something like that while doing these two? What's you guy's recommendations?

Hail Satan!!!

jay

Postby jay » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 pm

I'm at the point where I prefer bodyweight/gymnastics movements to gym/weights as well. when you progress on them you know for a fact you are getting stronger in terms of lean mass, not just "bulking up". the feeling of mastering a new progression just feels more satisfying than adding a couple more pounds to the same exercise. Not to mention the powerlifting and heavy lifting meme that goes around will end up doing a lot of damage to your body over time.

I've become a bit fed up with how jewed out the gym/fitness/instagram culture has become too. Now I can workout outside and for free minus the cost of permanently owning a few pieces of equipment to make things more fun/don't even take up much space.

I saw Christopher Sommer(gymnastics body) get mentioned in the thread. Pavel Tsatsouline, who popularized kettleball training and trained russian Spetnaz forces got mentioned as well who is good. if anyone wants a specific book I probably have it and can post it either here or via pm by request.
Dominik Sky also has these YT videos showing progressions and tons of exercises to do. focus on basics first.
Upper Body pushing progressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvMDlQ8Zyk
Upper Body pulling progressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qwqqyj4jkk
Core progressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lsp_6V47E

http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/exerci ... ns_12.html good progressions for major movements as well.

HP Mageson666 wrote:To be honest don't waste your time with push up's and convention body weight exercises you end up going nowhere after a point it just gives some extra stamina but no strength gains. Let us find out how to solve this for win.

i always prefered sprinting in a field or on hills to long distance running. more efficient timewise, more fun, sprinting contributes to better physique , less damage on joints(even moreso since many joggers are on concrete).

Strange that you mention Hindu squats after implying that super high reps does nothing to a point. I believe Hindu squats were popularized by Matt Fureys "Combat Conditioning" in which he advocates working up to doing sets of hundreds at a time. Even with a weight vest your still looking at what appears to be an endurance based workout rather than strength?

Pistol squats are an alternative and are basically the lower body equipvalent of the pullup in terms of mastering your own body. even a large percentage of athletes let alone gymgoers can't perform a single unweighted one. with weight very tough. progressions: http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/squat-progression.html

HP Mageson666

Postby HP Mageson666 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:06 am

I didn't state it does absolutely nothing. But if your looking to build strength you need to add more resistance that is common sense. A weight vest adds resistance.

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Not necessarily. You only add weight if you prefer going in that direction but, in the end, using continuously those added weights will end up damaging joints.

If one is serious about not using weight, the only way to keep progressing is decreasing leverage.

jay wrote:I'm at the point where I prefer bodyweight/gymnastics movements to gym/weights as well. when you progress on them you know for a fact you are getting stronger in terms of lean mass, not just "bulking up". the feeling of mastering a new progression just feels more satisfying than adding a couple more pounds to the same exercise. Not to mention the powerlifting and heavy lifting meme that goes around will end up doing a lot of damage to your body over time.

I've become a bit fed up with how jewed out the gym/fitness/instagram culture has become too. Now I can workout outside and for free minus the cost of permanently owning a few pieces of equipment to make things more fun/don't even take up much space.

Jay, do you have any experience with TacFit? I'm studying that. Mainly programs with equipment-free exercises, such as Primal Stress. I may report results after I've done it for at least three months. Especially the mobility part seems very sensible and the idea behind TacFit makes more sense than CrossFit and many common bodyweight exercises, in my opinion.

There seem to be a lot of promotional paragraphs in the presentation of the programmes as well as at the beginning of their program but the people I have talked with, which is mainly military, seems to acknowledge the efficacy of it, behind the promotional material.

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:21 pm

But the question is, is strength training necessary for spiritual advancement or anything pertaining that?