Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Competition

Eric13

HP Mageson made a topic on the subject some years ago and we had a group discussion on it. The conclusion, if I remember, of the subject was that, by large, it inhibited growth in the bigger picture and created division instead of camaraderie.

Upon recent reflection, and looking at who I am now as a person and my mindset vs when I was younger, my opinion has wavered and I’d like to have this discussion again with others for more perspective.

When I was younger and played sports in school, I was very passionate about it and naturally very competitive. Not only did I want my team to win, I wanted to be the best on the team. This was something I became very passionate about and invested a lot of time to achieve this goal. Every game, watching the other players and my teammates, stirred the fire and made me work harder and harder. I noticed this mindset became apart of me and I worked like this with everything I did. I always wanted to be as good as I could at anything and worked really hard at it. There was a competitive drive. Now I don’t engage in any competitive activities and I’ve noticed my drive is low when working for certain goals. I just casually move in the direction I’m aiming for. Whereas when I was younger in sports, I moved with force towards my goals. This could be an individual thing unrelated to competitive spirit, but at the moment reflecting it feels they are linked.

There is a particular goal I’ve been working for in the last year and I’ve gotten pretty good at it, but I have much room for improvement and sometimes I noticed I’ll go on the internet and watch others do this thing, and I’ll just be in a blaze with sometimes jealousy, if I’m honest and it just forces me to work harder.

Can competition be good, for inspiring us to reach further than we otherwise would and accomplish more?

I think competition is all about the mindset of the parties involved. If it is competition done for the sake of growth and enjoyment, it is healthy. The loser will have an opportunity to learn from their mistakes and grow, and the winner (optimally) will still have had to struggle a bit to attain victory and learned some things too, in combination with feeling the satisfaction of winning which can act as a drive to improve even more in the future.

On the flipside, competition between arrogant people who look only for a sense of superiority, is not healthy. The loser will get insulted and belittled for losing, and in most cases just become frustrated as a whole, which in the majority of people inhibits growth (there are some Saturnians and the like out there who grow in these situations and who may seek revenge, but that's besides my point). And the winner wouldn't care to learn more as they have already achieved their goal of feeling superior.

Competition is healthy when done in a healthy way(sports for example).

And who are you going to compete with exactly?

teamwork and competition are 2 different things.

teamwork revolves around co-operation, filling in the gaps that the other lacks and supporting each other.
competition is as it's name implies, working to best the other person with little to no regards of the other competitor/s.
the actual definition of competition : the activity or condition of striving to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.

As far as i see, as SS we work together as a team not against each other.
[url=https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Al_Jilwah.html said:
Satan[/url]"]It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them.

Shael said:
On the flipside, competition between arrogant people who look only for a sense of superiority, is not healthy. The loser will get insulted and belittled for losing, and in most cases just become frustrated as a whole, which in the majority of people inhibits growth (there are some Saturnians and the like out there who grow in these situations and who may seek revenge, but that's besides my point). And the winner wouldn't care to learn more as they have already achieved their goal of feeling superior.
...which is the majority of (((mainstream, commercially-lucrative sports))).

Haaaah! I figured it out.

Maybe, inspiration is just as motivating as competition. It’s gotta be. That was my problem. Looking at others with envy rather than being inspired instead.

Competition has its place. And I don’t think it’s destructive entirely like was concluded on the previous thread on the topic, but it’s as was mentioned here, it can’t be an ego thing. That’s going to ruin you. That’s treating the problem, not curing the underlying issue. And its not good in the long run. With inspiring sources to guide us, we’re better off. And it’s even better because there’s a lot of answers we look for when we’re young. Especially questions like who are we? And often we can find those answers in others. Others wiser, and more experienced. And they can hasten our ascent upwards. I’m finally getting it now. Only took, years and years...

Eric13 said:

Maybe, inspiration is just as motivating as competition. It’s gotta be. That was my problem. Looking at others with envy rather than being inspired instead.

Competition has its place. And I don’t think it’s destructive entirely like was concluded on the previous thread on the topic, but it’s as was mentioned here, it can’t be an ego thing. That’s going to ruin you. That’s treating the problem, not curing the underlying issue. And its not good in the long run. With inspiring sources to guide us, we’re better off. And it’s even better because there’s a lot of answers we look for when we’re young. Especially questions like who are we? And often we can find those answers in others. Others wiser, and more experienced. And they can hasten our ascent upwards. I’m finally getting it now. Only took, years and years...
People superior to us should be admired, not hated, yours was a xian mental hangup.

Aquarius said:
Eric13 said:

People superior to us should be admired, not hated, yours was a xian mental hangup.

Naaa, a little different.

I believe it depends on how the individual improves due to competition.

Competition at advanced levels requires an understanding of concious improvement, and how to get results in an optimal manner.

These skills could be used in a negative manner, and without proper knowledge, could cause deterioration.

Look at the lives of Professional Athletes, some very Satanic individuals, and some very Ugly individuals, these individuals were both "built" by the same Competitive Society.
----

Competitive spirit is good as long as we know how to handle it.

I think it's a gift, tho sometimes it can invoke us a wrath of jealousy and make us unbearadle to others. It can make our fire to burn us from the inside so to say. My point is- some hang ups here are really dangerous to competitive people and people who are motivated more and restless always (often fire types).

It can make us jealous all the time and really frustrated. Being sometimes lil jealous is okay from time to time, but if we are jealous too often it's usually a sign of a hang-up that we somehow developed.

You need to figure out do you have any and why and then try to fix it slowly. But competition is natural thing, it happens everywhere, it keeps evolution going, it can be really good as long we can grow and learn something from it, but also to not harm others in some way. Try to make them learn something too and to make them better.

Eric13 said:
HP Mageson made a topic on the subject some years ago and we had a group discussion on it. The conclusion, if I remember, of the subject was that, by large, it inhibited growth in the bigger picture and created division instead of camaraderie.

Upon recent reflection, and looking at who I am now as a person and my mindset vs when I was younger, my opinion has wavered and I’d like to have this discussion again with others for more perspective.

Competition involves tearing your opponents down, Cooperation involves building each other up. That's what we're meant to do here is cooperate, not compete. It isn't a contest to see who's the most powerful, knowledgeable, etc. because the Gods beat us in all of those aspects by a long shot. It's nothing to be discouraged about, it's actually something to be inspired by. It took me years to realize this, but does a community sustain itself by pitting themselves against each other? No.

I'm glad you had insights about what our true intentions are here.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back