Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation

FigliodiThor said:
do you meditate with your eyes closed or open?
Personally I've always had an easier time meditating and doing workings with my eyes open. But if I'm removing curses from my soul then I'll have my eyes closed, or if I'm vibrating into my chakra's my eyes will be closed. Also depends on how I'm feeling as well.

FigliodiThor said:

You can choose either method. Depends on the context as well. Like void meditation for example. Usually it is visual concentration on a certain point but you can also do it with your eyes closed when you focus on a sound i think

FigliodiThor said:
Most of the meditations except certain kinds of void meditation are to be done with your eyes closed so that your mind uses all of its processing power in the meditation rather than wasting it on visual senses and related actions accompanying it.

Jack said:
FigliodiThor said:
Most of the meditations except certain kinds of void meditation are to be done with your eyes closed so that your mind uses all of its processing power in the meditation rather than wasting it on visual senses and related actions accompanying it.
Or with your eyes open, but ignoring what is seen. Like the Void. Eyes are open, but not focused on anything and the mind ignores it and doesn't care what is there. Not looking at anything or focused. Then just focus on the feelings you get in your body, the energy rivers moving when you breathe, and you can still visualize seeing in frony of you whatever you need to. I don't think it makes much difference between if the eyes are open or closed. But having to pull your eye lid muscles closed to keep your eyes closed could even be an extra strain or effort that you don't need. I think having the eyes open like this might even be better. Feels like the right side brain stays more active like this, when if your eyes are closed your mind might want to sleep.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Jack said:
FigliodiThor said:
Or with your eyes open, but ignoring what is seen. Like the Void. Eyes are open, but not focused on anything and the mind ignores it and doesn't care what is there. Not looking at anything or focused. Then just focus on the feelings you get in your body, the energy rivers moving when you breathe, and you can still visualize seeing in frony of you whatever you need to. I don't think it makes much difference between if the eyes are open or closed. But having to pull your eye lid muscles closed to keep your eyes closed could even be an extra strain or effort that you don't need. I think having the eyes open like this might even be better. Feels like the right side brain stays more active like this, when if your eyes are closed your mind might want to sleep.
That's only a particular form of void meditation I.e outer trataka. Without closing the eyes, you won't be able to see the colours, the ripples, the diagrams, the visions that come from deep meditation I.e true meditation. All void meditation is simply preparing your mind to concentrate while in deep trance where real (Dhyana) takes place. And no closing your eyes does not strain but relaxed the muscles. If you do it very quickly you might feel getting strained but doing breathing exercises will help you calm down. Mantra, tantra(energy expansion and directing) and most other thing are to be done with eyes closed. Except for certain void meditation meditation practices which are initial stages of yoga before you proceed to higher stages which forces you to look within. Visualization is not as strong when the eyes are open. There's a noticeable difference.

What is supposed to is up to the individual.
In my most humbled opinion.

Jack said:
Ol argedco luciftias said:
Jack said:
That's only a particular form of void meditation I.e outer trataka. Without closing the eyes, you won't be able to see the colours, the ripples, the diagrams, the visions that come from deep meditation I.e true meditation. All void meditation is simply preparing your mind to concentrate while in deep trance where real (Dhyana) takes place. And no closing your eyes does not strain but relaxed the muscles. If you do it very quickly you might feel getting strained but doing breathing exercises will help you calm down. Mantra, tantra(energy expansion and directing) and most other thing are to be done with eyes closed. Except for certain void meditation meditation practices which are initial stages of yoga before you proceed to higher stages which forces you to look within. Visualization is not as strong when the eyes are open. There's a noticeable difference.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back