Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Reinventing positive...

Gearshift

Are there any guides or any websites that deal with changing your internal monologue into a positive one and being positive.

I do trash myself a lot with negativity and kinda work through my negative mindset. But not because I want to be negative but it's the truth. My life hasn't been anything special and I do have hopes my Saturn return helps me rather than makes me more miserable.

So the question is how much effort does it take to be and think positive. I would often say affirmations and I've been told I speak with a lot of affirmations. Not in a bad way but because of my affirmative responses it can affect me.

So what exactly can I do to combat negativity and whatnot. Be mindful that I have studied this in my past but it never clicked with me. It's kinda like meditation and programming of energy I have a lot of doubts and ideas and don't know how to take the experience for what it is.

I guess what I'm trying to state is I didn't fully appreciate it in my past and I'm wanting to change.

So are there any basic, intermediate, and advanced strategies to genuinely combat: You are what you think? In this case being negative.

Gear88 said:

When I was under enemy attack when I was new I was dealing with major depression and it came with a lot of negative self-talk. It becomes a kind of mindset you get 'stuck' in, like a broken record and it'll kind of become a 'just the way I am' scenario. It's something you can change but it's something you have to break out of too. I would force myself to listen to upbeat and positive music when feeling down, even when I wanted to wallow and listen to angsty trash instead, I would force myself to compliment myself even if it made me feel disgusted, repulsed and wrong.

Now due to all of this despite being severely Saturnian I'm very optimistic and have a zealous love for life and positive things like flowers, sunny days, etc, etc, and I'm not afraid to admit that. You have to make a habit out of it. And trust me when I say you have to force it no matter how much you hate or don't want to listen to 'Lush Life' instead of thinking how many different ways and languages you can call yourself a failure in.

I'd suggest checking your natal chart online somewhere and figure out what planet is in your first house, as this house rules how you are as a person, your impression on life and your general personality. You can then check here for the planet and figure out it's rulerships, what influences it has, what it's like, etc, also here for even further information regarding what it means to have the planet in your first house. You can then figure out what you need to combat and protect yourself from regarding the planet either spiritually or mentally.

Banish negative thoughts and replace them with positive affirmation. Do this whenever negative thoughts crop up, look for and focus on positive things or effects. Even when something bad happens to you look for a positive effect that bad thing may have for you in the long run, and if there isn't any just make one up!

Have positive expectations on things and don't complain too much. Be careful of how you express yourself and never write a post like this again. These types of posts reaffirm your negative outlook on life and on yourself.

In all honesty it's about lying to yourself that you ARE positive until you actually become positive and teach your brain to have a more positive outlook on life. This worked for me.

Dahaarkan said:
In all honesty it's about lying to yourself that you ARE positive until you actually become positive and teach your brain to have a more positive outlook on life. This worked for me.
Often times it is actually not even "lying" per say, as many many many of these thoughts and feelings can come from enemy Greys messing with you. So this "lying" in actuality is just you denying the thoughts induced by the enemy. Atleast in some cases.
I'm saying this because I personally experienced it this way. It could be different for others, so I cant say anything for sure here.
For example yesterday Greys were messing with me during one of my workings, trying to mess up my visualization. I would usually just brush this off as my own personal doubts, and not as it being an enemy attack. I just tuned out of those thoughts and forcefully kept focusing on my proper visualization.
The reason I know it actually was Greys and not just personal doubts, is because one of my SS friends came by and killed the Greys after I told her about it. They werent really an "issue" to me per say as I just tuned out of them, but I could clearly notice, and I mean clearly notice that there was much less pressure on my head afterwards. Like the Greys had constantly been metaphorically "banging on the door" of my mind trying to get in, which caused an uncomfortable pressure.

I don't know if this is also the case for many others, but I just thought I should share it as maybe it will help someone.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back