Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Does "Hatha" Yoga build muscles?

luis

So from like a week i started a Hatha Yoga program (the one posted by Egon, Asana+ Mantra but i added 108 breath of fire for each Asana and at the end i do Sat Nam Kriya) and what i want to ask is with this program could help me build muscles? Or do you think i should add something else? This set probabily last me like 40 minutes (and spirituality speacking is really powerful, i just do 18 vibrations for each chakras but it's much stronger than when i was doing 36 reps for each chakras and the breathing exercise's for each).

Yes indeed it does. Unlike other methods if done properly it's similar to a full body workout. The more you do the longer you'll be able to hold each position to get more benifits. It's the original workout, notice how a push-up is simply transitioning from plank to low plank.

I'm not the type to easily gain muscle, but my entire body is toned from hatha: legs, core, back, arms. I don't know what Egon's program you mentioned is (I do remember looking through it when he first posted it, but preferred my own), but make sure your hatha routine has all 8 essentials: standing, balancing, sitting, kneeling, prone, supine, twists, and inversions.

Lydia said:
I'm not the type to easily gain muscle, but my entire body is toned from hatha: legs, core, back, arms. I don't know what Egon's program you mentioned is (I do remember looking through it when he first posted it, but preferred my own), but make sure your hatha routine has all 8 essentials: standing, balancing, sitting, kneeling, prone, supine, twists, and inversions.
https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227&hilit=Asana+s+and+mantras
This is what he is talking about!

OnedayHPimaybe said:
Yes indeed it does. Unlike other methods, if done properly it's similar to a full body workout. The more you do the longer you'll be able to hold each position to get more benefits. It's the original workout, notice how a push-up is simply transitioning from plank to low plank.
Thank you. I have already noticed that both my arms are more toned and have more muscle with my old yoga routine (which was basically the 5 Tibetans). The only thing is that I think I will add some easy bodyweight exercises 3 times a week just to help a bit more to get muscles.

Lydia said:
I'm not the type to easily gain muscle, but my entire body is toned from Hatha: legs, core, back, arms. I don't know what Egon's program you mentioned is (I do remember looking through it when he first posted it but preferred my own), but make sure your Hatha routine has all 8 essentials: standing, balancing, sitting, kneeling, prone, supine, twists, and inversions.
The routine that I'm doing is this https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227#p75677 the only differences are that I changed the last asana with a squat pose, I added 108 reps of breath of fire for each pose and at the end I do 3 minutes of Sat Nam kriya (because I don't do the Kundalini Yoga spinal series but I still wanted to do the Sat Nam kriya) i noticed that there are not Standing poses, do you think I should add them?

It makes you fit and strong,when I was doing hatha yoga I remember that it made me physically strong,along with chi gong.I don't think it like makes your muscle grow but you will become physically strong to lift heavy weight,even stronger than some guys with muscle lol
make sure to incorporate corpse pose after your yoga session,it is very beneficial as it will help the energy circulate and after a while you would begin to feel the energy buzz

Another thing to consider, your body is an organism, by stretching, you are making it easier for nutrients to reach every cell in the body.

Benefits I've noticed from hatha yoga:
Sleep faster
Sleep better
Well rested
No aches, higher pain tolerance
Heat and cold are more bearable
Duration of soreness decreased
Toned muscles
Stronger muscles
Clear mind
Emotional stability
Natural High
Feeling beautiful, sexy and healthy :D
Increased Body awareness
Stronger Aura
Increased Virility
Enhanced foundation meditation
----

For standing poses, try adding the Warriors (easily found online), and Triangle, which is said to be good for the aura. Tree pose I consider to be an essential, it is grounding and stabilizing, especially when done with arms rounded up above the shoulders (mimicking the shape of a tree with leaves on top). Eagle helps with focus.

Most of Egon's pics are not showing in my browser.

Luis, thank you for posting the link to the routine that you are using. I'm gonna try to get started on it as soon as my back calms down from a work injury that happened about 2 months ago.
Being almost 60 years old, I've always been in very good shape, but this has set me back a bit.
The poses in the routine would not be a problem, except the headstand for the 6th chakra. Would you (or anyone else on this post) have another recommendation pose for the 6th chakra.
Thanks to you and all my Brothers and Sisters.
Hail Father Satan

Lydia said:
For standing poses, try adding the Warriors (easily found online), and Triangle, which is said to be good for the aura. Tree pose I consider to be an essential, it is grounding and stabilizing, especially when done with arms rounded up above the shoulders (mimicking the shape of a tree with leaves on top). Eagle helps with focus.

Most of Egon's pics are not showing in my browser.
I'll do it, thank you.
Aquarius said:
Not as much as bodyweight strength training but it does.
Ok, I think I will add some bodyweight exercises some 3 times a week. I don't want to be hulk but I definitely want a more fit body.
victory666 said:
Luis, thank you for posting the link to the routine that you are using. I'm gonna try to get started on it as soon as my back calms down from a work injury that happened about 2 months ago.
Being almost 60 years old, I've always been in very good shape, but this has set me back a bit.
The poses in the routine would not be a problem, except the headstand for the 6th chakra. Would you (or anyone else on this post) have another recommendation pose for the 6th chakra.
Hail Father Satan
Keep in mind that this routine is advanced, try it and see if you can do it. Maybe do not add the breath of fire like i did for now. Instead of the headstand i do this https://www.pocketyoga.com/pose/headstand_tripod_knees_on_elbows

victory666 said:
Hail Father Satan
I suggest you to find a iyengar yoga teacher, at your age your body is probabily more delicate so you should avoid mistakes in yoga.

Aquarius said:
victory666 said:
Hail Father Satan
I suggest you to find a iyengar yoga teacher, at your age your body is probabily more delicate so you should avoid mistakes in yoga.
And do chigong,its easier and also very beneficial,complete morning chigong by mantak chia is very powerful,especially when you get to do more reps
Here it is
https://youtu.be/rHPmHLntgeo
https://youtu.be/6qpDX_yldeg

Aquarius said:
victory666 said:
Hail Father Satan
Or if he can't do Hatha yoga. There is still the Kundalini Yoga spinal series and Qi Gong and/or Falun Gong.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back