Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Mental Hangups

Brdredr

Website
www.youtube.com
Another sleepless night, another lecture based on something I've learned (or re-learned) .

As we go through the motions of life, there are things that we experience which are unhealthy for us in a physical, mental, and spiritual sense. This can result in hangups, which, if not dealt with can seriously hinder your progress as a Spiritual Satanist. Some of you have an easier time dealing with these, some of you struggle (like myself) but I've never claimed to know everything.

As warriors for Father Satan and our Gods, we haven't had fortunate lives for a reason: The enemy does everything in their power to make our lives and experiences miserable which is one factor in having hangups as well as other reasons (being brought up in a xtian or islamic household for example) that pound the wrong ideas and practices into newcomers' heads. Some of us have been brought under countless illusions that have molded our train of cognitive thought, in other words "being fooled" it takes time and practice for us to recognize bullshit faster than Penn & Teller.

People, events, circumstances, ideas, these are things that bombard us in our lives from day one, like preconceived notions that we've formed in our heads based off things that aren't even real or are based on falsified information or illusion. In this path, we are about truth, justice, and moral righteousness and should never fall for illusions. Alas, nobody is perfect and sometimes we do fall for these. But the first step to bettering yourself is to realize your mistakes and correct them. A mental hangup can act like a loop, to where you're repeating the same things over and over and over again to where you're not even trying to convince somebody else, you're subconsciously tricking yourself into a pessimistic mindset, a god complex, a superiority/inferiority complex among other things caused by factors such as inebriation (drug consumption), being misled, paranoia and fear, and so on.

To realize this loop is the first step into combating it. An exercise I prefer to do is a form of self-hypnosis, to where you fall into a trance and program your own subconscious. It's easier said than done in some cases, but it can be done. What works for myself may not work for another, and what works for you may not work for another. We are all individuals, but we're individuals in a community like this forum designed to help one other.

I hope you don't mind me posting this both as a personal reflection and a light in the dark for some who may be stuck. Remember, we're all in this together.

Hail Satan.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back