Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Anne Hathaway says her brain felt like a ‘computer rebooting’ after breaking vegan diet

FancyMancy

PmXDxpV.png

Anne Hathaway first went vegan in 2012 as a way to lose weight for a movie role.

Almost immediately, the actor struggled with low energy levels — a reality that prompted her to ditch the diet altogether nearly two years later.

Hathaway recounts the moment she abandoned her veganism in a recent interview with Tatler magazine.

She was out for dinner with her co-star Matt Damon and her husband when it happened.

“I was the only chick and I’m the vegan, and everyone’s just going with the flow so I asked, ‘Is your fish local?'” Hathaway said. “And they said, ‘Do you see that fjord?’ So I had a piece of salmon, and my brain felt like a computer rebooting.”

READ MORE: Meat lovers, vegetarians and vegans — can people with different eating habits date?

Hathaway’s complaint about veganism is not unusual.

Lauren McNeill, a registered dietitian in Toronto, says the most common complaint from her vegan clients is that they struggle with low energy levels. However, this is probably due to how much — or how little — they’re eating.

“Many people don’t realize when switching over to a vegan diet that you need to be eating much more than you might be used to,” McNeill told Global News.

“Plant-based foods are much less calorie-dense than animal foods, meaning you will likely need to eat more to feel full. People who report low levels of energy on a vegan diet might simply not be eating enough.”

Vincci Tsui, a Calgary-based dietitian, agrees.

“Based on Hathaway’s comments, I’d be curious about what she was choosing on a vegan diet,” she said. “I think it can be a healthy choice for whatever reason you choose to be vegan, but it can require some extra planning to make sure your needs are met.”

McNeill recommends her clients follow the Healthy Plate method.

“…Half of your plate is vegetables or fruit, a quarter of your plate is plant-based proteins (like beans, lentils, tofu, tempeh, edamame, nuts or seeds) and a quarter of your plate is whole grains (like brown rice, whole wheat pasta, bulgar, oats or quinoa),” she said.

“Canada’s new food guide is based on this method, and for good reason. This might not be possible all the time, but it’s what we do most of the time that really makes a difference.”

If done properly, a vegan diet should be energizing, satisfying and packed with protein.

“If you are eating a well-balanced, diverse plant-based diet and eating enough food for your body, you will get enough protein,” McNeill said.

Protein is abundant in a plant-based diet, according to McNeill. If you think you need more energy from your meals, try beans, lentils and other legumes, nuts, seeds and soy products like tofu, edamame, tempeh and soy milk.

“We need much less protein than many people think — about 0.85 grams per kg of body weight — meaning that someone who weighs 150 pounds needs about 58 grams of protein per day,” she added.

READ MORE: Meal kits reviews: Are these popular plans worth your money?

Going completely vegan can be intimidating. McNeill understands this, but she wants to emphasize the good that a plant-based diet can do for your health and the environment.

“The livestock sector has been shown to generate more greenhouse gases than all cars, trucks, trains, planes and ships in the world combined, with over 18 per cent of annual worldwide greenhouse gas emissions attributed to farmed animals,” she said.

“Following a plant-based diet has been shown to reduce risk of developing chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes and some cancers.”

READ MORE: It’s not just fat and salt that’s killing us — it’s also what we aren’t eating

For McNeill, making an effort to eat more plant-based foods is a step in the right direction, even if you don’t go completely vegan.

“I’m a firm believer that everyone is on their own journey,” she said.

“Most everyone could benefit from incorporating more plant-based meals into their day if going completely vegan doesn’t feel right for them at this time.”

However, Tsui — who specializes in disordered eating — warns that veganism can sometimes be used to mask disordered eating behaviour. Before going vegan, Tsui encourages her clients to think about the intention behind the switch.

“Are you doing it because of ethical reasons or because you think of it as ‘healthy?'” she said.

“In the new Canada’s Food Guide, there is a push toward choosing more plant-based foods. However, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary to eat 100 per cent plant-based in order to be healthy.”

Both McNeill and Tsui would recommend that you consult a dietitian to ensure your switch to veganism goes smoothly. Here are some other starting points for staying healthy while on a plant-based diet.

Focus on what you’re adding, rather than on what you’re taking away

When transitioning to a vegan diet, McNeill says there’s a tendency to eliminate foods without finding replacements, and that can be problematic.

“Focusing on what we’re adding in rather than taking away helps to ensure that we’re not cutting out any food groups and getting all the nutrients we need,” said McNeill.

“For example, if you used to love eating scrambled eggs, try replacing it with a tofu scramble. If you always ate a tuna sandwich for lunch, try replacing it with a simple chickpea mash recipe.”

Slowly but surely, your meals will become less dominated by animal byproducts, and soon, they’ll be totally plant-based.

READ MORE: ‘Keto crotch’ — What the keto diet can do to women’s vaginal health

Tsui is also a big proponent of the slow and steady approach.

“Start by taking a look at your eating habits. What are some meals or recipes that you already make that are already vegan or can be made vegan with one or two substitutes? Then branch out from there,” said Tsui.

“It’s very common to dive in with both feet, but people end up getting overwhelmed and then they give up.”

Tsui will often recommend that her clients pick one to two days in the week to designate as “new recipe” days. “If it works out, great, add it to your repertoire. If it doesn’t, it’s just one day of the week,” she said.

A vegan diet will require additional planning to ensure you’re incorporating a variety of foods and vitamins to meet your needs.

Remember, taste changes and evolves over time

McNeill likes to prepare her clients for a new diet that may not be very palatable at first.

“Give yourself some time, and don’t beat yourself up if you don’t make the change overnight,” she told Global News.

“There are some people who can go vegan overnight, but most take a much longer time than that to adjust.”

McNeill also recommends working with a registered dietitian when making these changes to ensure you’re not missing any vital nutrients.

WATCH: 5 foods you’re not eating that could help extend your life — study

GwKRfzH.png

For Tsui, becoming vegan will be similar to any other change in diet — it will require trying different things.

“It is going to require a little bit of experimentation,” she said. “Maybe you start with the ‘less healthy’ options as part of that transition.”

Tsui has heard from her clients that taste buds adjust over time.

You should be taking vitamins

According to McNeill, if you follow a vegan diet, you should be taking a vitamin B12 supplement with a minimum of 50 micrograms per day, or 1,000 micrograms three to four times per week.

“Some vegan food is fortified with vitamin B12, like most plant-based milk, nutritional yeast and many vegan meat alternatives, but I still recommend taking a supplement for a more reliable source,” said McNeill.

“Not getting enough vitamin B12 can cause anemia, fatigue and difficulty thinking or concentrating.”

READ MORE: Is the key to dieting not dieting at all?

McNeill also suggests clients take a vitamin D supplement whether they follow a vegan diet or not, especially in the winter.

“Some people may benefit from taking a plant-derived omega-3 supplement as well, especially if they don’t consume omega-3-rich foods like flax seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds or walnuts very often,” said McNeill.

Tsui recommends vitamin B12, vitamin D and omega 3 to both her vegan and non-vegan clients.

“Living in Canada… (vitamin D) is probably a supplement almost everyone needs. We don’t get enough sun here in Canada, and even when we do, we’re bundled up or have sunscreen on,” Tsui said.

“You don’t necessarily have to be vegan to need an omega-3 supplement… it could be anyone not eating two servings of fatty fish per week,” said Tsui.

“Our high omega-3 fish would be salmon, tuna or trout. I always joke that it’s (also the) small, stinky fish, like mackerel, anchovies, sardines and herring… although those are less popular.”

READ MORE: This could be the ‘simplest diet in the world’ — here’s how it works

Tsui’s main concern for vegans is finding a vegan source of these supplements since all three are typically derived from animal byproducts.

She recommends working with a dietitian to find what’s right for you, and McNeill agrees.

“Getting regular bloodwork will provide a more personalized look into what changes should be made in your diet or what supplements might be beneficial for each individual,” McNeill said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5193260/anne-hathaway-vegan-diet

Hmmm... I'm sure females are called actresses not actors. What is this? Enforced androgyny? Oh.

I do wonder about that figure, regarding Animals giving off more gases than anything else. Before the jew started murdering all Animals, there were a lot more of them - and a lot more species and breeds. Now there are fewer and some extinct and there is more dirty, polluting factory, industry, production and chemicals giving off destructive gases and poisons.

"...if going completely vegan doesn’t feel right for them at this time"?
Trying to ease it in, are we?

Speaking of ethical reasons - I saw a programme on le TV in which people decided to live elsewhere, and this one family decided to live where they could grow their own food. The woman there said she stopped eating Animal meat because of the crap that she doesn't know which goes into it, being processed and regulated. She was demonstrating that she eats whichever Animals they have there on their smallholding or farm, which is prepared very freshly and by themselves, and they know what, exactly, is happening with the Animals and meat.

"However, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary to eat 100 per cent plant-based in order to be healthy."
Yeah, that's why you see many weak, sickly, half-dead Animals who are carnivorous/omnivorous naturally. :roll:

"Both McNeill and Tsui would recommend that you consult a dietitian to ensure your switch to veganism goes smoothly"
It sounds as if they believe that the entire World is 'transitioning'. That's Child-like faith in a jew-on-a-stick for you! Fake it 'til you brainwash and enforce it, 'ey?!

"McNeill likes to prepare her clients for a new diet that may not be very palatable at first."
Sadist.

"50 micrograms per day, or 1,000 micrograms three to four times per week"
I am guessing that is supposed to say 100 mg 3-4 times per week, because - if my maths are shit - then 1000*4 = 4000, whereas 50*7=350. Oops. Veganism rapes your mathematical skillz0rs.

There is such a big hoo-haa about "becoming vegan". Surely it's not that there is an agenda to tell people what to think regarding a very vital part of life - eating. No, certainly not! If you want to have a different diet which is not easy and leaves you weak, despite being an omnivore, then that's your business.

"Hathaway married actor and businessman Adam Shulman on September 29, 2012, in Big Sur, California in a traditional Jewish ceremony."

So I guess Shulman is gonna get sacrificed to the egregore for committing a violation of (((Tribal law))) race-mixing. Or do the Rabbi's play the gotcha game and state "You married )))her((( for the shekels. Don't worry it's just an (((infiltration))) not a violation. Let's play G-d and use the stories of jewess infiltration for men and we call it a day, at the least he is doing it in reverse for shekels and gawd.

"Hathaway has also spoken out against the issues of bullying of gay students, discrimination toward transgender children and white supremacy".

Uhm...despite the fact it's been stated by the JoS that white supremacy is a form of social Darwinism, i.e. negative. I still would not be surprised if such person(Anne) has the "I'm white, I'm guilty, lets grey up the white race for muh kalergi". I mean she was born in Jew Jork City her liberal mindset should obviously be questioned in fact if she had to spend time in all these major judiac centers like say Los Angeles, kinda begs the question what they thumped into her head.

Funny enough the amount of donation she has done. I mean don't get me wrong I'm sure in realism the donations and charities have helped people world wide. But in my own understanding of the whole (((tax game))) it's simply a cop out so their shekels aren't (((berged))).

I mean judging from a degree she simply donates and works in charities to not be heisted by taxes.

And to the topic of the news report she basically went normal, vegetarian, then vegan.

And it really begs the question just what is up with these people and the whole marxist food industry. Funny it states she is still doing movies and acting all the way to 2018 and on in the coming years with a few big pictures in 2019 but I hardly if ever seen Anne Hathaway at all. She became the topic of Hollywood back nearing the whole 2005-2008(Like the Princess movie) time period and then afterwards a few movies here and there and finally she just kinda became just another movie actress that kinda disappeared.

I mean when is really the last time you heard her being mentioned. With the few bits of tv and internet I notice about movies not very much at all in these few years.

Its not the amount they are eating, its the fact what they are eating lacks important nutrients that gives them the energy issues. The issue of having to take vitamins is the rates of absorption, you have vegans taking B12 in major amounts and the overwhelming majority of them are B12 deficient. Because the absorption levels of the artificial vitamins they are taking are not that great. The smart vegans know they also have to take Omega 3 supplements and a calcium supplement.

Veganism is dangerous because its built on so many dietary falsehoods, everything you need is in plants, you can get B12 by not washing vegetables, you can convert important Omega 3's from different plant foods. In the end its all false and costs people their health. The vegan diet is from the Christian bible, the original vegan societies were all using the Bible as the source of their vegan belief.

The other problem is vegan diets are not a good source of protein, the natural body builders who go vegan notice their gains in the gym stop, they start losing muscle and their recovery time is slower and they start to develop injuries. Because the diet does not support the training. Then the vegan will take some guy who is on drugs to the extreme and pass them off as why it works. The drugs work, but veganism does not work.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back