Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Am I doing too much?

Poweredbythesun

Website
www.satanisgod.org
First and foremost, I'm currently 2 months going on 3 months into the new program I started.

This includes: 3x Final RTR daily

SA TA NA MA meditation daily

Both yoga sets daily

Void meditation for 5 minutes daily

As well as Foundation Meditation, meditating on Satan's Sigil, and chakra openings.

And from all of this I've progressed, but I don't quite feel like it. It's like I'm living 2 separate lives in a way, and I barely have time to myself.

So I'm making this post to ask for advice. I don't know whether I should add more, take some off, or work towards opening more of my astral senses (as I currently have a difficult time understanding what the gods say, even during ritual)

Any advice is welcome. Thank you for reading, and have a great day :)

Poweredbythesun said:
First and foremost, I'm currently 2 months going on 3 months into the new program I started.

Both yoga sets daily

As well as Foundation Meditation, meditating on Satan's Sigil, and chakra openings.

And from all of this I've progressed, but I don't quite feel like it. It's like I'm living 2 separate lives in a way, and I barely have time to myself.

So I'm making this post to ask for advice. I don't know whether I should add more, take some off, or work towards opening more of my astral senses (as I currently have a difficult time understanding what the gods say, even during ritual)

Hey there!

I do not see the AoP/Returning Curses on your schedule. This one is an absolute necessity and should be done twice a day no matter what.
Also, make sure to always clean yourself after you're done with the RTRs. You can do the Returning Curses afterwards so you get two things done at once, as cleaning is already part of the Returning Curses anyway.

The rest of your routine looks quite solid, but it seems to me that you lack any general working or goal that you put your energies towards (aside from the RTRs). Right now, I would presume that a good deal of your energies are staying unused.
My recommendation would be to start some kind of working for something. Think about something small and simple that you'd like to have in your life right now. Maybe you want a little more money, or maybe you have some bad habits you'd like to get rid of, or even just general happiness. Anything goes, really. I'd advise that you keep your aims small for now, though. As you are still quite new, it can be a pleasant and reassuring experience to take a small goal at first and delight in seeing your energies manifesting the results into your life nicely and swiftly, as opposed to trying a giant working right away and getting discouraged because it doesnt work.

Regarding your lack of personal time, I'm presuming you have some kind of job or other daytime occupation right now which is causing this. The solution to this is quite simple - time management. It may sound dumb, but if you seriously make a schedule for yourself, and stick to it no matter what, you will find that you get your things done much more quickly and efficiently. Many of us here, and especially the HPs, are juggling so many things at once that any normal person would break from it in under a day. But they can do it anyway, because they manage their time well.
So make yourself a schedule, and set aside a little time for yourself to just relax and do whatever. Treat it just like any other task/meditation, and don't get caught up in the relaxation for longer than you scheduled.

Oh yeah, and I don't know how much energy you're having at your disposal right now, but usually 3 RTRs a day is quite the high amount for someone who's this new. Doing spiritual warfare is great, but don't overexert yourself. It will just hurt you in the long run, and make you less productive in warfare over-all. It might be wise to cut down to 1-2 RTRs a day instead for now and instead focus on doing a working, like mentioned above. This will make you better at magick too, and help you grow faster.
It's fun, too!
Remember, the more powerful you become, the more impact your RTRs will have. So slowing down on them right now, and focusing on getting stronger, will actually allow you to have more influence in this spiritual war than you would've had if you just kept spamming 3 RTRs a day until exhaustion.

If you have any further questions, I'd love to hear them :)

It has been said that some need to balance their lives around their meditations. It all depends on various things - how much you want/need to work, have a social life, etc., and how much and how soon you want to empower and advance yourself. Bear in mind it is also of vital importance to have a non-Spiritual life as well as a Spiritual one; non-Spiritual things are just as important. You don't want to be isolated and not eating, not bathing, being a reclusive pariah, etc.

If you go to "the game" or play computer games or do gymnastics or martial arts, hang out with mates in a cinema, or whatever, etc., then enjoy those times and those things - and don't, necessarily, be thinking about Spiritual practices while you do them. If you feel comfortable and fine in what you are doing now, then why not keep doing it? Say for example you did 5 years of hard Spiritual work either at the total expense of other things, or with other things being less important to you, then that would achieve certain results; whereas balancing Spiritual things with Social things and Work things, etc., it might take a few years longer to achieve the same results. If you have enough money to not work, then you might stop working; if not, then you must work to earn money. Perhaps your mates are all shit but you've been ignoring it; focussing on Spiritual work, I would say, would be the better decision to make. If you love your mates and genuinely they are good people and they are decent friends, then you should see them, as well.

We can't tell you what decisions to make; your life is your own. Maybe ask yourself what you really need. We shouldn't burn ourselves out nor become depressed and lonely, etc.

SdD said:
looks good…

But…
It's like I'm living 2 separate lives in a way, and I barely have time to myself.
¿¿¿¿

I've more or less compartmentalized my life into stuff I do outside of Advancement and SS, and stuff I do for SS (RTRs, advancement, etc. .)

I know this is temporary, and necessary. But it makes me feel odd

Maybe occasionally cutting back a bit on RTRs (like only 1 in a day) will help, and leave you stronger for the other RTRs on other days. You don't want to burn yourself out, or feel mentally run down from not enough time to just chill. It is very important to take time to just relax and enjoy yourself. We are not machines, we can't pump out RTRs 3x a day every single day. I've been meditating and doing spiritual warfare for 8 years and even I need to cut back some days.

Lydia said:
Maybe occasionally cutting back a bit on RTRs (like only 1 in a day) will help, and leave you stronger for the other RTRs on other days. You don't want to burn yourself out, or feel mentally run down from not enough time to just chill. It is very important to take time to just relax and enjoy yourself. We are not machines, we can't pump out RTRs 3x a day every single day. I've been meditating and doing spiritual warfare for 8 years and even I need to cut back some days.
Wow and I thought I was lazy by not doing at least 8 a day lmao

Lydia said:

Thank you for the advice Lydia :)

Shael said:
Poweredbythesun said:

Both yoga sets daily

Hey there!

I do not see the AoP/Returning Curses on your schedule. This one is an absolute necessity and should be done twice a day no matter what.
Also, make sure to always clean yourself after you're done with the RTRs. You can do the Returning Curses afterwards so you get two things done at once, as cleaning is already part of the Returning Curses anyway.

The rest of your routine looks quite solid, but it seems to me that you lack any general working or goal that you put your energies towards (aside from the RTRs). Right now, I would presume that a good deal of your energies are staying unused.
My recommendation would be to start some kind of working for something. Think about something small and simple that you'd like to have in your life right now. Maybe you want a little more money, or maybe you have some bad habits you'd like to get rid of, or even just general happiness. Anything goes, really. I'd advise that you keep your aims small for now, though. As you are still quite new, it can be a pleasant and reassuring experience to take a small goal at first and delight in seeing your energies manifesting the results into your life nicely and swiftly, as opposed to trying a giant working right away and getting discouraged because it doesnt work.

Regarding your lack of personal time, I'm presuming you have some kind of job or other daytime occupation right now which is causing this. The solution to this is quite simple - time management. It may sound dumb, but if you seriously make a schedule for yourself, and stick to it no matter what, you will find that you get your things done much more quickly and efficiently. Many of us here, and especially the HPs, are juggling so many things at once that any normal person would break from it in under a day. But they can do it anyway, because they manage their time well.
So make yourself a schedule, and set aside a little time for yourself to just relax and do whatever. Treat it just like any other task/meditation, and don't get caught up in the relaxation for longer than you scheduled.

Oh yeah, and I don't know how much energy you're having at your disposal right now, but usually 3 RTRs a day is quite the high amount for someone who's this new. Doing spiritual warfare is great, but don't overexert yourself. It will just hurt you in the long run, and make you less productive in warfare over-all. It might be wise to cut down to 1-2 RTRs a day instead for now and instead focus on doing a working, like mentioned above. This will make you better at magick too, and help you grow faster.
It's fun, too!
Remember, the more powerful you become, the more impact your RTRs will have. So slowing down on them right now, and focusing on getting stronger, will actually allow you to have more influence in this spiritual war than you would've had if you just kept spamming 3 RTRs a day until exhaustion.

If you have any further questions, I'd love to hear them :)

Right now I've actually been dedicated for 2 years, but this is the first time I've done any serious advancement (I have yet to skip my daily routine in 3 months now :D). Just 3~ weeks ago I added the returning curses ritual too :) But as of late have not added much in terms of using my energy to further myself beyond chakra opening and my regular work :/

Something else that may contribute to this too is my sleep schedule: I wake up in the early morning (3:30~ A.M.) and go to bed around 7:30 P.M. after I wake up it goes Yoga > get around for the day > full AoC working (by vibrating RAUM 108x) > AoP > SaTaNaMa meditation + 3 minute Void meditation on Satan's Sigil > And then whatever else I can fit in before breakfast and work (usually 2 Final RTRs). After work it's usually 1 more Final RTR, another Void meditation, the Returning Curses working (with 108x RAUM in between part 1 and 2) and then that's it for the day.

I've also had a hard time feeling the energy from yoga up until recently, but that's no longer the case :) I just have a hard time focusing on it for 15 minutes straight

What really just bogs me down though is work, 8 1/2 hours a day, and then I have 3* hours left in my day afterwards. Maybe I will start a working to find a better job though :) Or at least one where I'm not standing on concrete next to chemicals all day XD

Aside from all that I don't really have any other questions :) Though I do plan to add trance training sometime next month, but first I should stabilize my schedule. Doing it is easy though, I just mark out the stuff I've done for the day and erase the mark the next day. I've found it works well as motivation, and a tracker for my routine

FancyMancy said:
It has been said that some need to balance their lives around their meditations. It all depends on various things - how much you want/need to work, have a social life, etc., and how much and how soon you want to empower and advance yourself. Bear in mind it is also of vital importance to have a non-Spiritual life as well as a Spiritual one; non-Spiritual things are just as important. You don't want to be isolated and not eating, not bathing, being a reclusive pariah, etc.

If you go to "the game" or play computer games or do gymnastics or martial arts, hang out with mates in a cinema, or whatever, etc., then enjoy those times and those things - and don't, necessarily, be thinking about Spiritual practices while you do them. If you feel comfortable and fine in what you are doing now, then why not keep doing it? Say for example you did 5 years of hard Spiritual work either at the total expense of other things, or with other things being less important to you, then that would achieve certain results; whereas balancing Spiritual things with Social things and Work things, etc., it might take a few years longer to achieve the same results. If you have enough money to not work, then you might stop working; if not, then you must work to earn money. Perhaps your mates are all shit but you've been ignoring it; focussing on Spiritual work, I would say, would be the better decision to make. If you love your mates and genuinely they are good people and they are decent friends, then you should see them, as well.

We can't tell you what decisions to make; your life is your own. Maybe ask yourself what you really need. We shouldn't burn ourselves out nor become depressed and lonely, etc.

Thank you FancyMancy :)

Aquarius said:
Lydia said:
Lol some people make it seem like it is easy to just do five rtrs a day and not get burned out

Too much can be just as bad as too little over the course of time. We do not need to slave away our entire lives and burn out all of our energy to defeat the enemy, the minimum we do daily is fine and going the extra mile should be for when you are willing to do it and not out of devotion to a crippling schedule. Using too much of your energy means lesser power, weaker protection and weaker chakras as you are siphoning the energy from these things to use in workings.

This is why we stress very much about raising our energy and maintaining a steady amount, slowly acclimating over time to higher and higher levels of our bioelectricity. If you use up too much of that energy then that requires more energy workings which can be ultimately exhausting as well as you keep frequently changing your energy levels to really low and really high. I personally have just had to cut off 2 major workings of mine the other day that I deemed were taking too much of my energy and time which left me with little energy and motivation to do advancement workings.

We can't go from 1 to 100 and expect to make super fast and 'Become a god now in just 2 weeks guaranteed' progress. In fact if we over do it we can actually end up slowing our progress as we spread our energy too thin. You don't have to do the minimum, you can do a bit more if you want, but you must know what you're comfortable with. If you feel like you are doing too much, then cutting down a bit might be a good idea. You do not have to cut out entire things unless you feel you've added too much to your plate, but you must know your limitations. As we advance we will be able to handle and deal with more and more, but advancing is going to be slow and steady, not an overnight event.

shinninglight said:
Aquarius said:
Lydia said:
Lol some people make it seem like it is easy to just do five rtrs a day and not get burned out
Everyone should just do however many they can handle based on their personal level of power. Any less or more than that is just inefficient. Some people here can do many, many RTRs every day without burning themselves out. It's important to know your own strength and not get overconfident.
Consistently doing 1 RTR a day, every day, is much more useful than spamming 5 or even 10 RTRs in one day every couple days. Especially if the latter is enough to leave you drained and low on energy.

If "time for yourself" means playing videogames or watching TV, from my point of view, if this is the case, then it's better that you don't have time. Videogames are addictive, a huge waste of time, cause health problems and so on. I don't say that you whould totally dedicate all your time to Satanism, but if you got some free time, you should do something which is beneficial for you, like a sport or things like this. You can try with a schedule as stated above, but if you have an 8h job, during the weekdays is very difficult to have any free time.

Poweredbythesun said:
What really just bogs me down though is work, 8 1/2 hours a day, and then I have 3* hours left in my day afterwards. Maybe I will start a working to find a better job though :) Or at least one where I'm not standing on concrete next to chemicals all day XD
I used to have work 10 hours a day, while also having health issues that made me require 10 hours of sleep every night to function properly.
In situations like these, it's absolutely essential that you take some time for yourself to relax every day. I cannot stress this enough. Not taking some time to relax every day will destroy you slowly. Cut down a little on the RTRs and use that time to relax instead. Just make sure you do atleast 1 RTR a day and you'll be fine.

The Alchemist7 said:
If "time for yourself" means playing videogames or watching TV, from my point of view, if this is the case, then it's better that you don't have time. Videogames are addictive, a huge waste of time, cause health problems and so on. I don't say that you whould totally dedicate all your time to Satanism, but if you got some free time, you should do something which is beneficial for you, like a sport or things like this. You can try with a schedule as stated above, but if you have an 8h job, during the weekdays is very difficult to have any free time.
Unless you do downright self-destructive things like drugs or alcohol, it's always better to have some free time for yourself. Even videogames can work for this purpose just fine. I do agree that it's much better to do something healthy like taking a walk outside or something, but the main point of importance here is that you take some time to just relax. Even 10 minutes every day is much better than nothing. Back when I had this very destructive schedule where sleep & work took up 20 hours of my day, excluding meditation, yoga and RTRs, I still took atleast 5 minutes every day to make myself a nice & warm cup of tea, sit down on my bed, and slowly drink it while relaxing myself as much as possible. It quickly became a part of my routine, simply because it just felt so nice to relax once in a while, that I didn't want to give it up for anything.

Shael said:
I still took atleast 5 minutes every day to make myself a nice & warm cup of tea, sit down on my bed, and slowly drink it while relaxing myself as much as possible. It quickly became a part of my routine, simply because it just felt so nice to relax once in a while, that I didn't want to give it up for anything.
I think I would need the same. I'm sleeping around 6 hours per night, but if I lay myself on the bed or on a chair and just relax I would fall asleep in maximum 15 minutes.

The Alchemist7 said:
Shael said:
I still took atleast 5 minutes every day to make myself a nice & warm cup of tea, sit down on my bed, and slowly drink it while relaxing myself as much as possible. It quickly became a part of my routine, simply because it just felt so nice to relax once in a while, that I didn't want to give it up for anything.
I think I would need the same. I'm sleeping around 6 hours per night, but if I lay myself on the bed or on a chair and just relax I would fall asleep in maximum 15 minutes.
I don't know your exact circumstances, but this sounds like potential sleep deprivation to me. Do you feel sleepy/groggy at all during the day? What's your average daily liquid intake?
I had suffered from sleep deprivation for a long time and it's very destructive to your health.

Many people think that 6 hours of sleep is 'enough' and just use coffee or other stimulants to force themselves to get through the day. This is a very bad thing to do and should be avoided whenever possible.
One good way to test how much sleep you actually need, is to just sleep for as long as you can until you wake up naturally. No stupid alarm clocks or worrying thoughts that force you to wake up early. Just sleep for how long your body wants to sleep.
It's important to try this when you are already well rested, because otherwise you will inevitably sleep much longer than usual due to your body wanting to 'make up' for all the sleep you had lost previously. This can lead to biased results.
Once you know how much you actually need, you should do everything you can to adjust your schedule in such a way that this is possible to attain every day, even if you have to sacrifice some other things for it. Getting sufficient sleep is of vital importance. Take care of your health and don't make the same mistake I did.

The Alchemist7 said:

Honestly I enjoy Videogames, especially single player ones. There's just something about them I find stimulating, and despite trying to give them up I always find myself coming back to them. I do other things though, I cycle, read, and am learning Tarot. More so than anything it's just finding time enough to dissociate from the world and relax.

And there is one game in particular that helps me do just that; Minecraft. For it's age it still plays well, and I just can't help but getting pulled into it honestly. Though I always make sure to set a timer when I play, as I used to get very into it :) As well, FPS games are always nice. Heck, even RTS games can be fun if you don't care if you win or lose :D

Poweredbythesun said:
The Alchemist7 said:

Honestly I enjoy Videogames, especially single player ones. There's just something about them I find stimulating, and despite trying to give them up I always find myself coming back to them. I do other things though, I cycle, read, and am learning Tarot. More so than anything it's just finding time enough to dissociate from the world and relax.

And there is one game in particular that helps me do just that; Minecraft. For it's age it still plays well, and I just can't help but getting pulled into it honestly. Though I always make sure to set a timer when I play, as I used to get very into it :) As well, FPS games are always nice. Heck, even RTS games can be fun if you don't care if you win or lose :D
Nothing bad about videogames, as long as you don't get addicted to them. I play some PvP games from time to time, too :)

Just thought I'd update you all on my current situation:

So far I've cut my Final RTRs down to 1 a day, moved my sleep schedule back 2 hours, and I kept everything else the same. And you would not believe the difference it made, it's like night and day :)

I can feel my chakras better, I've been sleeping better, and I actually feel my energy when I do meditations / after I do yoga :D Going to see about bumping it back up to 2 a day here in 2 weeks, but for sure my sleep schedule will say at the new times :)

Thank you all so much for the help! :D

Poweredbythesun said:
Just thought I'd update you all on my current situation:

So far I've cut my Final RTRs down to 1 a day, moved my sleep schedule back 2 hours, and I kept everything else the same. And you would not believe the difference it made, it's like night and day :)

I can feel my chakras better, I've been sleeping better, and I actually feel my energy when I do meditations / after I do yoga :D Going to see about bumping it back up to 2 a day here in 2 weeks, but for sure my sleep schedule will say at the new times :)

Thank you all so much for the help! :D
Glad to hear that things got better for you.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back