Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

EXPECTATIONS

EasternFireLion666

I've done some heavy thinking on this subject, EXPECTATIONS. And I will get straight to the point. Don't have them. Any kind of them. Work, imporve yourselves of course, but do it as some sort of test with a mentality like "I wanna see how far I can get". Define certain objectives but please do not set expectations and do not dwell on them. It's way easier if you fail to get back up if you think of the objective as a game or challenge. You work much easier, you are not affected that bad by failure and enjoy the success if/when it comes :) Setting expectations does not come voluntarily, you don't see it when they become graved on your mind. But you must be vigillent and control your mind always on this matter.

In short whatever you do, work with passion and optimism and joy, but don't think about the result as something mandatory. YES! I fully agree that it is really good to visualize your dream in order to even manifest it trough your soul energy, but train your mind to have this certain ballance and see the dream without expectations. In words, it may sound like a big contradiction, but inside your head if you make a bit of effort you will understand how to feel and think this.

I personally think that one of the biggest attacks one can experience from negative energy is due to focusing too much on expectations and this happens without even realizing it. It's on the subconscious i think. Don't leave this gate open so it does not tie to the soul

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45&p=76&hilit=Expectations#p76

Aquarius said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this, it is really greatly put. I guess we set this expectations with deadlines because the idea of agind and dying really bothers us without realizing it to the full extent.

It would be great do preserve our memories on a hard drive I guess :lol:

EasternFireLion666 said:
Aquarius said:

It would be great do preserve our memories on a hard drive I guess :lol:
That's why we have a soul :D

You should be doing thinks because you want to but don't "need" to. Being outcome independent and still giving it your all because of genuine interest creates greatness.

“It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.”
-Krishna in the Bhagvat Gita

Integrity is the key to freedom. It’s only your own truth that can ‘set you free.’ It’s perfectly fine if your truth doesn’t match that of others because the experience of physical reality is a completely subjective one. It doesn’t make either of you wrong, as long as you’re both being true to yourselves, that’s all that matters.

It's very easy to set expectations if you tend to be a perfectionist. And you have a really good point there. But there's also nothing bad in having a goal or ambition as well or pushing out of your comfortable zone. The most important thing is on getting better and improving yourself, yes.

One thing to be added is to stop comparing yourself to other people. It can be a huge problem, at least in my case. I keep doing it at times and it's a very toxic thing if you can't control it. I'm an ambitious person. Doing that can make you lose any motivation.

You don't need to look at other people. We're all different beings and the clergy has said repeatedly that, to some extent, this is an individual part, even if we work and fight together for the same cause.

Just don't compare yourself to other people - they're not perfect. They have their own flaws and problems. Work on becoming better and on doing your best and you'll be happy.

One thing that helps me a lot is keeping productive through the day. Even if you don't get done everything that you had in mind, you did get some stuff done and you tried your best.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back