Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Supermarket changes parent-and-child car parking sign to ensure it is 'gender neutral'

FancyMancy

PpTDQTY.jpg

An Aldi superstore is seen in London

Parents have hit out at a supermarket after they were unable to park in a designated parking bay while an attendant painted the space to make it "gender neutral".

Many were dumbfounded after the Aldi in Dunstable, Beds, painted over the figure in the sign's skirt in order to be more inclusive to male and non-gender-conforming parents.

Ema Taylor was unable to park in the parent bay when she turned up to the supermarket with her three children Cerys, 10, six-year-old Blake and Ariya, one, at 4pm on Tuesday.

When she asked why the staff member was painting over the sign, she said she was told that it was to make it "gender neutral."

The 29-year-old mother-of-three posted a picture of the hastily-painted sign on Facebook, which has now been commented on and shared thousands of times.

AbEm9PC.jpg

Spaced out: the offending parking berth

She said: "The world has literally gone MAD!! So went to the shop today to be told I couldn't park in the parent space as they were painting it........painting the dress off the stick person because they need to be 'Gender neutral' as the dress is offending dads with children and people who do not identify as male or female?!

"If you are a dad and you don't park in the parent parking because they have a dress on unfriend me pleasseeeeee!! It's a joke! Second to that if you look at the new and 'improved' sign you will see that it now looks like a stick man with a cape on so if you don't identify as Superman you can't park there."

The mother was eventually allowed to park in another space that had been painted earlier but was dry enough to stop in.

She said: "There were two guys standing in front of bays they had just painted. I asked if they were taking the spaces away and when he told me why they were doing it I thought he was joking at first.

TK4gi1B.jpg

An Aldi superstore is seen in London

"He said they needed to be gender neutral as the dress is offending dads with children and people who don't identify as male or female.

"Now it looks like a man with a superhero suit - do people identify as a superhero?

"He thought it was hilarious too but said he was just following instructions."

Aldi confirmed they had changed the car parking space.

A spokesperson told The Telegraph: “All parent and child car parking spaces at Aldi stores are gender-neutral. This sign was painted incorrectly and will be changed.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/supermarket-changes-parent-and-child-car-parking-sign-to-ensure-it-is-gender-neutral/ar-BBSq7Jb?li=BBoPWjQ

What better way to restart my sharing of j/news articles than one like this?

In a ridiculous way for the ridiculousness in this good article - do people shop in stores as much as they store in shops? I always thought people stored in store(room/cupboard/house)s and shopped in shops. Maybe that's just me...or maybe the jew jewed language! Word, work, werd, werk, weird, twerk, shirk, Dirk... Oh, yes - "weird" and "strange" are as synonymous as "store" and "shop" are! Oh, and yes - gender neuter-ality is not ridic(k)-you-lose at all. Don't rid yourself of your dick, Boys.

Anyway...

Ghost in the Machine said:
Can't even park at a god damn store without being given a cattle tag.
Let's pronounce the word "label" with an accent and try and make it sound like the word "libel". After that, consider that all of this labeling is libelous, 'labelous'. "Label" is nearly 100% the same as "Babel". cough

Much ado about nothing. Symbol shall have looked like that in the first place. Why put woman sign if it is not reserved for women only?

Explicitly female stickman figure shall be on places reserved for women only. On all other places, stickman figure shall be without visual cues that identify it as male or female. That way, such confusion wouldn't arise in the first place.

It would be easy to mistake that parking place for "mothers with children only".

Larissa666 said:
Much ado about nothing. Symbol shall have looked like that in the first place. Why put woman sign if it is not reserved for women only?

Explicitly female stickman figure shall be on places reserved for women only. On all other places, stickman figure shall be without visual cues that identify it as male or female. That way, such confusion wouldn't arise in the first place.

It would be easy to mistake that parking place for "mothers with children only".
I think you are mistaken that is not a stickwoman picture, it's a man in a kilt. You are only allowed to park there if you identify as Scottish.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Larissa666 said:

I think you are mistaken that is not a stickwoman picture, it's a man in a kilt. You are only allowed to park there if you identify as Scottish.

Hmm, could be, but where are his bagpipes? :)

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Larissa666 said:

I identify as the CEO/majority owner of Aldi, and in the car parks I will start charging visitors to use the parking spaces. Hey - they're doing it in hospitals, and some of them have increased the charge, so why not do it in shops?! It's not as if my taxes are not going to fund important things such as healthcare; I need to charge you to use my car parks!

Oops. Sorry. I meant to say och, no. A'ope Groundskeeper Willeh wee'ave summin' te see abou'a'.

Translation:
Oh, no. I hope Groundskeeper Willie will have something to say about that.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back