Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Yoga for base chakra

Tongoenabiago said:
Anyone know of any specific yoga routine for the base chakra?

Hatha Yoga has to do with the directing of flow of the energy in our souls. It enables for the energy within us to travel through our chakras and be directed more easily. There are no specific yoga routines or anything with yoga that can help with the base chakra, however I believe what you're looking for a mudra.

Mudras are hand positions that connect electrical points in our bodies to direct energy and stimulate a specific chakra. This is the mudra for the base chakra.

Base_Mudra.gif
Base_Mudra2.gif

Ghost in the Machine said:
Tongoenabiago said:
There are no specific yoga routines or anything with yoga that can help with the base chakra
Actually that’s not true. The asanas do activate and empower the chakras. For instance if this person is looking for things for the base chakra, Malasana or Uttanasana, the standing forward bend will help with that amongst others. Hence the energy buzz afterwards. The chakras are stimulated.

Eric13 said:
Tongoenabiago said:
There are no specific yoga routines or anything with yoga that can help with the base chakra
Actually that’s not true. The asanas do activate and empower the chakras. For instance if this person is looking for things for the base chakra, Malasana or Uttanasana, the standing forward bend will help with that amongst others. Hence the energy buzz afterwards. The chakras are stimulated.

But they are not specified to particular chakras like mudras are, they only assist in the flow of the energy through chakras which will of course give power to the chakra but also the others as the energy circulates. It's a passive affect that isn't something direct or focused. The original poster was looking for something for a single specific chakra of which a mudra that directs energy directly into a specific chakra was what I suggested.

Eric13 said:

But they are not specified to particular chakras like mudras are, they only assist in the flow of the energy through chakras which will of course give power to the chakra but also the others as the energy circulates. It's a passive affect that isn't something direct or focused. The original poster was looking for something for a single specific chakra of which a mudra that directs energy directly into a specific chakra was what I suggested.

Certain asanas do actually directly effect specific chakras. The HPs in the past have even recommended for instance the headstand for the crown and sixth.

Here is quote from a sermon from HPS Maxine:
“The hatha [physical] yoga asanas are more than just physical. Each of these asanas works on specific chakras. The headstand works on the 6th and 7th chakras, especially when combined with the seed vibrations, breathing exercises and the application of the bandhas [the yogic locks].”

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JoSNewsletter/conversations/topics/420

Give it a try my friend, with vibration, you’ll notice the difference.

But bottom line, mudras and asanas don’t beat vibration. That’s where the power is. Combining mudra and/or asana, visualization, locks and mantra is most effective. That’s where the power is at. Sexual energy directed too is excellent.

I recommend for you tangoenabiago, if you’re having trouble with the base, mantras are your best bet, in fact mantras should be apart of your daily practices anyway, but in combination with say the standing forward bend which does hit the base and the root lock and that will help with specific blocks or deficiencies you may be having. Or like I said sexual energy directed. Along with the mudra as well of course.

Eric13 said:
Certain asanas do actually directly effect specific chakras. The HPs in the past have even recommended for instance the headstand for the crown and sixth.

Here is quote from a sermon from HPS Maxine:
“The hatha [physical] yoga asanas are more than just physical. Each of these asanas works on specific chakras. The headstand works on the 6th and 7th chakras, especially when combined with the seed vibrations, breathing exercises and the application of the bandhas [the yogic locks].”

Well, well then, I stand corrected. This is good to know as I had not come across anything yet regarding a connection between yoga and the chakras, that or I had completely forgotten it. Late knowledge is better than no knowledge. It must be that certain yoga positions do direct the flow of energy to a more concentrated area of the chakras then, but even further focusing that energy with a mudra in combination with vibration would be very powerful. This could also help in addition to dealing with blocked chakras.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227&p=43563&hilit=asanas+mantras#p43563

http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20KY%20Kriya%20for%20a%20Healthy%20Bowel%20System.htm

This simple Kundalini Yoga Routine is good for working on the Base Chakra. The colon is the main organ ruled the Base and the site of Vata Dosha (a form of bio energy that rules over nervous functions and most disorders such as being ungrounded. Health problems relating to Saturn and Mercury manifest through this bio-energy form.) It is exellent for grounding, or as a pre-workout before meditation.
Make sure you start with lower repetitions/holds if you’re not flexible enough.
Once you can comfortably hold the positions turn your attention inward to the Base Chakra and use mantras such as Laum.

http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20KY%20Kriya%20Foundation%20for%20Infinity.htm

This one also works on the Base Chakra via exercising the lower body to create a stable foundation for opening the Crown.

If you prefer working with regular Asanas, look for poses that focus on foundation, lower body, such as Crow Pose (Kundalini Yoga type) or Half Bridge. Standing poses such as Mountain Pose (Tadasana) and Tree Pose ( Vrkasana) are superb as well. Including Warrior Poses will increase intensity as they create a fiery energy and can enkindle the Kundalini.

Savitar said:
http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20KY%20Kriya%20for%20a%20Healthy%20Bowel%20System.htm

This simple Kundalini Yoga Routine is good for working on the Base Chakra. The colon is the main organ ruled the Base and the site of Vata Dosha (a form of bio energy that rules over nervous functions and most disorders such as being ungrounded. Health problems relating to Saturn and Mercury manifest through this bio-energy form.) It is exellent for grounding, or as a pre-workout before meditation.
Make sure you start with lower repetitions/holds if you’re not flexible enough.
Once you can comfortably hold the positions turn your attention inward to the Base Chakra and use mantras such as Laum.

http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20KY%20Kriya%20Foundation%20for%20Infinity.htm

This one also works on the Base Chakra via exercising the lower body to create a stable foundation for opening the Crown.

If you prefer working with regular Asanas, look for poses that focus on foundation, lower body, such as Crow Pose (Kundalini Yoga type) or Half Bridge. Standing poses such as Mountain Pose (Tadasana) and Tree Pose ( Vrkasana) are superb as well. Including Warrior Poses will increase intensity as they create a fiery energy and can enkindle the Kundalini.
Hi Savitar, how all is well:)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back