Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

tips to control constant racing thoughts?

ac32598

Hello everyone, I struggle with meditation and just everyday life because my mind is constantly racing and wont settle down its extremely difficult for me to even enter a mild trance and its always doing the opposite of what i tell it to. My focus is all over the place any tips to help this I know the Isa rune can help i just dont know how to use it in the correct manner for this issue any advice appreciated thank you

Work on the base and other lower chakras. Too much emphasis on the crown and 6th chakras can make this happen, so more work with the base can balance this.

With Isa, see the Isa rune in your mind and say Is 11 times. Like eeee-ssss with the s hissed like a snake. And say an affirmation something like "I am calmly in control of my thoughts in the most beneficial and happiest way for me."
This works but I think that you might not need to use this. I think just doing the balancing by working on the base could help you all you need. :D

-You can focus on your breath.

-Also on your energetic body ( By focusing on your physical body you'll begin to feel it.)

-You can also use your will to make your mind void. (It gets easier the more you do it.)

-As HP Mageson666 shared before in a post (about AIM it think) the AUM mantra calms the mind a lot.

-I personally find that the Humming breath is very good to Void meditate also.
(Closing your glottis while inhaling and exhaling through the nose.)

Keep in mind that the more you practice Void meditation the easier it will get.

Also, in my own experience sometimes being Void will make me more energetic and then more thoughts will arise and faster but it's worth noting that I have 5 planets in Air signs so it's probably not the same for everyone.^-^

iamlucifer666 said:
Hello everyone, I struggle with meditation and just everyday life because my mind is constantly racing and wont settle down its extremely difficult for me to even enter a mild trance and its always doing the opposite of what i tell it to. My focus is all over the place any tips to help this I know the Isa rune can help i just dont know how to use it in the correct manner for this issue any advice appreciated thank you

Void meditation can help you control your thoughts. Also breathing techniques can help you to enter a trance state.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Void_Meditation.html

iamlucifer666 said:
Practice void meditation at least 3 times a day. At first it will be difficult, but the more you practice the easier it becomes to control your thoughts at will.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Void_Meditation.html

If you are still having trouble with controlling your thoughts after two weeks, I'd recommend doing a working with the runes Isa, Ansuz, and Kenaz.

Finally, when you do your most intense and important meditations, it's highly recommended that you do them when fully awake since a tired mind is often an unfocused one.

Hopefully this advice will prove helpful.

Draw an inverted pentagram without any circle and do void meditation on it daily

Doing this before meditation can also help silence the mind:

1. Find 5 things you can see (in your immediate environment or on yourself, like your clothes etc), and label them in your mind.
2. Find 4 things you can touch, and label them in your mind.
3. Find 3 things you can hear, and label them in your mind.
4. Find 2 things you can smell, and label them in your mind.
5. Find one thing you can taste or remember tasting, and label it in your mind.

Dypet Rod said:

1. Find 5 things you can see (in your immediate environment or on yourself, like your clothes etc), and label them in your mind.

Do you have any idea why this trick is helpful?
I think I had seen this before for people dealing with anxiety attacks or I may be wrong.
Anyway, I tried it and I think it is helpful. I am just very curious as to why.^-^

Shining Sloth 666 said:
Dypet Rod said:

I think I had seen this before for people dealing with anxiety attacks or I may be wrong.
Anyway, I tried it and I think it is helpful. I am just very curious as to why.^-^

Yes, I myself am quite anxious, and one day I was looking up tips to relieve anxiety so I could effectively quiet my mind and feel at peace to meditate, and this came up among the results. I've shared this in another topic here, too.

The reason why this helps so much, is it's basically based upon void meditation techniques. When you pay attention to sounds, smells, etc around you and label them, you are essentially doing a combination of void meditation techniques ;) Therefore it helps you become more aware of your surroundings, of the here and now, and takes your focus away from distracting thoughts.

i am working on on opening all my chakras and empowering them not just the lower ones

Dypet Rod said:
Shining Sloth 666 said:
Dypet Rod said:

Yes, I myself am quite anxious, and one day I was looking up tips to relieve anxiety so I could effectively quiet my mind and feel at peace to meditate, and this came up among the results. I've shared this in another topic here, too.

The reason why this helps so much, is it's basically based upon void meditation techniques. When you pay attention to sounds, smells, etc around you and label them, you are essentially doing a combination of void meditation techniques ;) Therefore it helps you become more aware of your surroundings, of the here and now, and takes your focus away from distracting thoughts.

That's true! I had forgot about these techniques.
Thanks for the explanation btw!^-^

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back