Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Semi-Realistic Portrait of Satan

SSGrim88

Hello everyone, my username used to be “Keeper0ftheGrim0ire”, but then I really started to not like it and so I moved accounts and hopefully start fresh??? I kinda just disappeared for a year and now I’m reappearing but I have learned a lot in the past year and I kind of cringe at some things I posted when I first started on the forums lol but at least that’s a sign of advancement. I honestly probably won’t post as much as I want to since I’m like that one shy student in the back of the classroom who doesn’t say much. (I'm working on it) So yeah nickname is still “Grim” anyways moving on.

So ever since Zolaluckystar posted that “Portraits of the Gods” preview I’ve really been wanting to use my artistic abilities to draw Father though I never really got around to it since I was really doubting my abilities if I was good enough to even draw him not to mention I had no clue on how I should go about it then it finally hit me, I’m not too sure if Father or someone else helped me with the idea but I had a vision of him surrounded in blue flames and since I’m only beginning to work on my astral senses the vision was extremely blurry but I did have a basic idea to go along with:

bhtE2TL.png

Lol I tried ¯\_(︶▽︶)_/¯ I say “Semi-Realistic” since I lack confidence in it. I apologize in advance just in case it doesn't really look like him, I haven't seen him with my own eyes yet excluding other portraits. It didn’t turn out exactly how it showed up in my mind’s eye and I do see a lot of flaws but I was finally able to complete it. I know it’s not as good as Zola’s but I did try. ( I really shouldn’t be comparing myself to other artists since their path is different than mine plus more experience etc) I do find this portrait as a stepping stone to enhancing my abilities at the very least.

I really delayed his portrait for a while like even after I got the idea, I didn’t really have the will to pick up my pen and draw him specifically, but when Satan’s Day was drawing near maybe a month before I told myself I’d make his portrait for his day as a “Thank you” gift.

I did make preparations beforehand like doing a practice portrait of an original character I created who was an adult male and it only took me 18 hours so I thought I was able to make Father’s portrait within the same time frame but instead it took me 23-24 hours to complete excluding the time looking for references. (If anyone’s wondering I used Paint Tool Sai for the majority of it and Photoshop CS6 to edit it)

Though I only gave myself a week to finish this and I only have a good 4 hour drawing window every day so if I had more time I feel I might have done better. Also note I haven’t done an actual portrait in like 4-6 years, I’ve been drawing mostly Anime stuff like my profile pic XD So Father’s portrait was the 2nd digital portrait I have ever made also I took advice from the things that were lacking from my first practice portrait and applied to it Father’s.

I also asked for his help a day before I began drawing and told him what I wanted to accomplish as well as my worries regarding the matter. I was just like: “I’m worried that I won’t be able to capture the essence of your beauty!” I began to laugh but I felt that I should just continue on regardless of how it turned out.

Funny thing, on one of the days I was supposed to work on his portrait, I was super tired from the day and I just really wanted to sleep or at least have a nap, so I was lying in bed for a while trying to fall asleep but before I could I ended up feeling this energy all of a sudden crawling up my body and I couldn’t fall asleep, it was making me stay up, I even tried to shake this energy off but I couldn’t so I thought “I wonder whose energy this is?” Then I ended up getting 3 notifications on my Ipod almost immediately from someone on an art site who liked my art and their username had “SATAN” in capital letters plus other things so I took that as an answer that it was Father trying to wake me up XD Honestly I was kinda complaining saying I was so tired and let me sleep for at least 30 minutes but he was persistent of me getting out of bed to continue his portrait, I felt him saying something along the lines of “Didn’t you want to complete my portrait?” This moment felt like how a parent was waking up their child to go to school and the child doesn’t want to :lol: Until finally I got out of bed and was like “Okay fine! Just let me try and wake myself up first” I was so sleepy so I played a video game that required me to use my head for a bit and finally I was able to work on it and the energy had left. I found out that night when he bugged me was a crucial day for me to work on the portrait so I am grateful he had done that.

The enemy was also bugging me throughout the process discouraging me or just making me downright depressed, they really didn’t want me to finish the portrait on time. Yeah it sucked.

After I was done and presented it to him on his day, I felt like he did like my portrait but it took a while for this to go through my head. I had asked recently if it was okay to post it in the forums and I felt a warmth so I took this as a yes. After drawing the portrait I feel like I got closer to Father since before I was like extremely nervous about establishing a relationship with him and kinda avoided it…but now that’s behind me sort of.

I would also like to thank Zola for posting those portraits, they really inspired me greatly to use my abilities to draw Father otherwise I’d probably wouldn’t have for a while and delayed what this process has taught me. I also encourage other artists to do the same as you’ll probably learn a thing or two. I’ll probably draw him again traditionally to see if there’s a difference from my digital one, eventually anyways.

Sooo, thank you to those who took the time to read my post and hope you like my drawing!

Congratulations on your work :) I've never had a vision of Father Satan either so I can't tell if it looks accurate, but compared to other portraits, many features look really close to what he's like, and it's a well made portrait overall. Thank you for sharing.

And I get the reference in your signature, fellow Zelda player xD

I have always wanted to do what zola did to be honest, but I feel like I need to enhance my drawing skills further.

Anywho, nice portrait of him.

We love you Satan, a true Emperor to all gentile races. ([Insert red eye glowing meme]: *eyes glow ruby red at probable infiltrators and trolls*)

Dypet Rod said:
Congratulations on your work :) I've never had a vision of Father Satan either so I can't tell if it looks accurate, but compared to other portraits, many features look really close to what he's like, and it's a well made portrait overall. Thank you for sharing.

And I get the reference in your signature, fellow Zelda player xD

Thank you! Your words mean a lot ^^
Oh so you get my reference eh? [Insert man of culture meme] :lol:

Wotanwarrior said:
Is a wonderful portrait, thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much!

Wildfire said:
I have always wanted to do what zola did to be honest, but I feel like I need to enhance my drawing skills further.

Anywho, nice portrait of him.

We love you Satan, a true Emperor to all gentile races. ([Insert red eye glowing meme]: *eyes glow ruby red at probable infiltrators and trolls*)

If you want to do what Zola has done then I feel like you should just do it. Set those thoughts aside since you'll never know until you try or rather until you've completed it, you may even be surprised. I remember beforehand I was thinking that I wasn't a good enough artist to draw him but this was probably a way for me to delay drawing him in the first place, even during the process but I knew I had to continue on. You can probably even ask the gods for guidance if this is want your heart really wants to do. Even if you are not satisfied with the outcome then that's totally fine, you're an artist and artists learn continuously, this is just a stepping stone and you could even do another one in the future and compare it to the last to see how far you've come with your abilities.I feel as though the gods will appreciate your work regardless and urge you to continue. This was my way of showing my love for Father Satan and to try to get closer to him which sorta worked so maybe you should do the same ^^ You can do it! This was my little pep talk for you xD
Anyways thanks for the compliment!!! :D

Zolaluckystar you are a superior painter and I thank you for every painting you have ever done. When I achieve success in life, I want to reward you for what you have done. The Gods will remind me if I forget.

Wildfire said:

haha the good old red eyes meme :D

It's so shiny and nice! I like the smoke effects. You also drew the neck/collarbone area very well. His eyes and mouth seem ever so slightly small for His face :p It doesn't distract from the quality of the piece though.

Zola, would you ever paint Haures?

SSGrim88 said:
Hello everyone, my username used to be “Keeper0ftheGrim0ire”, but then I really started to not like it and so I moved accounts and hopefully start fresh??? I kinda just disappeared for a year and now I’m reappearing but I have learned a lot in the past year and I kind of cringe at some things I posted when I first started on the forums lol but at least that’s a sign of advancement. I honestly probably won’t post as much as I want to since I’m like that one shy student in the back of the classroom who doesn’t say much. (I'm working on it) So yeah nickname is still “Grim” anyways moving on.

So ever since Zolaluckystar posted that “Portraits of the Gods” preview I’ve really been wanting to use my artistic abilities to draw Father though I never really got around to it since I was really doubting my abilities if I was good enough to even draw him not to mention I had no clue on how I should go about it then it finally hit me, I’m not too sure if Father or someone else helped me with the idea but I had a vision of him surrounded in blue flames and since I’m only beginning to work on my astral senses the vision was extremely blurry but I did have a basic idea to go along with:

bhtE2TL.png

Lol I tried ¯\_(︶▽︶)_/¯ I say “Semi-Realistic” since I lack confidence in it. I apologize in advance just in case it doesn't really look like him, I haven't seen him with my own eyes yet excluding other portraits. It didn’t turn out exactly how it showed up in my mind’s eye and I do see a lot of flaws but I was finally able to complete it. I know it’s not as good as Zola’s but I did try. ( I really shouldn’t be comparing myself to other artists since their path is different than mine plus more experience etc) I do find this portrait as a stepping stone to enhancing my abilities at the very least.

I really delayed his portrait for a while like even after I got the idea, I didn’t really have the will to pick up my pen and draw him specifically, but when Satan’s Day was drawing near maybe a month before I told myself I’d make his portrait for his day as a “Thank you” gift.

I did make preparations beforehand like doing a practice portrait of an original character I created who was an adult male and it only took me 18 hours so I thought I was able to make Father’s portrait within the same time frame but instead it took me 23-24 hours to complete excluding the time looking for references. (If anyone’s wondering I used Paint Tool Sai for the majority of it and Photoshop CS6 to edit it)

Though I only gave myself a week to finish this and I only have a good 4 hour drawing window every day so if I had more time I feel I might have done better. Also note I haven’t done an actual portrait in like 4-6 years, I’ve been drawing mostly Anime stuff like my profile pic XD So Father’s portrait was the 2nd digital portrait I have ever made also I took advice from the things that were lacking from my first practice portrait and applied to it Father’s.

I also asked for his help a day before I began drawing and told him what I wanted to accomplish as well as my worries regarding the matter. I was just like: “I’m worried that I won’t be able to capture the essence of your beauty!” I began to laugh but I felt that I should just continue on regardless of how it turned out.

Funny thing, on one of the days I was supposed to work on his portrait, I was super tired from the day and I just really wanted to sleep or at least have a nap, so I was lying in bed for a while trying to fall asleep but before I could I ended up feeling this energy all of a sudden crawling up my body and I couldn’t fall asleep, it was making me stay up, I even tried to shake this energy off but I couldn’t so I thought “I wonder whose energy this is?” Then I ended up getting 3 notifications on my Ipod almost immediately from someone on an art site who liked my art and their username had “SATAN” in capital letters plus other things so I took that as an answer that it was Father trying to wake me up XD Honestly I was kinda complaining saying I was so tired and let me sleep for at least 30 minutes but he was persistent of me getting out of bed to continue his portrait, I felt him saying something along the lines of “Didn’t you want to complete my portrait?” This moment felt like how a parent was waking up their child to go to school and the child doesn’t want to :lol: Until finally I got out of bed and was like “Okay fine! Just let me try and wake myself up first” I was so sleepy so I played a video game that required me to use my head for a bit and finally I was able to work on it and the energy had left. I found out that night when he bugged me was a crucial day for me to work on the portrait so I am grateful he had done that.

The enemy was also bugging me throughout the process discouraging me or just making me downright depressed, they really didn’t want me to finish the portrait on time. Yeah it sucked.

After I was done and presented it to him on his day, I felt like he did like my portrait but it took a while for this to go through my head. I had asked recently if it was okay to post it in the forums and I felt a warmth so I took this as a yes. After drawing the portrait I feel like I got closer to Father since before I was like extremely nervous about establishing a relationship with him and kinda avoided it…but now that’s behind me sort of.

I would also like to thank Zola for posting those portraits, they really inspired me greatly to use my abilities to draw Father otherwise I’d probably wouldn’t have for a while and delayed what this process has taught me. I also encourage other artists to do the same as you’ll probably learn a thing or two. I’ll probably draw him again traditionally to see if there’s a difference from my digital one, eventually anyways.

Sooo, thank you to those who took the time to read my post and hope you like my drawing!

You know, looking at this portrait of Father Satan that you painted really stood out to me in one thing... Father Satan's eyes... You captured everything that Father Satan has ever felt and everything he got to experience. I've never seen such a thing in anybody's portraits of the True Gods....

zolaluckystar said:
I think its wonderful and honestly, humbling that I inspired you. HPS Maxine has written that one of the things our Gods would wish of us is that we don't forget them, that we honor them in songs, storys, paintings....

*Small gasp* :eek: Thank you so much Zola! Your words really do mean a lot since you’re one of the artists I look up to ^^ Before drawing Father I was just like: “I wanna draw all the Gods too eventually” since I wanted to do something for them rather than just spiritual warfare. I also have a bit more confidence in my abilities after I completed Father’s portrait, though I do have many other art projects that mean a lot to me that I wish to work on so I’d probably have to space them out if I do try and take it on.

Now that you mention Astarte, after drawing Father, I was going to try to draw Horus next since I have a really strong feeling that he may be my GD (I’ve been seeing owls everywhere!) but he doesn’t have a lot of references of what he actually looks like besides your portrait you made and honestly I did fangirl over it so I think that’s a positive sign he’s my GD but I’m not entirely sure, I was gunna see if I could make a topic about it eventually lol. Anyways due to this I wasn’t entirely confident to draw him next so that’s when Astarte came to mind then I got a thought “Maybe you should try drawing her next” like someone was hinting at me, I was even thinking about how pretty she was, though I was hesitant at the time but she does have a lot more references for me to work with. Then probably a few days ago after I finished an astral senses working where your vibrate Inanna I began getting a nagging feeling about drawing her like her name kept popping up as well as “portrait” or “drawing” though I kind of brushed it off as my imagination since I did just vibrate her name and I did just post that portrait of Satan but I did take it into consideration like “Is someone requesting me to draw her???” And I’ve been thinking about her ever since so regardless if it's a request or not I’ll probably try and tackle her portrait next when I have the time then I’ll come back to Horus XD

Do you have Her portrait up anywhere? I don't remember if I saw it but I would like to

Godmode said:
It's so shiny and nice! I like the smoke effects. You also drew the neck/collarbone area very well. His eyes and mouth seem ever so slightly small for His face :p It doesn't distract from the quality of the piece though.
Thank you!
Yeah I draw a lot of anime and their eyes are pretty big as well as some of their proportions are off so I was trying to avoid that but apparently I made them smaller :lol: Eh I did try, I guess I gotta revisit proportions, I'll keep that in mind for the next portrait though so thank you for the critique :D

FlamingRedRose666 said:
You know, looking at this portrait of Father Satan that you painted really stood out to me in one thing... Father Satan's eyes... You captured everything that Father Satan has ever felt and everything he got to experience. I've never seen such a thing in anybody's portraits of the True Gods....

Thank you, I actually began this painting with his eyes so a lot of my energy went into the eyes and the surrounding area at first. (Though the eye proportions are kinda off lol) I tried to connect with Father as much as I could, immerse myself in his energy though I am not that open but I did feel something, something that words couldn't really describe, just a lot of emotion and something deeper so I'm glad to see your comment because I really did connect with him more and expressed it through this painting than I thought I did :)

SSGrim88 said:
Godmode said:
Thank you!
Yeah I draw a lot of anime and their eyes are pretty big as well as some of their proportions are off so I was trying to avoid that but apparently I made them smaller :lol: Eh I did try, I guess I gotta revisit proportions, I'll keep that in mind for the next portrait though so thank you for the critique :D

FlamingRedRose666 said:

Thank you, I actually began this painting with his eyes so a lot of my energy went into the eyes and the surrounding area at first. (Though the eye proportions are kinda off lol) I tried to connect with Father as much as I could, immerse myself in his energy though I am not that open but I did feel something, something that words couldn't really describe, just a lot of emotion and something deeper so I'm glad to see your comment because I really did connect with him more and expressed it through this painting than I thought I did :)

That's very interesting. Glad you got to connect with Father Satan!! :D :mrgreen:

Oh weird. I was hitting CTRL-F to scan the pages for Haures and Flauros but it didn't recognize it and I only found it after scrolling down. Sorry about that, this is really great though. From what I can remember it does look like her in the face.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back